Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama Republicans aren't conservatives

88Comrade2000

Love it how Obama mentions he has republican support. He probably does have support among the liberal republicans- the few that are still out there and the moderate republicans.

I don't think they are conservatives though. An economic conservative would not support Obama just based on his policies alone and that's not taking into account what the democratic congress wants to do. Social conservatives wouldn't be for him either. Some with security conservatives.

Obama could very well win in a landslide; leaving the republicans with only the fractured core left.

Love it how Obama mentions he has republican support. He probably does have support among the liberal republicans- the few that are still out there and the moderate republicans.

I don't think they are conservatives though. An economic conservative would not support Obama just based on his policies alone and that's not taking into account what the democratic congress wants to do. Social conservatives wouldn't be for him either. Some with security conservatives.

Obama could very well win in a landslide; leaving the republicans with only the fractured core left.

Don't count out Democrats jumping ship to support McCain. I can see guys like Lieberman endorsing McCain.

Even though some people have already voted for Obama mentally there will others who will get turned off. Once he gets the nod, let the games begin.

Don't count out Democrats jumping ship to support McCain. I can see guys like Lieberman endorsing McCain.

Even though some people have already voted for Obama mentally there will others who will get turned off. Once he gets the nod, let the games begin.

Lieberman already has endorsed Mccain. I'll be voting for Johnny Mac; probably! Thing is, he's turning off independents by catering to the base. Everyone knows he doesn't really believe what he's giving to the republican base; which is why they won't support him. They know he's just pandering to them.

The energy and enthusiasm is with Obama and that will take him to victory. People will ignore what he's actually going to do. They won't get that buyers remorse until take day in 2009; when they find Obama and The Crats have retroactively raises everyone's taxes. They'll be clever about it and call it something else but in order to enact their agenda; they will have to raises everyone's taxes to pay for it.

I think you will see quite a bit of it from conservative Dems.

Obama is moving from center to left in many ways,whereas McCain is more central.

It will be a interesting election if it is between Obama and MC,just watching the shifts in supporters.

Your logic dictates that individuals must support candidates who support their views. In fact, anecdotally, there are quite a number of Republican Obama supporters who support him despite his stances in a variety of political areas. They support him for what he represents, they support him for generation gapping the political establishment, they support him for his seemingly honest and open approach to those with whom he disagress on policy, and they support him because they want to send a message to their own party.

Your logic dictates that individuals must support candidates who support their views. In fact, anecdotally, there are quite a number of Republican Obama supporters who support him despite his stances in a variety of political areas. They support him for what he represents, they support him for generation gapping the political establishment, they support him for his seemingly honest and open approach to those with whom he disagress on policy, and they support him because they want to send a message to their own party.

Obama is a big government, big spending candidate. Conservatives want less government, less spending. One reason why the republicans lost in 2006. One reason why they don't support really support Mccain because they don't believe he would be one.

Voting for someone who will do the exact opposite of what you believe; isn't really sending a message. The republican party is finished and will eventually be replaced with something else.

The days of landslides are over....

Right now in the polls, Obama is not beating McCain by more than 8% in any poll and he (McCain) is beating Hillary in nearly every one.

Obama is a big government, big spending candidate. Conservatives want less government, less spending. One reason why the republicans lost in 2006. One reason why they don't support really support Mccain because they don't believe he would be one.

Voting for someone who will do the exact opposite of what you believe; isn't really sending a message. The republican party is finished and will eventually be replaced with something else.

I just wrote a post speaking about reasons to vote for a candidate despite policy disagreements. You didn't refute any of those points. You basically repeated the initial post. Care to address the actual post?

Obama is a big government, big spending candidate. Conservatives want less government, less spending. One reason why the republicans lost in 2006. One reason why they don't support really support Mccain because they don't believe he would be one. ......

Wait a minute now, of all the Republican candidates that ran this year McCain is the most fiscally conservative. Who else has proposed the total elimination of earmarks? I believe McCain may be thie first candidate we've had in a long time that will actually try to keep spending under control. That is not saying he will succeed.

The message that will be sent is when True conservatives is to vote none of the above by staying home or turning out in huge numbers to vote for conservative Governors and Congress types but passing on both presidential candidates.

I could live with a liberal democrat like Obama winning if we could replace a liberal supreme court justice or two before he comes into office with conservative ones

Lieberman already has endorsed Mccain. I'll be voting for Johnny Mac; probably! Thing is, he's turning off independents by catering to the base. Everyone knows he doesn't really believe what he's giving to the republican base; which is why they won't support him. They know he's just pandering to them.

The energy and enthusiasm is with Obama and that will take him to victory. People will ignore what he's actually going to do. They won't get that buyers remorse until take day in 2009; when they find Obama and The Crats have retroactively raises everyone's taxes. They'll be clever about it and call it something else but in order to enact their agenda; they will have to raises everyone's taxes to pay for it.

Obama says his healthcare plan would cost $50 billion to $65 billion a year.

McCain's plan is to give a tax credit of $2500 to ALL individuals ($5000 for every family) to purchase healthcare with the extra put in a health savings account.

With roughly 140 million taxpayers:

140 million x $2500 = $350 billion per year.

Add to that the cost of the Iraq war.

Now, whether you actually believe Obama's numbers is up to you.

The point is that there will be rampant government spending no matter where you look. McCain is not going be any better. He might even be worse.

Who else has proposed the total elimination of earmarks? I believe McCain may be thie first candidate we've had in a long time that will actually try to keep spending under control. That is not saying he will succeed.

Let me quote from Obama's website:

"Obama will slash earmarks", "Obama will stop funding wasteful, obsolete federal government programs that make no financial sense"

Two headings on his fiscal page: "Cut Pork Barrel Spending" and "End Wasteful Government Spending."

The days of landslides are over....

Right now in the polls, Obama is not beating McCain by more than 8% in any poll and he (McCain) is beating Hillary in nearly every one.

I mean electoral landslide, not popular vote. Obama can win each state by one vote and end up with an electoral landslide if he wins enough states.

Let me quote from Obama's website:

"Obama will slash earmarks", "Obama will stop funding wasteful, obsolete federal government programs that make no financial sense"

Two headings on his fiscal page: "Cut Pork Barrel Spending" and "End Wasteful Government Spending."

How. You honestly think Obama is going to overrule what the democrats will pass? Even though the democrats control congress; they can't get what they want passed since they don't have a democratic president to sign their legislation. That will change next year. They have 14 years of pent up frustrations that will be released in January 09! Obama may believe he will be able to change; he's got that hope thing. I don't see it happening. The congress will put him in his place!

Archived