Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Redskins Hire Stump Mitchell (MERGED)

bigswanny

Hopefully he can teach CP the ropes of the WCO!!!!
CP knows the west coast system. He was drafted by denver , and they ran the west coast O. Mike Shanahan was there Head Coach. He learned( Mike shanahan) The West Coast offense From Bill Walsh,when Mike was an Assistant Coach for the 49ers.

Bill Walsh is the "God Father" of the West Coast Offense.

The fans really liked this guy?
They were used to hearing Shaun and Mack give him cred. Then when the b/u stepped in foir Shaun and did well, he got more cred. His names cool. :laugh: All the staff gets a lof of play around here, like in DC.

I like this hire. As much as we all like Byner, Seattle has had more success in the RB department.

In 2005 yes. Since then I haven't seen it. IN fact half way through the 2007 season, Holmgren said they were going to go to the air a lot more. They turned around a slump in doing so.:2cents:

CP knows the west coast system. He was drafted by denver , and they ran the west coast O. Mike Shanahan was there Head Coach. He learned( Mike shanahan) The West Coast offense From Bill Walsh,when Mike was an Assistant Coach for the 49ers.

Bill Walsh is the "God Father" of the West Coast Offense.

Well, Zorn's version then.

Let's just go ahead and promote everyone on our staff to Assistant Head Coach before the other teams wise up and give us a taste of our own medicine.

Of course, it won't do much good if they come after our assistants with titles like "Super Duper Honorary Head Coach-in-Law". We'll be screwed then.

And thats the end of Byner

And there's something wrong with letting Byner go ? I like Byner as much as the next guy, but this is an excelent move on Zorns part. It's a new era for the Skins, and a new style of offense commin in. Having a RB coach that has done exactly what Zorn wants to do is a no brainer if you can get the guy.

They were used to hearing Shaun and Mack give him cred. Then when the b/u stepped in foir Shaun and did well, he got more cred. His names cool. :laugh: All the staff gets a lof of play around here, like in DC.

Wasn't the b/u named Morris? He was becoming the fan favorite. I can see the team going with Marcus Mason instead of Rock due to the pass catching ability. I always thought Betts was a good Kick Returner.

Was bound to happen sooner or later for one reason or another I guess. Wish Ernest well in the future and good luck to Stump with the Redskins. As noted by others, this is someone familiar with Coach Zorn and will probably help ease the transition for the RB's into the offense he will be bringing in.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with the offensive line or the excellent passing game though :)
Your posts have been standing out to me lately and I'm sensing you're of a dedicated contigent who would support a new policy of a penlaty for posting anything positive. :silly: :laugh:

Archived