Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Jason Cambell RANK among the NFC East QB's Now?

LightenupSandyBaby

Look I have a love for the skins. I am here in plowboys country. I have the balls to drive thru dallas with skins tshirts hats and decals on my truck. My house has skins driveway markers and flags outside. I just dont like campbell. One of these days maybe you will grow some and see what its like. Until you have been here and go thru what I go thru you cant say I`m not a skins fan. I stick with the skins win or loose. (unlike cowboy fans) I go thru the grind all yr long. As a matter of fact my wife was a cowboys fan and is now converted over to the skins. Just because I dont like campbell doesnt mean I`m not a skins fan.

I live in Giants country, it sucks here, get over it. We have plenty of Texas Redskin fans here on ES who get no special treatment.

So you just don't like Campbell?

OK, fair enough. You are struggling to make any valid points and that is making me wonder if you are not the one who was converted in your marriage? Maybe? :silly:

But really, if you are a Skins fan, welcome. :)

Right now:

Eli

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Jason

You can't be serious. McNabb....is a shell of his former self. Romo sits to pee? I'm sorry, I'm not impressed. Good? Yes, but not great. Jason is a middle of the road QB who COULD be a good one if he continues to develop. I don't buy into this "system" argument. Football is football. Terminology is different. If he can't learn a new system quickly then I don't think I want him under center. I have always doubted his intelligence and I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong.

I was just about to rip you a new one for your ignorance.....then I saw your location.

:doh:

Yeah, I dont know. One the one hand you seem like a Skins fan in TX just to piss off all the CB fans. We have the same thing here too. Or maybe you are a just a CB fan all along. But on the other hand, Collins really did make the offense produce. But he is gettin old. Now the thing I like is Gibbs handpicked JC for his character and his toughness. To me, thats worth seeing through, at least for a complete season with a healthy team so we can really see what he is all about.

as of the end of next year, jc, the savior, will be number one in the east. im excited for a west coast offense to spread things out; itll help portis out with not having to fight thru so many holes/guys and campbell already has proved to do well in a WCO in auburn im excited for next year...expecially if we get Spags

Yeah, I dont know. One the one hand you seem like a Skins fan in TX just to piss off all the CB fans. We have the same thing here too. Or maybe you are a just a CB fan all along. But on the other hand, Collins really did make the offense produce. But he is gettin old. Now the thing I like is Gibbs handpicked JC for his character and his toughness. To me, thats worth seeing through, at least for a complete season with a healthy team so we can really see what he is all about.

I have been a skins fan all my life. My neighbor is a skins fan. There are a few of us in this small tx town. We talk skins all the time and neither one of us like Campbell. I will give you all this next year and see if i`m wrong but his stats havent changed much these last 2 yrs. he improved 6.9% over 2006 on completions. He only had 2 more td this yr over 2006 but played 6 more games. Ints 11 this year. 2006 he had 6.

he had 21 sacks in 13 games this yr. 7 sacks in 7 games in 2006. rushing yrds 2007 14.2 av. yds a game. 2006 15.3 av. yds a game. 1 fumble in 2006 13 in 2007. He lost 8 fumbles in 2007 and none in 2006. I dont see much of an "improvement". Sorry I just dont. The stats dont show it now do they?

bears game, campbell was doing fine and collis came in and excuted

Vikings- 1 dimensional team with no Quarterback. moss lining up against mcCauley rookie

Giants- 100 mph winds, and both starting safeties miss game forcing giants to stay back in coverage

Cowboys- nothing to play for and Moss against Reeves.

and to add to the argument that JC is better, against seattle collins didnt have arm strength/mobility to make throws.

If it would have been us in the SB... Where ELI made a great pass and scored a TD..Campbell would have thrown a interception......yep campbell sucks

Naa, if it was us we would have been down 45-7 or something because we don't pass rush enough to disrupt Brady's game.

I have been a skins fan all my life. My neighbor is a skins fan. There are a few of us in this small tx town. We talk skins all the time and neither one of us like Campbell. I will give you all this next year and see if i`m wrong but his stats havent changed much these last 2 yrs. he improved 6.9% over 2006 on completions. He only had 2 more td this yr over 2006 but played 6 more games. Ints 11 this year. 2006 he had 6.

he had 21 sacks in 13 games this yr. 7 sacks in 7 games in 2006. rushing yrds 2007 14.2 av. yds a game. 2006 15.3 av. yds a game. 1 fumble in 2006 13 in 2007. He lost 8 fumbles in 2007 and none in 2006. I dont see much of an "improvement". Sorry I just dont.

I will use your numbers rather than look it up myself. I think a 6.9% increase is pretty good, still not great. I think the loss of Jansen and Thomas did effect him, but I am not big on excuses. He held the ball a little low at times and that caused some fumbles, like Tom Brady in the Superbowl.

I thought he stood tall in the pocket and never got rattled from the pressure. I think he has a great arm and can make all of the throws. He has the confidence of his teammates and a work ethic that will make him great. There were a few passes this year where the receivers were tackled at the 1 yard line, otherwise he would have had a few more TDs.

He did have a few bad throws and failed to close out games. Obviously he is not where he wants to be yet, but I see the improvement and so do his teammates.

You can't be serious. McNabb....is a shell of his former self. Romo sits to pee? I'm sorry, I'm not impressed. Good? Yes, but not great. Jason is a middle of the road QB who COULD be a good one if he continues to develop. I don't buy into this "system" argument. Football is football. Terminology is different. If he can't learn a new system quickly then I don't think I want him under center. I have always doubted his intelligence and I'm waiting for him to prove me wrong.

