Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shefter & PFT: NO Contact with Fassel from Skins,(merged)

Rat_Boy

I hate the idea of Fassell. but let's give em the benefit of the doubt and accept that they are looking for the best option (i.e., someone better than Fassell). I could buy into that.....even allow for a season of losing/mediocre football to get things on track.

No, I won't give Dan Snyder the benefit of the doubt anymore. All you need to do is read Sally Jenkins article today. Its spot on. I've been giving Dan Snyder the benefit of the doubt for nearly 10 years and all he's done is demonstrate that he refuses to learn anything from anyone, even Joe Gibbs of all people.

You know who's better than Jim Fassell? Everyone. It isn't that hard to look for the better option when all you need is a warm body. OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T WANT FASSELL OR THEY WOULD HAVE HIRED HIM ALREADY. Why is he still in the running? Thats a real great vote of confidence... "Oh, you were our first choice but then we decided to interview EVERYONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE just to make sure we were right. Its not you, its us."

Now because Snyder has pissed away all the credibility of this organization we're being turned down by first year defensive coordinators for an NFL head coaching position with the most valuable franchise in sports. This is a tragedy.

I've been like you, I've been trying to stay positive and give Dan Snyder the benefit of the doubt but I can't take it anymore, this is insane.

:doh: :anon: :refill:

I think danny boy is really in a bind now. He fired GW, who should have been the next HC, because GW wasn't going to be his yes boy. STUPID. Then he thought he would hire Fassel, but everyone said he would be an idiot for hiring Fassel. So he stepped back and interviewed a few more candidates. Then when none of these candidates made a big enough splash, danny boy fell back to let's go after the hottest coach thing by looking at the coordinators of the SB teams. Spags did a masterful job and so danny boy thought he would easily be able to hire him and save some face. Now he is being laughed at even more (and it is sad to say, but there is a large part of me that is soooo happy about it) because even the coaches that have never been a head coach are turning him down. If this doesn't tell you something about how the Redskins are viewed by others in the league, I do not know what will.

So, I guess we will be choosing from the has beens that nobody else wants.....

I still predict that danny boy will try to save himself with one last sentimental pick for HC - Russ Grimm. And danny boy is lucky with this one, because I do not think Russ could turn down the opportunity to coach his team, even is danny is such an idiot.

Man, head scratcher, all day today.

Maybe it is Tango (Marty S.) like Riggo suggested. Doubtful since the staff is in place but Riggo had a good argument that he was one of the few that could bring stability.

Marty would have to have a $1,000 a day crack cocaine addiction to take this job after the way Snyder treated him when the OBC came up.

I can imagine what would happen.

Snyder hires Marty ---> Redskins go 9-7, lose in the first round --> Snyder plays golf with Bobby Petrino ---> Hires Petrino after he says "I promise I'll beat the Cowboys twice this year, Mr. Snyder" ---> Redskins draft Brian Brohm and sign Chris Redman --> NFL contracts Redskins on the basis of stupidity.

Archived