Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

looks like we might squeeze 3 months of winter in the last 10 days of Feb lol

Ji

The local mets are downplaying the storm Skins24...They are saying temps too warm...Snow to all rain according to Topper last night on channel 9? What are your thoughts on the two events?

The locals are too concerned about their reputations :)

They're always late in calling storms.

Tomorrow will be a regular clipper.

Could see an inch or so from it.

Here it is developing:

inmaSIRNE.gif

Thursday night to Sat. still looks like a complete mess around here....

Anyone got predictions for northern VA for tonight?

They cancelled lacrosse and yeah... it's not snowing.

1-3 inches for the clipper today and Thursday Night-Friday system will probably be 2-3 (localized 4 inches) of snow before a change to sleet/freezing rain. Either way there will likely not be school on Friday.

1/2 inch of ice is about as bad as a foot of snow to me (as long as no power is lost). Either way you won't be able to leave your driveway unless you want to waste your time snowblowing/shoveling.

But remember 1922 the Knickerbocker Hotel in DC's roof collapsed under 28 inches (#1 storm ever) of snow.

1-3 inches for the clipper today and Thursday Night-Friday system will probably be 2-3 (localized 4 inches) of snow before a change to sleet/freezing rain. Either way there will likely not be school on Friday.

1/2 inch of ice is about as bad as a foot of snow to me (as long as no power is lost). Either way you won't be able to leave your driveway unless you want to waste your time snowblowing/shoveling.

Those big snow destroying trucks never go through my street, so any accumulation is pretty bad, except that there's no school.

Will driving be bad fri night? I got places to go and beers to drink? Not drinking and driving of course.

Just in the morning though, right?

No the whole day. This will be a long period of wintry precip.

WINTER STORM WATCH ISSUED --

LOW PRESSURE ACROSS THE GULF OF MEXICO WILL BEGIN SPREAD SNOW ACROSS

THE MID ATLANTIC REGION THURSDAY NIGHT. AS WARMER AIR ALOFT MOVES

INTO THE AREA ON FRIDAY...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO MIX WITH THEN CHANGE

TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. THIS NEXT STORM COULD BE A HIGH

IMPACT EVENT...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW

AND...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS.

Archived