Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

larry fitzgerald

jaydean

I would take Fitz over CJ any day.

That being said, I would prefer to try and grab someone in the draft at some point. I know everyone is saying D-Line but if they choose to go WR then what about someone like Malcolm Kelly from Oklahoma? I am not a college guy so please point out why this would or would not be a good choice.

It might have been a little harsh, but the potential for him to become Owens II is very likely. Do you actually think he's going to put up the same numbers here? Campbell is no Carson Palmer.

What is it with younger people being so enamored with mouthy athletes?

I don't think he is even of the same mindset of Owens. The only similarities I see between the 2 is they both have catchy nicknames, they catch a lot of passes, they can stretch the field and they add to their own dynamic offenses. Off-the-field you have never seen CJ causing problems in his locker-room. All his antics come from a guy looking to have some fun. I'd love to see him in D.C. sure campbell is no Palmer, but Palmer is no Campbell either.

younger people are enamored with mouthy athletes for the same reason older people are not. In your day you just let your play talk for you. Today a lot of kids play sports and trash talk has become a big part of it. These kids didn't just start doing it, the behavior is learned from their parents who may be running their mouths at a softball game or from going to games with their parents with them jeering the other team.

I don't think he is even of the same mindset of Owens. The only similarities I see between the 2 is they both have catchy nicknames, they catch a lot of passes, they can stretch the field and they add to their own dynamic offenses. Off-the-field you have never seen CJ causing problems in his locker-room. All his antics come from a guy looking to have some fun. I'd love to see him in D.C. sure campbell is no Palmer, but Palmer is no Campbell either.

younger people are enamored with mouthy athletes for the same reason older people are not. In your day you just let your play talk for you. Today a lot of kids play sports and trash talk has become a big part of it. These kids didn't just start doing it, the behavior is learned from their parents who may be running their mouths at a softball game or from going to games with their parents with them jeering the other team.

why have people forgotten about Chad Johnson blowing up and swinging at his position coach during halftime of a PLAYOFF GAME?

chad johnson is TO with less game.

Here's a question for you guys. Would you take Fitz at 25 or Chad at 30 if the compensation given to the other team was the same?

You old heads don't know anything about the modern game and player. Plus you over 40 guys shouldn't even be allowed to wear jerseys. Do you realize how funny you look? Unless its a # 9 Sonny.

:laugh: That's quite a bit of similarities you listed there.

Take it easy. I was just being sarcastic and responding to his remark about "older people." In the end, if Chad would end up here I wouldn't complain, but Fitz has more upside starting with the fact that he's only 24 yrs old."

What's the Cardinals Salary Cap situation?

Fitz is due something along the lines of 32 million over the next 2 years. He needs a major restructure, but he shouldn't do it unless he gets that cash A)guaranteed, or B)- up front.

Making it tough for the skins to pull that off because of the cap situation currently, IMO......

Philly hates paying WRs, regardless how glaring of a need it is. (thank goodness)

For sure. If they got a top WR to go along with McNabb and Westbrook, they would be a very, very tough team IMO. I have a feeling that they may actually surprise a few this year with a big FA acquisition. I hope I'm wrong.

I think this. If we trade for Fitz, we have to give up a 1st and 3rd and re-sign him to a $66+ million dollar deal. For Chad, it maybe a 2nd and some players on the roster, and extend him to a $20-30 million dollar deal. I think we lose a lot more if we try for Fitz vs Chad. In this case, it comes down to who will cost more.

sorry pal, chad johnson is nothing like terrell owens.... what is it with older people thinking them 2 are similar:whoknows:

Its just easy to pretend that their alike. They seem to think that if they say this enough times, it'll come true.

Chad Johnson's Character>Serial Killer>Child Molestor> TO

I prefer Fitz over Chad Owens (Not a typo)

OK OK. Do people REALLY think that Chad Johnson is a team cancer, or do they just not like to hear him talk? Because he is the farthest thing from a team cancer that the Bengals have. First of all, look at his team. He is an anomaly in that he wasn't arrested in the last two years. I frankly don't blame him for wanting to be traded. Also, he stopped doing celebrations after TDs because of the possibility that it distracted his team. And as to the idea that he wants to come here to get paid? Everyone we've signed since Dan got here came for the money, regardless of what people here trick themselves into believing.

Now about Larry Fitz. We can't afford him, plain and simple. He is going to ask for a LOT of money, more than Chad probably

For sure. If they got a top WR to go along with McNabb and Westbrook, they would be a very, very tough team IMO. I have a feeling that they may actually surprise a few this year with a big FA acquisition. I hope I'm wrong.

They "went big" last year with the Curtis signing, even if they did let Stallworth go. They just aren't about making the TO mistake again, I think.

Here is the problem with signing(trading for) Fitz (or even CJ/RW).

Is everybody okay with Fitz being better than all the talent we have to dump to get him?

Reggie Smith (S) or Talib (CB) or Sweed (WR) 1rst round pick.

and

Griffin (S) or Robinson (G) or Robertson (DE) 3rd round pick

and

Cap space= The need to cut someone (or two) to fit under the cap. Washington or Griffin

or Trade

Losing examples= Betts or Moss or both?

Is the signing of any of these recievers worth all of that?

Are some of you who are in favor of this move also the same guys who wanted to not have LL and this years first round pick, last year to move up and get CJ (only to see him out preformed by a Bowe?)

]']Its just easy to pretend that their alike. They seem to think that if they say this enough times' date=' it'll come true.

Chad Johnson's Character>Serial Killer>Child Molestor> TO[/quote']Chad's turned on his team and thrown his coach under the bus. CP may seem to clown around similarly, but he is a team first guy. Never talks bad about anybody but dogs. When he is asked to block, he doesn't complain, just gives 110%.

Fitz is a far superior choice than CJ for several reasons, including age. Doubt we could afford him even if he is available though.

Archived