Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Herzog vs Michaels. Who is the voice of our Skins?

Scamp1

Just think Larry {the underling} has gone under the radar to long. Whats your thoughts on Dannys front man compared to the Frank. To this day, I cant beleive I have to listen to those lame --- commentators on Fox . Because Larry annoys me enough that Sonny & Sam cant make up the slack. Beleive me I gave Larry a chance but ,geeez after about 5 mins of him you got the feeling your in a used car lot with the salesman from hell. Sonny and Sam never seem to recognize him in the booth or while conversating during the game. NO chemistry. Am I alone on this or anybody else feel the same. :2cents: :logo:

Not sure I buy the premise that people's dissatisfaction with Larry Michaels has exactly gone "under the radar" around here. Seems to me we have a Larry-bashing around here about once a week. :)

It gives me a chance to stand up for my guy. Larry Michael is awesome.

There, I'm good for a week or so.

:cool:

It has absolutely nothing to do with Larry Michaels. He didn't fire Frank and take the job. If Frank Herzog had retired or passed away Michaels would be welcomed with open arms and judged on his merits alone, be what they may.

Snyder replaced Herzog for whatever reasons and it, obviously, had nothing to do with ability or the job. Snyder replaced a part of Redskins legend before the time had come and it's as simple as that.

Micheals is simply the easy target, however unfair it is to him.

herzog hands down, larry m has the voice but zip personailty.there's no flow and that has nothing to do with anyone else but larry m.listening to frank , sonny and sam was a tradition. like going over to your dad's to watch the game and meeting your brothers and best friends over there. larry's had his time and in my opinion it just doesn't work.he's a jerk bram on their show and he's like a third shoe on the game broad cast.it just proves that it takes more than a voice to make it in this business.

The three most repeated threads in ES history:

1) Uniform threads.

2) Frank vs Larry threads.

3) Redskins name change threads.

add one of the most misguided assumptions being that Snyder or the Redskins fired Herzog. Herzog was fired when Redskins radio was still on WJFK. He was fired by their management, not anyone by the Redskins. Herzog was also fired from WUSA (channel 9).

add one of the most misguided assumptions being that Snyder or the Redskins fired Herzog. Herzog was fired when Redskins radio was still on WJFK. He was fired by their management, not anyone by the Redskins. Herzog was also fired from WUSA (channel 9).

I do beleive Larry Michael was running WJFK at the time. Hence why Herzog was fired and Michael is now the announcer. Nice try to make every look good, but Herzog. BTW the team is the end all be all when it comes to choosing their announcers. So ultimately the team did fire him.

"He's got Sanders, and he is gone, unless they can catch him" SB XXII

"He's gone, he's gone" SB XVII

"Touchdown...WASHINGTON REDSKINS" Any given Sunday in Autumn

No disrespect to Larry Michael but it is comparing apples and oranges. Several factors will sway your opinion. Age being one and the amount of success from the team. Since I grew up listening to Frank during the Redskins glory years, I am bias toward him.

If and when the Redskins enjoy such success again, Larry will have his chance to endear his voice and calls in to my heart. Until that time, and we all pray that it comes, it's Frank.

Snyder and the Redskins dictated what WJFK could and could not do with the redskins radio..............

There will only be one voice in Redskin's radio that stands alone and that's Frank Herzog. His immortal "Touchdown Washington Redskins" will always live on. He should be inducted into the Ring of Fame at Fedex, IMO.

absolutely well put.

also, for the LAST time: conversating is not an English word. It never has been and it dosent even make sense.

The word you are looking for is conversing.

con·verse1 premium.gifthinsp.pngPronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[v. kuhthinsp.pngn-vurs; n. kon-vurs] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -versed, -vers·ing, noun

–verb (used without object) 1.to talk informally with another or others; exchange views, opinions, etc., by talking. 2.Archaic. to maintain a familiar association (usually fol. by with). 3.Obsolete. to have sexual intercourse (usually fol. by with). –noun 4.familiar discourse or talk; conversation.

Archived