Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

larry fitzgerald

jaydean

PLEASE DON'T BASH ME FOR SENDING A MESSAGE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TALKED ABOUT ALREADY....i've been away from the sight, so please forgive me.

has anybody been talking about larry fitzgerald? wouldn't he be a nice tall wide reciever with great hands? i think he's a free agent this year...

thoughts?

Fitz has 2 years left on his contract, and is making buckoo bucks for Az something on the order of 14 mil this season. There was a rumor (and that's all I think it is), that Az wanted to trade him to avoid the high price of him. If they could trade him they could then draft a new WR since Boldin has performed better for the price. The problem is what would AZ want in such a Trade, and I have no Idea, but it likely would be a 1st and a 3rd :/

sorry pal, chad johnson is nothing like terrell owens.... what is it with older people thinking them 2 are similar:whoknows:

It might have been a little harsh, but the potential for him to become Owens II is very likely. Do you actually think he's going to put up the same numbers here? Campbell is no Carson Palmer.

What is it with younger people being so enamored with mouthy athletes?

Fitz is a football fan's wet dream. He's still under contract with the Cards, though he's owed $16.5 million in 2008. They desperately need him to restructure, or else they've got 15% of their cap room tied up in one player. They're working on the restructure, but that 16.5 mill presumably gives him some leverage if he wants to be dealt.

A team would have to mortgage its future to sign him.

I kind of see one of two things happening if Chad Johnson makes it to Landover ... he could keep being annoying and go the path of TO (who - while annoying - puts up some good numbers) or go the path of Randy Moss (who used to be annoying and a detriment to his team, but put him in a the right place and look what happens).

Here's a question for you guys. Would you take Fitz at 25 or Chad at 30 if the compensation given to the other team was the same?

Larry Fitzgerald is a better WR than Chad Johnson. He might not be as fast as Chad but he's got bigger hands, higher vert jump, and he's only 24 years old!

That being said, I would take Fitz over any WR currently playing in the NFL~

Two things have happened since the rumblings first started that Fitz was unhappy with the Cards. Recall he was disatisfied because of the Cardinals' run-first approach, and said he wouldn't mind going to a more pass oriented team.

First, though the Skins wouldn't have been on his radar screen as a potential destination because of our conservative offensive philosophy, with the Zorn hiring and the promise of a WCO, that has all changed.

Second, though, the Cards shifted their approach later in the season and became much more pass-oriented. So he might be less inclined to try to get out of there.

With all the trips that Redskins One has taken to Phoenix over the past month, it wouldn't surprise me if one of the trips had something to do with trade takes for Fitzgerald.

Wow, that's a really interesting thought. They clearly weren't going there to get a coach.

Here's a question for you guys. Would you take Fitz at 25 or Chad at 30 if the compensation given to the other team was the same?

That's easy. Fitzgerald is a better receiver than CJ is and is 5 years younger. I always said thats Fitzgerald is the exact type of guy we need on our team, with the size, hands, and leaping ability to be the perfect complement to Santana Moss.

That being said, the compensation would not be the same.

I'de take Fitz over CJ in a heartbeat, but i'de take Berrien and some young talent (two picks) and more cap room over either.

That's the question. We can sign a good WR, save money and keep one or two picks to help us down the line and this seems like a way better option.

Archived