Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UNFOUNDED SPECULATION From ESPN.com - Randle El on the trading block?

tone_dubbz

No way Randle El goes ANYWHERE ....

He is a true leader on this team , all the players know it ....

2 years ago he was the one trying to call meetings and bring players together .... his FIRST year here ...

Randle El has been our ONLY consistent WR when the balls comes his way ....

If anything Moss would be on the block not Randle ....He isnt goin anywhere !

What?? :laugh: You'd trade Randel EL before Moss. To be honest neither one to me has lived up to the billing. Moss has obviously produced more than Randel El. I told friends that Randel El was nothing more than a slot WR at Pitt. There's nothing wrong with that. Moving the chains is important. I just don't think he's a #2 WR. He's never put up avg #'s let alone outstanding #'s. Hell I'm beginning to think Santana should be a #2 and should the Skins get a Chad Johnson type he'd be #1. :2cents:

He dances around too much for my taste. People criticize Rock , but all he does is give the offense decent field position on a regular basis. Not everyone can be a freak like Devin Hester.

A kickoff is very different from a punt. If you have watched our games you probably have noticed how there are 5 would be tacklers on every punt, before you see the first blocker. Our punt blocking is the worst in the NFl. Watch other teams like the Bears, Browns etc, who have good return guys. Their blocking is impeccable.

??? 31 wins over the last 4 years IS a disaster. Cooley and CP are our only 2 skill players on O that have earned their big paychecks, and we only just started paying Cooley.

Have they ever been unable to sign a player because of a cap issue? No. Therefore, no disaster. Now then, the players they have brought in hasn't necessarily translated to wins, that is true. Poor decisions by the FO on who to bring in is a different type of disaster. I am simply referring to the "disaster" of NOT being able to bring in whomever the 'Skins want due to the issue of being in "cap hell". Which, so far, has not happend.

Randel El is a great slot reciever and someone you definitly need in the west coast offense. The WCO is made up of mostly quick slants with 3 wide reciever sets that stretch out the defense. The speed and quickness of Randel El on both special teams and the offense will be vital to the team this year. We have the perfect guy in place for what Zorn is trying to do

Have they ever been unable to sign a player because of a cap issue? No. Therefore, no disaster. Now then, the players they have brought in hasn't necessarily translated to wins, that is true. Poor decisions by the FO on who to bring in is a different type of disaster. I am simply referring to the "disaster" of NOT being able to bring in whomever the 'Skins want due to the issue of being in "cap hell". Which, so far, has not happend.
Have I ever not bought that McLaren Mercedes because I could never afford it? No, because I am not quite retarded enough to shop for one.

Wide receiver

Antwaan Randle El, Washington Redskins

Reasoning: Randle El had a career-high 51 receptions last season, but the Redskins need a big receiver as they switch to the West Coast offense, and Santana Moss isn't going anywhere. There already has been talk of them trading for Johnson, and Randle El is taking up a good chunk of the salary cap.

click link for article

Whats up with this article. I doubt he's going anywhere.

:bsflag:

It's a good thing Randle El has returned more than one kick / punt for a TD...

Oh...wait...no he hasn't.

Love Randle El...love his work ethic...would love to keep him...but he needs to start proving his valor.

He returned a punt for a TD against the Colts in 06...and plenty more returns were big chunks of yardage

I would imagine other teams make a note to respect ARE's agility...he has every asset Hester does except for Vision...kinda hard when he gets NO blocking and Hester gets a red carpet to the end zone

Put ARE on the patriots and watch what happens! He is every bit as dangerous as Welker with the ball in his hands!

Not to mention he is a locker room leader and hard working veteran

Randel El is a REDSKIN!

Wide receiver

Antwaan Randle El, Washington Redskins

Reasoning: Randle El had a career-high 51 receptions last season, but the Redskins need a big receiver as they switch to the West Coast offense, and Santana Moss isn't going anywhere. There already has been talk of them trading for Johnson, and Randle El is taking up a good chunk of the salary cap.

click link for article

Whats up with this article. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Come on, man. Stop playing. :mad:

It wouldn't surprise me. ARE wasn't the most solid pickup of that FA period. We picked him up when all we needed was a possession receiver and we never used him correctly (read: slot receiver).

If we could swap him for a high draft choice or a big receiver with some credentials, I'm all for it.

Id rather have to trade Moss then ARE. Moss does a better "Rod Gardner" impersonation with all the passes he has dropped recently.
We couldn't get any value for Moss. We are better off keeping him and hoping for a career rebound unless the cap space he opened could be used to upgrade his spot in full. I think he would work much better as a #2, and haven't a clue who we will end up with as #1. ARE does show talent, but not as a PR. We would be better off with him back in the slot. I'm preaching to the choir here.

Some of you guys are just too damn funny. Yeah, ARE is a "true Redskin" and Zorn already said he likes him, blah, blah, blah. Have you all not learned anything yet??

There is no such thing as a "true" or "core" Redskin. Everyone is expendable in the correct situation.

And the fact that Zorn did praise ARE lends the speculation more credibility. Whenever any team wants to trade someone they start pumping up his value. Take a look at Marvin Lewis saying CJ is not on the trading block - do you think he's really going to say "yes, we're looking to trade CJ"?

If we could package a deal that included ARE and not our first rounder this year for CJ, the Redskins would be stupid not to do it.

Hail,

H

Archived