Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Diamonds in the Rough Thread (put your college "gem" here) Merged M.E.T.

EliMustDie28

Another area where we need to at least bring in competition is in our Kicking units, both Kicker and Punter should be addressed in UDFA I would prefer. I don't think we should use a draft pick here UNLESS someone stellar falls to the late rounds.

So here's what I think for UDFA Kicker & Punter competition and possible PS just in case they impress just not quite enough to usurp Frost and Suisham...

Kicker = Rob Zarrilli career long = 52 (had a bad year in 2007 though), Connor Barth career long = 54 XP = 103/109

Punter = Owen Tolson 2007 avg = 45 career long = 68, Benjamin Dato avg = 44.6 career long = 66

All others seem to have 42 avg or less, we need someone to perform better than Frost. not worse on history of avg punt.

I'm all for Albert with the 21st pick. I think he'd be the wisest choice. Skins need youth on the OL. Albert would bring some ability to the LG spot that Kendall just can't and would solidify the left side along with Samuels. Plus he's got the talent to play LT in the NFL and could potentially take over Samuels spot down the road.

Albert is the real deal and a probowl guard in the making. The guy routinely is 30 yards downfield out in front of the RB making blocks its kinda amazing to be that big and athletic.

Not sure why the mods moved my thread to this thread considering Albert is not a diamond in the rough but the #1 guard in this draft, kinda don't make sense, but oh well.

He definitely could be a late round steal, though I'd still love to see Owen Schmitt in the B&G. A local guy and is just a beast. Strong as an Ox, tough as nails (probably tougher...the guy broke 10 freakin facemasks at WVU), quick for his size, with the kind of work ethic most coaches only dream of.

let's see "umm" Dallas Sartz = failure, Jordan Palmer = bonehead move to draft a QB when we had Collins and Brunell who EVERYONE knew we would NOT be subbing in this guy when he threw far too many picks in college. Bad pick.

You have to at least draft people (NO MATTER HOW MANY PICKS YOU HAVE) that might possibly make the team, or at the very minimum push your players to perform better. and you should also get # of picks correct before bashing someone's post/replies, we had 5 picks in 2007 1st = Landry, 5th = Sartz or bust, 6th = Blades (Great pick), 6th = Jordan Palmer (no reason to pick him if you recall we did have Campbell Collins Brunell and Bramlet, 7th = Tyler Ecker who has a possible chance at sticking with team.

I did also state before this that 2006 was a far more successful draft when we had more picks, and BETTER quality of those picks. Also I do expect them to sign as many as they pick, whether that's 1 pick or all 7, we should strive to make most of those picks quality enough and the "correct positions" to have a chance at making the roster.

But all in all, I should correct my evaluation of our 2007 draft we did have a 60% retention rate... that's a D- in grading. so I guess you are right by saying it was a "GREAT" 2007 draft. :laugh: :notworthy

are you sensitive for a reason? where did i come in here and "bash" your posts? I was just talking to you and i was saying we had no picks cus we traded all our picks away like idiots but we still had a pretty good draft even though we had minimul picks,, What isnt right about that? im sorry buddy but every team is not going to hit on EVERY SINGLE draft pick.. i never expected palmer or sartz to make the team anyway, i mean that's what happens when you have no picks. and oh yeah you are freakin HALARIOUS!

and if you compare our drafts with the pats and cowboys we havent done as bad as you or alot of people think..

We had 4 total picks last year and got lucky andgot a 6th for archuleta so that's 5 total.. can anyone else tell me any other teams that only habe 5 picks and ends up 2 of them contribute during the season? and one of them being your 1st and then another being a high draft pick??? exactly.. give me a break

i was stating to you, there WAS a REASON our draft sucked last year... it's because we had no picks... but for some odd reason you have taken what i said way west and you're gone. so im done talking to you about this..

I know anyone else with the right sense would agree with me.

You can't build a team with 5 total draft picks and only 1 of those being on the first day. BUt we didn't do too bad with the picks we did have.

will not go int 3rd....

no way dude hes a 4th maybe, most likely 5th.

Wait till he gets to the combine. Most scouts are already picking him to be the 3rd QB taken ahead of Booty, who according to them is the 4th QB that will be taken and he won't last past the middle of the 4th round.

Good call he could take Rock's spot on returns. I hope we grab Jonny Dingle DE WVU.

Yeah I like Reynaud and Dingle. I live in WV so I love WVU Football. Dingle impressed me bigtime during the Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma's Oline struggled bigtime to stop him, he was being held the whole game. I know we have Mike Sellars, but I would love to see the "BeerTruck" Owen Schmitt in a Skins uniform. Vinny Cerrato was talking about him on Redskins Radio. Don't get me wrong I love Sellars, but he's in his 30s Schmitt could be his eventual replacement and he can play some TE. I think he'll be a once in a decade player at the Fullback position he's quick for being 6'2 250lbs and is a blocking machine. I think his draft stock will soar after his combine workout. He's projected as a 4th rounder right now. I bet he'll go in the 3rd maybe even 2nd.

