Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Diamonds in the Rough Thread (put your college "gem" here) Merged M.E.T.

EliMustDie28

Safety Johnathan Hefny from UT. He was rated a pre-season All-American before sucking it up for the Vols last season. Yet, considering his talent and how he's started a long while at UT, he's worth a shot. I believe he could fall to the 5th round, but if not, he is probably a 3rd rounder anyways.

Havn't and probably wont get that in-depth with the draft this year so I don't know but I do know that it dosn't matter if he has blazing speed. Everybody in the NFL has blazing speed and if they don't their be replaced sooner rather than later.

Not everyone has 4.1-4.2 speed. I have not seen how he plays in pads thats why i was wondering if anyone has.

Since most 5th rounders and later never play (extreme kudos to Montgomery, Golston and Blades for beating the odds) many teams use them to temprarily stock up on players from the area. So the Skins should be looking for hidden talent in their own back yard, like Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. Even if they never play a down, it's a good way to give back to the community.

Since I'm not from the DC area, I don't know any on these teams to promote. But the Skins could and should be looking there.

If anyone has a link to their youtube video that would be nice...

I can't find anything on trevor laws from youtube but I'll keep looking.

I couldn't find anything on Trevor Laws on youtube either... It was kind of a forgetful year at ND to say the least and this was without a doubt his breakout year.

Here's his ND official player profile: http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/laws_trevor00.html

If you look hard enough, you can definitely find some more trustworthy information.

He's listed @ 6'2 on the more reliable sites I could find, 295-305lbs and some sites have him listed as a nose tackle, others @ DE. He played DE most of the time at ND but is quite versatile and could likely play both interior and at end.

Could be an unbelievable steal in RD 3, 4 or maybe even 5. I've seen the kid play a few times in person and watched him closely this past year and the year before. Relentless pass rusher and great run stopper as well. Very, very talented kid. Diamond in the rough, without a doubt. :cheers:

By no means do I say we forego BPA in certain unpassable situations, but presuming 5th-7th round possibilities OR even UDFA, then here's my list of ones we SHOULD look at... Click here to look up their respective #'s = www.nfldraftcountdown.com

WR's = Marcus Monk 6'6" 220, Mario Urrutia 6'6" 220, Todd Blythe 6'5" 209, Marcus Henry 6'4" 210, Maurice Purify 6'4" 220, Evan Moore 6'7" 236, Travis Brown 6'3" 202, Bruce Hocker 6'4" 205, Tony Burks 6'4" 217, Ernie Wheelwright 6'5 215, Edward Williams 6'4" 215 all would fill the void for certain HEIGHT that we desperately need, giving us the go to WR we need on 3rd downs and red-zone areas.

That does it for my post on WR possibilities. All of these have decent #'s and most have good TD #'s. We should be scouting these ALL in case any make it to UDFA, I am sure some will.

hmmm it was James Hardy but now its Kentwan Balmer because im a homer but since we dont need a DT i want Adrian Arrington in the 3rd and Connor Barth in the 6th :)

you can pull my recent madden draft. :D

1:32 cb dominique rodgers-cromartie, tennessee st.

2:4 de phillip merling, clemson (traded up with 2:32 and 3:4)

3:32 og robert felton, arkansas

4:32 c john sullivan, notre dame

5:4 qb dennis dixon, oregon

5:32 wr adrian arrington, michigan

6:31 og chris mcduffie, clemson

6:32 fb owen schmitt, wvu

7:32 dont remember and never signed him. og i think.

i know id be pretty happy if this were the real draft of ours. hit all the areas that everyone on here wanted to target.

*now if we do draft any of these guys...i take all the credit for predicting it.

Every year after rewatching college games i've taped i always fall in love with a player. This year its Brandon Albert the LG from UVA. This kid is a absolute beast a dominant starter from day 1. The kid is 6-7 and 320lbs and could play TE. He is the best pulling guard i've ever seen at the college level. In my opinion he is hands down the best OL in this draft. He has played LT has well has a true freshman and for 3 games this year playing outstanding. If UVA left him at LT he would be a top 5 pick. He would be give Samuels a serious run for money has the best o-lineman on this team has a rookie.

