Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UNFOUNDED SPECULATION From ESPN.com - Randle El on the trading block?

tone_dubbz

Wide receiver

Antwaan Randle El, Washington Redskins

Reasoning: Randle El had a career-high 51 receptions last season, but the Redskins need a big receiver as they switch to the West Coast offense, and Santana Moss isn't going anywhere. There already has been talk of them trading for Johnson, and Randle El is taking up a good chunk of the salary cap.

click link for article

Whats up with this article. I doubt he's going anywhere.

I think he restructured within the last week, which would mean that his cost to trade or cut would have gone up because we guaranteed salary or bonus. You don't do this to players you are going to trade....

link: http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Salaries%20Pages%20Summary.html

I know this isn't official, but these pages seem to be pretty up to date and accurate.

It's a good thing Randle El has returned more than one kick / punt for a TD...

Oh...wait...no he hasn't.

Love Randle El...love his work ethic...would love to keep him...but he needs to start proving his valor.

He dances around too much for my taste. People criticize Rock , but all he does is give the offense decent field position on a regular basis. Not everyone can be a freak like Devin Hester.

It's a good thing Randle El has returned more than one kick / punt for a TD...

Oh...wait...no he hasn't.

Love Randle El...love his work ethic...would love to keep him...but he needs to start proving his valor.

i feel the same way... i love the guy but he really hasn't done much on special teams and he hasn't exactly been a breakout receiver...

I hope like hell he doesn't go anywhere ... that's what makes bringing in a bigger possession type of WR so appealing, the fact that you have a player like ARE in the slot.

The FO better not do this. Ask them for money back, do whatever it takes to leave the entire offense in place.

This is another example of people overreacting over the supposed "cap hell" the Redskins are in. It seems to be a problem every year, but every year the season starts without a disaster. ARE is not going anywhere. The Skins will cut loose Lloyd, Caldwell, and others if they want to bring in a big receiver. Moss and ARE aren't going anywhere.

Besides, didn't Zorn specifically mention ARE in his press conference when talking about receivers roles in the WCO? Look for ARE to be a deadly slot receiver next year.

No way Randle El goes ANYWHERE ....

He is a true leader on this team , all the players know it ....

2 years ago he was the one trying to call meetings and bring players together .... his FIRST year here ...

Randle El has been our ONLY consistent WR when the balls comes his way ....

If anything Moss would be on the block not Randle ....He isnt goin anywhere !

this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The only player that will leave is lloyd. I think that the skins will send two third round picks, lloyd and have chad return money to the Bengals (like arrington) and then sign him to a big contract here. But, the thought that the skins best Wide-out last year will leave is just plain dumb.

he needs to start proving his valor.

He needs to start showing heroism on the football field?

Honestly, ARE will be a great fit for the WCO and he isn't going anywhere anyway.

He had only 10 fewer catches than Santana last year and had a better YPC average, so I don't see how he hasn't shown any value. He would be a tremendous slot receiver.

Archived