Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Revolution: A Manifesto

footballhenry

Why don't you smarter then thou fellows read the book before making pre-determined biases? Mmmk?

None of you sound intelligent in this thread, by the way. Judging a book by it's cover.

:doh:

Why read the book? Is his message going to change? Is he not going to want to cut all income tax and replace it with nothing? Is he not going to want to close foreign bases and bring all troops home? Is he not going to want to do away with the EPA? :laugh:

The dude is a moron. His book will be nothing new. More idiotic ramblings about his idiotic, ill thought out, extremist theories.

Why don't you smarter then thou fellows read the book before making pre-determined biases? Mmmk?

None of you sound intelligent in this thread, by the way. Judging a book by it's cover.

We weren't the ones that posted a thread about a book that hasn't been released.

I am very sympathetic to libertarians, I used to be one. But I am not saying these things to be malicious, I truly believe that a close examination of libertarianism leads to the conclusions I (and others) have come to.

Why read the book? Is his message going to change? Is he not going to want to cut all income tax and replace it with nothing? Is he not going to want to close foreign bases and bring all troops home? Is he not going to want to do away with the EPA? :laugh:

The dude is a moron. His book will be nothing new. More idiotic ramblings about his idiotic, ill thought out, extremist theories.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend."

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

"The preservation of the means of knowledge among the lowest ranks is of more importance to the public than all the property of the rich men in the country.'

"The dumbest people I know are those who know it all."

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth."

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government."

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

"For years governments have been promising more than they can deliver, and delivering more than they can afford."

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

"I know of no safe repository of the ultimate power of society but people. And if we think them not enlightened enough, the remedy is not to take the power from them, but to inform them by education."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned -- this is the sum of good government."

So, were you Scut Farcus or Grover Dill when you were growing up?

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

"The preservation of the means of knowledge among the lowest ranks is of more importance to the public than all the property of the rich men in the country.'

"All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth."

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the government."

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

"For years governments have been promising more than they can deliver, and delivering more than they can afford."

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

"I know of no safe repository of the ultimate power of society but people. And if we think them not enlightened enough, the remedy is not to take the power from them, but to inform them by education."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned -- this is the sum of good government."

Bla, bla, bla.

The only problem is that I've heard it all before. He's said over and over what he believes and after listening, I find it all to be the idealistic ramblings of an idiot. :rolleyes:

How 'bout telling your fellow Ron Paul knob polisher to not start a thread about a book that hasn't even been released yet? Mmmk?
Yep, that confirms it, Mad Mike must definitely be Farcus and your Grover Dill. :laugh:

Seriously, how about you not participate and respect the opening poster's request with regards to the thread? :rolleyes:

Please only post here if you want to add to the conversation about this book that Ron Paul is releasing soon, pro or negative but at least make it relevant to this thread

I'm thinking about adding it to my reading list (which is already way too long). I'll probably get to it this summer.

Seriously, how about you not participate and respect the opening poster's request with regards to the thread? :rolleyes:

What request? To add comments about a book that hasn't even been published yet? :doh: This thread is another weak attempt by the Ron Paul loonies to find yet another way to discuss the loony ideas of this crazy man.

Bla, bla, bla.

The only problem is that I've heard it all before. He's said over and over what he believes and after listening, I find it all to be the idealistic ramblings of an idiot. :rolleyes:

Bla, bla, bla is right.

He is a loon, yet I post about 20 things he strongly believes in and personally ask you and your RP bashing clown boyfriend to tell me what you have a problem with EXACTLY and you ignore it.

You are incapable of rational conversation and only seem to be able to post misled, assinine pot-shots at somebody who has a lot of listeners and fans, even if they don't want him to be president.

That is the problem with you Mike, as opposed to some of the others. They all understand what he is saying and most seem to think he is a great Congressman and has great ideas, they just don't support him as the next POTUS, but you, no, can't even take the time to learn a ****ing thing, just run your big mouth about things you have no idea about.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.;)

:thumbsup:

What request? To add comments about a book that hasn't even been published yet? :doh: This thread is another weak attempt by the Ron Paul loonies to find yet another way to discuss the loony ideas of this crazy man.
OK. Let me post it again for you Grover.

Please only post here if you want to add to the conversation about this book that Ron Paul is releasing soon, pro or negative but at least make it relevant to this thread.

"A witty saying proves nothing"

-Voltaire

Please only post here if you want to add to the conversation about this book that Ron Paul is releasing soon, pro or negative but at least make it relevant to this thread.
OK. Let me post it again for you Grover.

And once again, I am asking you how it is possible to comment on a book that hasn't been released yet. This thread is so blatantly obvious in it's intent, it's ridiculous.

Bla, bla, bla is right.

He is a loon, yet I post about 20 things he strongly believes in and personally ask you and your RP bashing clown boyfriend to tell me what you have a problem with EXACTLY and you ignore it.

You are incapable of rational conversation and only seem to be able to post misled, assinine pot-shots at somebody who has a lot of listeners and fans, even if they don't want him to be president.

That is the problem with you Mike, as opposed to some of the others. They all understand what he is saying and most seem to think he is a great Congressman and has great ideas, they just don't support him as the next POTUS, but you, no, can't even take the time to learn a ****ing thing, just run your big mouth about things you have no idea about.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.;)

This from the guy who doesn't even know his own candidate. :laugh:

You know the more I think about it this post really is hilarious. I cant even believe you are saying this after *I* had to tell *YOU* that Paul does not support a flat tax. :rotflmao:

And once again, I am asking you how it is possible to comment on a book that hasn't been released yet. This thread is so blatantly obvious in it's intent, it's ridiculous.
Then why are you in here if there's nothing to comment on?

Do you just want to play the bully along with Mike? ;)

Then why are you in here if there's nothing to comment on?

Do you just want to play the bully along with Mike? ;)

Just trying to point out another spam thread from the Ron Paul crowd. Usually, there should be a point when starting a thread. :2cents:

By the way, do you actually have any comments concerning this book?

Just trying to point out another spam thread from the Ron Paul crowd. Usually, there should be a point when starting a thread. :2cents:

By the way, do you actually have any comments concerning this book?

Yeah. I'm thinking about buying it to read this summer when I have time. Right now I have about 6 books queued up.

Archived