My vote is for Adrian Arrington.

I think he's getting better with time and if Henne could have stayed healthy this guy would be a late-first/early second for sure.

As of right now he'll probably go in the 3rd or 4th round. Check out his YouTube highlights against Florida in my sig.

Henne is a 2nd at the latest. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up going in the 1st, but at the moment he's a second rounder at worst.

Right now this is how I have the QB's

1. Matt Ryan, Boston College 1st round

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville 1st round/2nd round

3. Andre Woodson, Kentucky 2nd/3rd round

4. Chad Henne, Michigan 3rd/4th round

5. John David Booty, USC 3rd/4th round

6. Joe Flacco, Delaware 4th/5th round

I think Kentwaan Balmer is a one year wonder. The guy had no production the previous two years and now he's a first rounder? I don't buy it. I am an NC state fan though, so maybe that is why. Guys I do like in the later rounds are:

Dajuan Morgan, NC State- Mayock has him rated as the #1 safety but most believe he'll go in the 3rd. This guy could really solidify our safety position. He was a tackling machine this past year and was the real playmaker on the nc state defense.

Demario Pressley, NC State- A bit of an underachiever but this guy was the number 1 prospect coming out of high school. Not just number 1 at his position, number 1 overall. He should, at the very least, be excellent to rotate in and out of our d line.

Hilee Taylor, UNC- I'm down on Kentwaan Balmer but I actually like his teammate. Hilee was a pass rushing fiend for UNC but he is projected to be a 5th rounder at best and some say undrafted. He's a bit of a tweener but he could be a guy we rotate in on 3rd and longs.

Lance Leggett, Miami- Another great high school prospect who didn't live up to expectations. This miami player is 6'3 and a speedster, however he is a bit small at only 190 pounds. He was injured for most of his senior year. If we got this guy as an undrafted free agent he could be a decent player for us. Atleast some of his unproductivity has to be credited to the horrible quaterbacks miami has had recently.

Chris Johnson, ECU- This guy has incredible speed. He, however, is no longer a hidden gem and most expect him to be gone in the 2nd or 3rd. That is way too high for us to spend a pick on a rb/kr. Let's just say if this guy went to USC all the sports broadcasters would be up in arms when he only went 2nd overall in the draft.

Jack Ikegwuono, Wisc- This guy just recently suffered the same injury that carlos rogers has so he won't be able to play next year. He was headed for the 1st or 2nd round before that injury and I figure he'll take a plummet similar or perhaps more drastically than michael bush did last year. If we could get him in the 5th it would be the steal of the draft. We would need another option to use as a stopgap until carlos is healthy but this guy and carlos should make a good corner tandem for years.

Michigan QB - Henne. Late round steal.

As in...late first round? He'll be the third or fourth QB off the board, he'll probably be taken anywhere from late first to mid-second.

My sleeper is Cory Boyd, RB South Carolina. You can let Rock go and take this guy in the 6th or 7th round. Always runs hard, never really gets knocked back. Always falls forward. Great at catching out of the backfield and blocks decently, but is getting better. Can return kicks, runs about 4.48 40 time.

Chauncey Washington - RB http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=145173

Late 5th round to -UDFA depending on his combine/individual workouts.

A big back (6ft, 220lbs) but not much of a side to side runner, hits the hole hard and can find the seams but isnt very fast (4.55-4.6/40). If he can stay healthy, he'll be a good power back/change of pace back in the league.

Marcus Smith - WR http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148214

5th to 6th round

Big and strong kid (6'2" 210) converted RB, had a really good year as the Lobos possession receiver (91 catches 1125 yards). A bit raw and hasn't seen top shelf competition in the WAC, but can be a stand out player.

Ropati Pitoitua - DT http://washingtonstate.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=7988

5th to 7th round pick.

This guy is massive (6'7" 300lbs) that has been used both as a DE and as a 1 gap DT more effectively.

and if you compare our drafts with the pats and cowboys we havent done as bad as you or alot of people think..

We had 4 total picks last year and got lucky andgot a 6th for archuleta so that's 5 total.. can anyone else tell me any other teams that only habe 5 picks and ends up 2 of them contribute during the season? and one of them being your 1st and then another being a high draft pick??? exactly.. give me a break

i was stating to you, there WAS a REASON our draft sucked last year... it's because we had no picks... but for some odd reason you have taken what i said way west and you're gone. so im done talking to you about this..

I know anyone else with the right sense would agree with me.

You can't build a team with 5 total draft picks and only 1 of those being on the first day. BUt we didn't do too bad with the picks we did have.

I'm guessing after reading your quote/reply I took your initial reply out of context - if the case - my fault :cheers: and my apologies, we're all wanting the same things here, i believe. and maybe I misread your initial reply

Still as you seem to agree we had much more success the year before and we should'nt have picked up Palmer. This year I can see us taking a QB late, but last year there just was NO reason for it, 4 QB's and no intention of dumping any of them for Palmer. made no sense to most.

Archived