Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Revolution: A Manifesto

footballhenry

Haven't seen anyone post about this yet. Personally, I can't wait until this comes out.....I'm really motivated to get ahold of Ron Pauls work. Please only post here if you want to add to the conversation about this book that Ron Paul is releasing soon, pro or negative but at least make it relevant to this thread.

Amazon Synopsis:

In a nation thirsty for change, THE REVOLUTION is Ron Paul's call to arms. Moving from topic to topic at a quick pace, whittling everything down to its bare essentials, Paul tackles everything facing us today: the false choices in American politics, foreign policy as it was laid out by the founding fathers, how we can achieve economic freedom, how we should view abortion, civil liberties and personal responsibility, and what role the government is supposed to play in our lives. As Barry Goldwater defined conservatism in the 60s, Ron Paul redefines it for the 21st century with THE REVOLUTION.

About the Author

Ron Paul, a ten-term congressman from Texas, is the leading advocate of freedom in our nation's capital. He has devoted his political career to the defense of individual liberty, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. Judge Andrew Napolitano calls him "the Thomas Jefferson of our day."

After serving the United States as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force in the 1960s, Dr. Paul moved to Texas to begin a medical practice, delivering over 4,000 babies in his career as an obstetrician. He served in Congress from 1976 to 1984, and again from 1996 to the present. He and Carol Paul, his wife of 51 years, have five children, eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

Ron Paul, the New York Post once wrote, is a politician who "cannot be bought by special interests.""There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles," added a congressional colleague. "Ron Paul is one of those few."

The book can be found on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_ts_b_16?ie=UTF8&s=books

well they're consistently something...

Seriously though, when you idealize one value (individual liberty) and you try to maximize solely that then of course under your framework you will always think you are right. Because policy questions can be dumbed down to "what increases individual liberty more" instead of "this increases revenue this way, and increases health benefits that way, and reduces risk of war..." etc Simple answers are often the most convincing, and sometimes they are the most right... but sometimes they aren't.

How about they're consistently useful. I consider libertarianism a sort of "starting point" when deciding about an issue. If a collectivist/statist solution presents itself as considerably more efficient/better, I can go along. But I always start by thinking about how a decision will effect the individual.

He and Carol Paul' date=' his wife of 51 years, have five children, eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild[/i'].

Damn. A few generations from now, he'll have enough votes to win the White House if he just carries his own family. :laugh:

well they're consistently something...

Seriously though, when you idealize one value (individual liberty) and you try to maximize solely that then of course under your framework you will always think you are right. Because policy questions can be dumbed down to "what increases individual liberty more" instead of "this increases revenue this way, and increases health benefits that way, and reduces risk of war..." etc Simple answers are often the most convincing, and sometimes they are the most right... but sometimes they aren't.

And what's wrong with individual liberty as the ideal value?

And with that, you just summed up Ron Paul's lunacy. For him, all reason and common sense have taken a back seat to extremist ideology. The man is insane.
Forgetting the man himself: so individual liberty is extremist? Wanting freedom is extremist? I guess the Founding Fathers were extremists then.

:rolleyes:

life, liberty, and prosperity

not liberty, liberty, and more liberty

This is actually an important point. The Decleration of Independence lists three seperate things:

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Clearly, even the founding fathers saw that there should be multiple goal pursued at once, and probably understood at some levels they are contradictory.

This is actually an important point. The Decleration of Independence lists three seperate things:

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Clearly, even the founding fathers saw that there should be multiple goal pursued at once, and probably understood at some levels they are contradictory.

ah the pursuit of happiness, I mixed that one up

Archived