No matter what anyone says this team has capable o-lineman but lets look and our o-line and be real.

LT-Samuels/ probowler 30 years old

LG-Kendall/ slightly above average will be 35

C-Rabach/ slightly above average i believe 33

RG-Thomas/ great pulling guard but struggles in short yardage 31 atleast

RT-Jansen/ 2 season ending injurys and not the player he once was 32

All 5 starters are 30 or over

Heyer is a keeper and could take the RT spot

Fabini is 35 and a Free Agent

Wade is well into his 30's

We just don't have much for o-lineman especially young guys. Having a guy like Kendall coming off the bench would be a great insurance policy if we expercience something like this year.

We struggled the last few years picking up short yardage because we lacked the stud dominant o-lineman.

In my opinion if this team wants to field a winner next year they better upgrade this o-line. Portis needs room to roam and JC needs time to throw period. It would be nice to actually see our RB not getting hit behind the line of scrimmage.

This is our biggest offseason need a dominant LG its way more important then any big Wr everyone seems to be in love with. After that dominant o-lineman they need beef on that d-line.

I saw Mike Mayock is finally watching film he has moved Albert into his top 20 and i expect the rest of these guys to do the same after watching film.

He is a better guard prospect then Steve Hutchinson was he is just flying under the radar.

offseason needs in my order

LG-Albert

Passrushing DT

Passrushing DE

Big Wr

CB

Safety

Since most 5th rounders and later never play (extreme kudos to Montgomery, Golston and Blades for beating the odds) many teams use them to temprarily stock up on players from the area. So the Skins should be looking for hidden talent in their own back yard, like Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. Even if they never play a down, it's a good way to give back to the community.

Since I'm not from the DC area, I don't know any on these teams to promote. But the Skins could and should be looking there.

this aint unicef, its the NFL.. All draft picks are cpiked wit hthe intention to play, sooner or later... People even know un-drafted FA turn out to become great players as well... don't sleep on someone because they didnt wow the scouts in the college leagues, as long as a player shows flashes of greatness he can be molded to become a great player as long as that player really wants it.

with the draft only being 7 round nowadays no one just wastes picks to stock up on players they have no intention of playing, im sorry.

Late round/UDFA DL possibilies we should look at:

DE's = Kendall Langford 6-6 294, Wallace Gilberry 6-4 264, Marcus Dixon 6-4 295, Johnny Dingle 6-3 270, Brian Johnston 6-5 280, Rudolph Hardie 6-2 280 all have good/decent #'s and any would be a certain replacement for Boschetti. I think we SHOULD try to get a GREAT DE in FA or certainly 1st or 2nd round.

DT's = Dre Moore 6-4 311, DeMario Pressley 6-3 295, Ahtyba Rubin 6-3 326, Frank Okam 6-5 320, Nick Hayden 6-5 301, Jason Shirley 6-5 330, Chris Norwell 6-6 303 all have good #'s and some have some GREAT size & potential. This should definitely be a round that we only approach on the 2nd day, and UDFA, we do not need to spend a 1st day pick on DT IMO.

Here's to another successful draft. This last draft was very bad. We need to perform better in this area, like 2006 Golston and Montgomer as OP stated, great draft. This past one we did get Landry (due to crappy record) and Blades, but NOTHING else panned out.

Late round/UDFA DL possibilies we should look at:

DE's = Kendall Langford 6-6 294, Wallace Gilberry 6-4 264, Marcus Dixon 6-4 295, Johnny Dingle 6-3 270, Brian Johnston 6-5 280, Rudolph Hardie 6-2 280 all have good/decent #'s and any would be a certain replacement for Boschetti. I think we SHOULD try to get a GREAT DE in FA or certainly 1st or 2nd round.

DT's = Dre Moore 6-4 311, DeMario Pressley 6-3 295, Ahtyba Rubin 6-3 326, Frank Okam 6-5 320, Nick Hayden 6-5 301, Jason Shirley 6-5 330, Chris Norwell 6-6 303 all have good #'s and some have some GREAT size & potential. This should definitely be a round that we only approach on the 2nd day, and UDFA, we do not need to spend a 1st day pick on DT IMO.