I listed the order:

Eli

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Jason

You say I can't be serious, and then you go down the list and butcher every QB other than Eli......so, I'm have difficulty understanding what you believe the order should be.....but, I'm sure it is very well thought out.:rolleyes:

I will use your numbers rather than look it up myself. I think a 6.9% increase is pretty good, still not great. I think the loss of Jansen and Thomas did effect him, but I am not big on excuses. He held the ball a little low at times and that caused some fumbles, like Tom Brady in the Superbowl.

I thought he stood tall in the pocket and never got rattled from the pressure. I think he has a great arm and can make all of the throws. He has the confidence of his teammates and a work ethic that will make him great. There were a few passes this year where the receivers were tackled at the 1 yard line, otherwise he would have had a few more TDs.

He did have a few bad throws and failed to close out games. Obviously he is not where he wants to be yet, but I see the improvement and so do his teammates.

I`ll give him this next yr. I saw times this yr when I thought he might come around. But the next game was back to his mistakes. This next yr will be the 4th with the skins. We will have to wait and see. I just hope we wont be waiting on him before we win games. We cant keep waiting on the QB to have a great team.

JC had the worst Oline in the NFC East this year. It started laying well when Collins came in (yes, there was a big difference, Collins hardly got sacked, despite being a statue). If JC had Dallas' Oline + healthy WRs he'd have put up much better numbers.

1) Collins

2) Everyone else SUCKS!!!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Seriously...

1) McNabb (looked damn good at the end of the year despite a mediocre WR corp)

2) Eli (won a SB)

T-3) Romo sits to pee (looked terrible w-out TO)

T-3) JC (with a healthy Oline +WRs he might be very good next year)

What is the point of us ever getting any QB in the draft or free agency if the fans are not going to let him develop. the first overthrow or int they start booing and ****ing and whining .

Its funny that so many of you are on Elis Jock after what has been said about him in the past . He is in his 4th year as a starter and has finally found the constancy to win the big game . I think he will develop into a great QB like his brother he will always be in his shadow and maybe the Giants will become a dominant force in the NFC but he may go back to old form and have a great game ruined by mistakes the defense may take a step back, people may figure out the way to beat the pass rush, injuries may strike who knows .

The stats don't show it so well but I saw a guy growing in stature last year and every commentator who has watched QBs throughout the league say he has potential . Possibly one player on the entire offense was playing consistently to help Jason out and unfortunately that was Chris Samuels and he was alone on the O Line . The rift between Saunders and Gibbs was obvious on the field given his change of play calling when Saunders guy was in the huddle. Jason may become another in a long line of busts, he may flourish in a new system based on WCO, or he may become serviceable, nothing special but february is not the time to be thinking about ditching him .

Back to topic though I think I would have to rank the QBs as

Manning

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Campbell

Romo sits to pee showed in the divisional game why he was not drafted he was too easily rattled and was obviously distracted by events off the field . McNabb has never statistically been a great QB but for the most part he can lead his team and the eagles just don't give up with him under center and always dangerous . Campbell is the ?

Fans need to give Jason some time. He hasn't even played 2 full seasons yet. Here are Jason's stats compared with other QB's around the same point in their careers.

Jason Campbell's numbers through his first 19 games...

Comp:350 Att:608 PCT:57.6 YARDS:3,897 TD:22 INT:17 SACKED:27 RAT:77.2

Drew Brees first year as a starter...he got much worse his 2nd year which I didn't show.

COMP:320 ATT:526 PCT:60.8 YARDS:3,284 TD:17 INT:16 SCK:24 RAT:76.6

Tom Brady first year as a starter he played in 15 games.

COMP:264 ATT:513 PCT:63.9 YARDS:2,843 TD:18 INT:12 SCK:41 RAT:86.5

Brett Farve's 1st year as a starter played 15 games. His 2nd year was worse with 19td's 24ints.

COMP:302 ATT:471 PCT:64.1 YARDS:3,227 TDS:18 INTS:13 SCK:34 RAT:85.3

Peyton Manning's 1st year as a starter, started all 16 games.

COMP:326 ATT:575 PCT:56.7 YARDS:3,739 TD:26 INT:28 SCK:22 RAT:71.2

As you can see Jason's numbers aren't that far off.Jason will face a setback this year starting over in a new offense. The guy does have talent people just need to let him develop. Fans give up on players and coaches way to fast. Its like people thought Campbell should have busted out throwing 30 TDs and 4000 yards and that just doesn't happen.

As you can see Jason's numbers aren't that far off.Jason will face a setback this year starting over in a new offense. The guy does have talent people just need to let him develop. Fans give up on players and coaches way to fast. Its like people thought Campbell should have busted out throwing 30 TDs and 4000 yards and that just doesn't happen.

I totally agree but the way some fans are talking he would have those kind of

stats a game just to be halfway decent ...

Yes, he's last in the NFC East. But we have a strong division.

Where would he rank in the NFC?

I would put him above Chicago, Detroit,Vikings, Atlanta, San Fran and the Cardinals. I'd say he is just about in the middle of the pack in that sense.

If you measure him by athleticism and potential, I think he would rank in the top 3 in the NFC. Behind Romo sits to pee and Eli.

if we can't be top 3 in the division we have no chance to get into the playoffs.

Archived