Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Diamonds in the Rough Thread (put your college "gem" here) Merged M.E.T.

EliMustDie28

As most of us would also agree, we definitely need to be looking at OL depth as well. Let's look at some monsters here that may go late, and or UDFA, let's see shall we:

OT's = Tony Hill 6-6 305, Heath Benedict 6-6 320 (could fall to us in 3rd), Oneil Cousins 6-4 305 (could fall to us in 3rd), Carl Nicks 6-5 330 (could fall to us in 3rd), Kirk Barton 6-6 310, Geoff Schwartz 6-7 337, Corey Clark 6-6 326, Brandon Keith 6-6 331 some of these may be UDFA's, and others if fall to us in 5th, or maybe even 3rd we should snatch them up.

OG's = Chad Rinehart 6-5 308, Mike McGlynn 6-5 315, Robert Felton 6-4 328, Chris McDuffie 6-5 330, Shawn Murphy 6-5 315, Jordan Grimes 6-3 325, Will Arnold 6-4 319, Adam Kraus 6-6 297, Andrew Bain 6-3 344, Chester Adams 6-4 335 alot of these may drop to UDFA, and most others would be late rounders, maybe 6th/7th round projects. Some have some versatility to play more than one spot on the line to, which is important for youth depth.

C's = John Sullivan 6-4 303, Kory Lichtensteiger 6-3 300, Jamey Richard 6-4 301, Adam Spieker 6-3 305, Doug Legursky 6-3 311, Robbie Krutilla 6-3 314 - - I don't really think Center is a top priority for us to find someone here, but all of our OL is 30 plus, and we should bring in someone who can possibly play C/G and be groomed for the future.

I think our starting unit for this year is set, and probably no pick we will be able to grab would be able to surpass any of those (Samuels, Kendall, Rabach, Thomas, Jansen). I think Heyer is a great find that we got, and he is set to remain a Redskin and possibly take over for Jansen even though he was brought in for LT, he did very well on the RT. Wade is too costly and we should look to replace him. Fabini proved to be serviceable, but is old (34 at start of season) and maybe only has a year or two left. Rick Demulling while being a veteran could not outdo Fabini so I'd say he's gone and he's 30 as well. Pucillo is probably done now per Cerrato. Lorenzo Alexander has been stated that he will be OL this year, which he could probably fill in @ G should we have injuries there. This Kevin Sampson has played RT, so maybe Heyer will convert back to LT if Sampson shows something. Is Tucker done? he's been a Guard mainly, and can play all around OL, so he may stick to roster dependant upon draft success. Tavares Washinton was brought in during off-season and is a young Tackle, so he and Sampson will battle for a roster spot as well.

I think we will shape down to our 5 starters, with Heyer (OT backup), Fabini or draft pick(OG backup), Alexander (OG backup), Washington/Sampson/Draft pick (OT backup) and Tucker/Draft pick (C Backup)

Here's to a deep successful draft, HAIL!!

I'm the Resident Notre Dame guy here, but I don't think Trevor Laws is the answer. He's a good kid, but he plays in the 3-4 and Mo Crum Jr. is the best player from that D last year, and he's going back to school.

Notre Dame has had plenty of great d-linemen this decade including Justin Tuck and Victor Abiamiri so who knows, he may be a good NFL player I'm just not sold.

Their defense was way too weak, they didn't get any pressure on the QB and their CB's were ****e. Zbikowski decided that he wasn't gonna cover anybody this year. But the offense was so bad that the defense never really got rested.

Jack Ikegwuono, Wisc- This guy just recently suffered the same injury that carlos rogers has so he won't be able to play next year. He was headed for the 1st or 2nd round before that injury and I figure he'll take a plummet similar or perhaps more drastically than michael bush did last year. If we could get him in the 5th it would be the steal of the draft. We would need another option to use as a stopgap until carlos is healthy but this guy and carlos should make a good corner tandem for years.

i was just going to post him, he is from here in Wisconsin and i have seen him play. after he comes back from the knee he could be the number one CB

Also, CB Chevis Jackson from LSU. He's very physical and has nice size for a corner.

He's projected go go very high though, isn't he? I'd love to have him too, but I doubt he'll fall into the lower rounds of the draft unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy.

He's projected go go very high though, isn't he? I'd love to have him too, but I doubt he'll fall into the lower rounds of the draft unless I'm thinking of the wrong guy.

Chevis Jackson is listed as the 16-20 corner on most lists of top CB's. I dont know where he is projected, I just liked the way he played in a few LSU games I got to see. Plus I've always liked LSU defenders (Yes even before #30)

Justin King, CB, Penn State. (not sure why they have him listed at WR)

One of the most sought-after recruits in the country coming out of high school, he started since he was a Freshman both on defense and as a returner, and had an outstanding Sophomore year playing just corner back. Struggled a bit last year while hampered with a shoulder injury.

He's shut down NFL-caliber talent such as Ted Ginn Jr. and Robert Meechum, but at times his coverage does prove inconsistent, as is his tackling. He's got all the physical tools, is mentally tough, and very coachable. Graduated in 3 years, very intelligent, not a trouble maker. With proper coaching, he could be a very solid asset to this defense.

He should go somewhere in the 3rd round they say. We need some depth at this position, and we'll likely go offense with our first two picks (WR and OL, I'm guessing), so taking King in the 3rd would be a great move.