Here's to another successful draft. This last draft was very bad. We need to perform better in this area, like 2006 Golston and Montgomer as OP stated, great draft. This past one we did get Landry (due to crappy record) and Blades, but NOTHING else panned out.

umm, that's cus we didnt even barely have 4 picks dude... how many players do you expect to sign with no damn picks?

for the amount of picks we had we actually did GREAT in this past draft.. imagine if we had all our picks what we could have done.

Late round/UDFA possibilities for LB, I think we are set @ MLB with Fletcher and Blades, so I will only post here about OLB Strongside and Weakside candidates...we should look into these:

First, let me say - I think if we can snag Beau Bell in round 3, and possible even if we do sign Briggs or Suggs, then we should make an effort to get this guy @ 6-3 245, Strengths: Excellent size and bulk...Terrific range and can go sideline-to-sideline...Very good timed speed...Real aggressive and has a good motor...Strong and tough...Violent and reliable tackler...A decent pass rusher and blitzer...Does a nice job versus the run...Active and a terror in pursuit...Extremely productive and makes a lot of plays...

Now onto late round/UDFA possibilities -->

OLB's = Bruce Davis 6-3 229 (will need to add weight), Gary Guyton 6-3 242, Bryan Kehl 6-3 231, Stanford Keglar 6-2 247, Curtis Gatewood 6-3 245, Mike Humpal 6-3 242, Malik Jackson 6-2 230, Robert Killebrew 6-2 230, Bo Ruud 6-3 235 that about rounds it up.

umm, that's cus we didnt even barely have 4 picks dude... how many players do you expect to sign with no damn picks?

for the amount of picks we had we actually did GREAT in this past draft.. imagine if we had all our picks what we could have done.

let's see "umm" Dallas Sartz = failure, Jordan Palmer = bonehead move to draft a QB when we had Collins and Brunell who EVERYONE knew we would NOT be subbing in this guy when he threw far too many picks in college. Bad pick.

You have to at least draft people (NO MATTER HOW MANY PICKS YOU HAVE) that might possibly make the team, or at the very minimum push your players to perform better. and you should also get # of picks correct before bashing someone's post/replies, we had 5 picks in 2007 1st = Landry, 5th = Sartz or bust, 6th = Blades (Great pick), 6th = Jordan Palmer (no reason to pick him if you recall we did have Campbell Collins Brunell and Bramlet, 7th = Tyler Ecker who has a possible chance at sticking with team.

I did also state before this that 2006 was a far more successful draft when we had more picks, and BETTER quality of those picks. Also I do expect them to sign as many as they pick, whether that's 1 pick or all 7, we should strive to make most of those picks quality enough and the "correct positions" to have a chance at making the roster.

But all in all, I should correct my evaluation of our 2007 draft we did have a 60% retention rate... that's a D- in grading. so I guess you are right by saying it was a "GREAT" 2007 draft. :laugh: :notworthy

I'm all for Albert with the 21st pick. I think he'd be the wisest choice. Skins need youth on the OL. Albert would bring some ability to the LG spot that Kendall just can't and would solidify the left side along with Samuels. Plus he's got the talent to play LT in the NFL and could potentially take over Samuels spot down the road.

Another position (I've shown possibilities at WR, DL, and OLB all positions we need to look at this off season, whether by FA or Draft, and let's face it we have more needs than draft picks (6)) but I digress, another position we SHOULD address is Safety. We learned this past year that Landry can play both S positions VERY Well. With that said Fox is a STer mainly, Stoutmire is old, Prioleau is a liability at best, and Doughty is serviceable but night quite a star, so this is a position of NEED.

Safetys = Tyrell Johnson 6-1 197, Jamar Adams 6-2 210, Josh Barrett 6-3 231, Chris Horton 6-1 209, Eric Wicks 6-1 205, Caleb Campbell 6-2 224, Dennis Keyes 6-2 203, Joe Fields 6-1 210 all of these have decent #'s as well, and good size. We need to bring in someone that can compete with Doughty. Doughty is a feel-good story and may end up being good, just not sure if he will be 'great'. But he's a better option starting than Fox/Prioleau/Stoutmire, none of them can overtake his roster spot.

Archived