Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we have players on the trade block by any chance...?

michael_33

:doh:

carlos lost his job to a torn acl and was playing well up until that point

smoot on the other hand was shakey at best when he was playing nickle,and only played well once he became a starter again.

pfft, what are you talking about? Carlos OBVIOUSLY lost his job because Gregg Williams and Gibbs were pissed he couldnt play on a torn ACL and MCL.

Come on, he must suck if he can't play with tears to those ligaments!

That being said, I think we should look to trade Betts...I think that there are late round RB's that are just as talented...Betts for a 3rd round pick would be great.

Couple things here:

- Betts is not worth a 3rd round pick at this point. He's 28 and hasn't shown enough consistency to get a team to trade a third rounder for him.

- The RB class is one of the deepest I've ever seen. Why would someone trade a 3rd rounder for Betts when they can get an RB who is just as good, if not better, and 5 years younger?

- A lot of teams aren't looking for RBs right now, and if they are, they are looking for a back to run a platoon with what they already have. We've already seen that Betts produces when he gets carries and isn't as effective working in a rotation.

For those of you who are so willing to trade Betts, please answer this question; who will then back up Clinton Portis?

Don't get me wrong, I have entertained the thought of us trading Betts before also. But then common sense set in and I realized that we re-signed Betts for a very good reason...he is a solid, proven RB who we already know can step in and get the job done if need be.

Carlos Rogers does not suck..... I find it funny when all these people bash him. So what he doesn't have the greatest hands, thats why he plays defense. He is a very good corner. Don't say anything about the "cushion" he would give, that was GW telling him to do that.

Out of 64 starting corners in the league Rodgers isnt in the top 50. I dont even think he is better than Smoot. He cant catch, takle or cover and you will see when he returns. He is not going to have Taylor to help him out anymore

You keep hearing all these rumors of players being traded or teams interested in players on the trade block and so on....

Are we shopping anyone at all....?

You would think that we would try to get some draft picks for players we plan on releasing anyway?

Is it because their contracts are too balooned or our players suck or what?

i know we are keeping betts and his contract is small,plus we need him...

But what about other guys...?

Like Carlos rogers...=he's sucks(shouldn't we try to get something for him before we cut him or not re-sign him when he's a FA?

or how about Brandon Lloyd?I know he's not worth more than a bag of dorrito's,but I love dorrito's... ;)

Or what about Springs...?I know we could get a decent pick from this guy...He could probably help a team out desperate for a #1 CB....But we need to get younger there and his contract is getting crazy...

I'm not sure looking at trade offers for Cornelius Griffin would be bad idea,if we plan on looking at the D-line in the draft?

We need to get some youth on this team or this will be the Zorn in our side next year! :)

Can anyone give a true answer to this?

Who'd want players from the Redskins? At least in a trade.

Dude...Carlos lost his job to Smoot!

and Rogers always gets burned...If we don't trade his butt now,he will be worth less than lloyd!

Plus he's coming off an injury...If someone offered me a 4th round pick for him....I'd jump on it!

Only time I saw him losing his job to Smoot was AFTER he got injured. :doh:

He always gets burned??? Have you been watching the games?? He WAS our best corner, he just started playing good before he got injured.

The injury is the only good point you make, maybe he won't be AS GOOD when he comes back...but he sure as hell won't be MORE SUCKY.

Out of 64 starting corners in the league Rodgers isnt in the top 50. I dont even think he is better than Smoot. He cant catch, takle or cover and you will see when he returns. He is not going to have Taylor to help him out anymore

Yet another person on the forum who hasn't watched a Redskin game all year. Who cares if he can't catch...corners are not WR's. And you say he can't cover or tackle, but hes one of the most physical corners in the league? :doh:

Seriously man, TiVO some games and rewatch them. He may suck this year and the next, but thats because of injury....not anything else.

You keep hearing all these rumors of players being traded or teams interested in players on the trade block and so on....

Are we shopping anyone at all....?

Can anyone give a true answer to this?

Yeah, I can give you the true answer to your question.

Most of the players on the trading block are disgruntled players, or no longer fit a particular team's scheme. A player may have been drafted and then a new head coach comes along, and that player doesn't fit anymore.

But mainly, when you make a trade, keep in mind two things first, which all GM's immediately have to consider.

1) First of all is that when a trade is made, a team is NOT really trading the player. The team is trading the player's contract. So if the Redskins trade a player like Springs for example, the other team has to like his contract and be able to absorb it under their cap. If Springs doesn't want to renegoiate it, then the team can't do anything about it except cut him.

In the case of Springs who is 33 and injury prone, no team is going to take his large contract. Unfortunately, in spite of his bloated contract for his age, he still happens to be our best cornerback.

2) Second, assuming a team would take Springs in a trade, the Redskins would have to absorb the cap hit. As tight as their cap is right now, they might not be able to do that.

Presently, checking the roster, the only player the Skins could maybe trade (without taking a big cap hit or creating another hole on the roster to fill), would be Betts. But with a glut of running backs as free agents and in the draft, the only way the Redskins could get equal value, would be a player for player swap.

No one in their right mind is going to give us anything for Brandon Lloyd. :doh: And as for guys like Cornelius Griffin, they have bloated contracts and are over 30 and are past their prime.

Yeah, we could trade someone like say Santana Moss to fill a hole, but we would only be creating another hole.

Hope this all makes sense. :)

Dude...Carlos lost his job to Smoot!

and Rogers always gets burned...If we don't trade his butt now,he will be worth less than lloyd!

Plus he's coming off an injury...If someone offered me a 4th round pick for him....I'd jump on it!

WOW!!! I didnt know that getting hurt for the year and someone coming in for you meant you lost your job to that person. Im glad you are not in charge....... Last I checked even Champ Bailey gets burnt, it happens.

You are a joke..... Are you the OP just signed in under a different name? He cant catch, I will give you that. He can tackle and cover well though.

Archived