Whats up with the Sig Peregrine. I dont really understand

I saw this one yesterday, was thinking it meant Taylor would run through a wall for you, and was about to take another swing at it, but then just now I noticed that it has #22 on the back. I like it, just was wondering what it means

FS Tony LeZotte from James Madison University (6'0", 198 lbs, 4.57s 40)

-2007 AFCA Coache's All-America Team

-2007 Walter Camp All-America Team

-2007 CAA Defensive Player of the Year

-2004 NCAA D1-AA National Champion

-3 x Associated Press 1st Team All-American

-1 x Associated Press 2nd Team All-American

-Played all 50 games from 2004-2007 (never missed one, played with broken bones & assorted other injuries)

Yes he is a 1-AA player but this kid can ball - tough as nails, hard hitter, good sideline-to-sideline speed. He's similar to Reed Doughty but with a much better pedigree and more physical. He will probably slip to 6th or 7th round where he'd be a steal. Quite possible he could wind up as an UDFA. I'd love to see him get a shot on the 'Skins in camp.

FS Tony LeZotte from James Madison University (6'0", 198 lbs, 4.57s 40)

He is known as one of the best prospects JMU has every brought in. However, he seems like one of those great I-AA players but borderline/average NFL players. Sure others have surprised though, notably Darren Sharper. Just remember though that Reed Doughty was a big name in I-AA.

LeZotte was ridiculous though. I saw him play for two seasons. Much better than his worthless QB brother Matt.

I also like DJ Hall, WR from Alabama. Off-field issues, but can be a great player otherwise.

Also consider S Jonathan Hefney from UT. He was a pre-season All-American, but kinda had a bad year for the Vols last season. He still may end upa 3rd rounder. His height is also kinda low at 5'9". However, with some proper coaching, it seems like he does have talent and could play well. He started for 2-3 season at UT, which does say something.

FS Jamie Silva from Boston College. He is projected to be drafted in the third or fourth round and is a football player. Nothing more nothing less.

I am not saying that he is the best player for our team since he is projected as a FS and Landry absolutely must remain at FS IMO but he should shine in the NFL.

A little homer love:

Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice.

Biletnikoff Finalist. Shattered every receiving record in Rice history.

2006: 91 receptions, 1247 yds., 21 TDs.

2007: 79, 1057, 14. And this was in a horrible year for Rice football.

He's apparently holding out another year, though, so we can watch him for 2009.

Haruki Nakamura - S -

Adrian Arrington - WR -

Ryan Torain - RB - Info

Branden Albert - OG - Info

Adamm Oliver - DE - Info

Jordy Nelson - WR -

That's what I'm talking about. I loved it. Sold on Arrington and that was just ONE game. Sheesh. What an amazing game he had.

Edit; Wow Jordy Nelson can Play. I'm interested to see what he runs in the 40 now.

GOing to watch the rest, but thanks for posting this.

Resident Hokie homer here...

I like Brandon Flowers, but he should go high. Don't really like Ellis' attitude. My picks are:

Vince Hall LB 6' 0" 238

This guy doesn't have the perfect measurables, but has a great nose for the football. Foster, the VT DC, said he was the best player he has coached. Could be almost a carbon copy of Blades.

hall2006_11.jpg

----

Also, VT has like 5 receivers going Pro this year. We should take a chance with one of them, like Justin Harper 6' 4" & 214 pounds or Josh Morgan 6' 1" & 220 pounds, from Washington, D.C. (H.D. Woodson.)

morganTDvsGT.jpg

Resident Hokie homer here...

I like Brandon Flowers, but he should go high. Don't really like Ellis' attitude. My picks are:

Vince Hall LB 6' 0" 238

This guy doesn't have the perfect measurables, but has a great nose for the football. Foster, the VT DC, said he was the best player he has coached. Could be almost a carbon copy of Blades.

----

Also, VT has like 5 receivers going Pro this year. We should take a chance with one of them, like Justin Harper 6' 4" & 214 pounds or Josh Morgan 6' 1" & 220 pounds, from Washington, D.C. (H.D. Woodson.)

Another Hokie Homer with some scouting reports on some Tech players:

Flowers will be gone by our second round pick and we need a DE/WR too badly to pick him in the first round. We could look at picking up Macho Harris next year but that’s another matter.

I have to defend DE Chris Ellis, his arrest was kind of ridiculous. The cops were harassing Josh Morgan downtown and Ellis stepped out of his car and approached the officers and was not as compliant as Blacksburg’s finest wanted him to be and thus he was incarcerated. Obviously we won’t pick up all VT players but Ellis reminds me a little of Chris Wilson, he could bulk up but he’s very quick off the ball.

MLB Hall is a monster, he’s also somewhat undersized but he’s very smart, a hard hitter, has great instincts and has great speed and quickness.

As for the wide receivers, I’m not sure Harper will amount to anything in the NFL, Morgan has good ball skills and I think he could be a decent receiver.

FB Carlton Weatherford is an impressive blocker for his 5’10” 230 pound frame, and may be a decent backup for Sellers who doesn’t have many years left at 33.

DT Kory Robertson (6’2” 342 lb) and DT Carlton Powell (6’2” 293 lb) are big boys and can take up some space in the middle. Powell is a better prospect, he’s quick for his size. Barry Booker (6’4” 290) can play DE and DT and is a good pass rusher.

FS D.J. Parker (6’0” 198 lb)is an intelligent player and quarterbacks the defense and could most likely make the switch to SS. I’m not entirely sold on Doughty and we don’t really have much depth at safety.

OT Duane Drown (6’5” 308 lb) could provide some youth and depth along the Offensive Line, he’s a converted tight end and is very athletic for a lineman.

Hail

Archived