Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Jason Cambell RANK among the NFC East QB's Now?

LightenupSandyBaby

Ill take Romo sits to pee over Eli ALL DAY. And Ill take JC over both of them. If Asaunte Samuels would have caught that ball that hit him in the hands, what would people be saying about Eli then? He sucks, period. He is surrounded by beasts though, which makes up for his suckiness.

You'd take JC over Romo sits to pee and Eli ALL DAY.... that is laughable! The other NFC East teams hope that JC stays around a long time.

Here is the deal...

3rd game of the season, Giants are 0-2 and down by a two touchdowns at the half. They are on the verge of imploding, firing the coach, mutiny in the locker room, etc. But then lo and behold the Washington offense goes into meltdown mode in the 2nd half. The offense couldn't sniff a first down. JC was completely inept. As in so many games, when it came to crunch time JC folded like a cheap lawn chair. There was one entire possession that last 47 seconds (that's not too good). Even from the 1 yard line JC could not get a score - that was pathetic. I have no doubt collins could have (would have) won that game.

So, every day the Giants should be sending roses to JC. He saved their season. They, like the other teams in the NFC East would love to see JC stick around for a long time. JC apologists, I'm sorry but it's true.

And I thought only ESPN flip flopped on their opinions.

Wakey wakey people....the Giants DEFENSE won this game, though Eli's miracle throw was kinda nice also.

A few games and a SB win doesn't take a guy from inconsistent to the greatest QB in the league. Choose a side of the fence and stay on it.

1. McNabb - Barring injuries, he's the best guy in the NFC East

2. Eli - Though he can thank Strahan, Tuck, and Osi....he showed mental toughness

3. JC - Our guy just has all the qualities necessary to be great. Zorn will bring it out.

4. Romo sits to pee - All I see is a guy who chokes when it matters.

You got to be kidding me...like jason campbell can actually win when it matters:doh: ...even before the playoffs i would have ranked elli manning over jason campbell but i wud have just given campbell the edge since he was younger....

You'd take JC over Romo sits to pee and Eli ALL DAY.... that is laughable! The other NFC East teams hope that JC stays around a long time.

Here is the deal...

3rd game of the season, Giants are 0-2 and down by a two touchdowns at the half. They are on the verge of imploding, firing the coach, mutiny in the locker room, etc. But then lo and behold the Washington offense goes into meltdown mode in the 2nd half. The offense couldn't sniff a first down. JC was completely inept. As in so many games, when it came to crunch time JC folded like a cheap lawn chair. There was one entire possession that last 47 seconds (that's not too good). Even from the 1 yard line JC could not get a score - that was pathetic. I have no doubt collins could have (would have) won that game.

So, every day the Giants should be sending roses to JC. He saved their season. They, like the other teams in the NFC East would love to see JC stick around for a long time. JC apologists, I'm sorry but it's true.

Giants 1 yd line

1st play - Jason spikes the ball to stop the clock

2nd play - Jason pass incomplete (okay I'll give you that one)

3rd play - running play to Betts for no gain (Bench called play, how did Jason fold on that one?)

4th play - running play to Betts lost 2 yds. (Again bench called play, and how did Jason fold?)

Giants 1 yd line

1st play - Jason spikes the ball to stop the clock

2nd play - Jason pass incomplete (okay I'll give you that one)

3rd play - running play to Betts for no gain (Bench called play, how did Jason fold on that one?)

4th play - running play to Betts lost 2 yds. (Again bench called play, and how did Jason fold?)

Do you think Campbell had a good game against the Giants? Yes or No? It's really kinda simple. Did he hve a good game against Tampa? Or how about Dallas. Those late interceptions were classic. We had 0 (zero with a Z) points against Chicago when Collins game in. Please!

Fans need to give Jason some time. He hasn't even played 2 full seasons yet. Here are Jason's stats compared with other QB's around the same point in their careers.

Jason Campbell's numbers through his first 19 games...

Comp:350 Att:608 PCT:57.6 YARDS:3,897 TD:22 INT:17 SACKED:27 RAT:77.2

Drew Brees first year as a starter...he got much worse his 2nd year which I didn't show.

COMP:320 ATT:526 PCT:60.8 YARDS:3,284 TD:17 INT:16 SCK:24 RAT:76.6

Tom Brady first year as a starter he played in 15 games.

COMP:264 ATT:513 PCT:63.9 YARDS:2,843 TD:18 INT:12 SCK:41 RAT:86.5

Brett Farve's 1st year as a starter played 15 games. His 2nd year was worse with 19td's 24ints.

COMP:302 ATT:471 PCT:64.1 YARDS:3,227 TDS:18 INTS:13 SCK:34 RAT:85.3

Peyton Manning's 1st year as a starter, started all 16 games.

COMP:326 ATT:575 PCT:56.7 YARDS:3,739 TD:26 INT:28 SCK:22 RAT:71.2

As you can see Jason's numbers aren't that far off.Jason will face a setback this year starting over in a new offense. The guy does have talent people just need to let him develop. Fans give up on players and coaches way to fast. Its like people thought Campbell should have busted out throwing 30 TDs and 4000 yards and that just doesn't happen.

THANK YOU!!!!

I just hope those who hate JC, still hate him when he's won us 2-3 SBs.

20 starts and he already sucks? Gimme a break!

Do you think Campbell had a good game against the Giants? Yes or No? It's really kinda simple. Did he hve a good game against Tampa? Or how about Dallas. Those late interceptions were classic. We had 0 (zero with a Z) points against Chicago when Collins game in. Please!

I was answering this one quote. "Even from the 1 yard line JC could not get a score - that was pathetic."

You didn't mention Tampa or Dallas in the post that I replied to.

I have almost all of every game saved. I am making it my mission to go through every one of them and post the results of every play that Jason had where he did more than just hand off the ball. And I will post the announcers comments in quotes so it won't be just my observations. I am not a homer to the point that I won't acknowledge Jason's faults and mistakes. But I don't like to see him blamed for things that went wrong that were beyond his control.

here is a video of some other people talking about campbell. Good stuff

It really seems that Jason gets so much more praise from the national media guys (who often seem dismiss Skin's players) and even fans from other teams than Washington fans.

I guess, it would mean either we are too critical, or we just observe more.....I hope it is the former.

The Cowboys on ly gave up 3 LESS SACKS than the Redskins. OH MY! BIG DIFFERENCE.

But hey! Don't let facts get in the way of propaganda.

Romo sits to pee had MUCH more time to throw than JC. JC was running for his life half the time. Even when he completes a pass, a lot of the time he gets clobbered while throwing, or just gets the pass off. Sacks alone don't reflect the difference in the amount of protection between the two.

It's simple. He ranks last, but with nice upside. After the 08 campaign he could easily move up in the shuffle, but you can't place him there now.

Exactly!!!

Regardless of how we feel about Campbell we all must concede that he has not arrived yet. He has shown, in games, that he can do some special things but he has also shown that he can lose games for us. It is about 50:50 right now as far as HIS mistakes that cost us game as opposed to others. Until he changes that ratio and becomes a true leader that can take control of his offense and finish the deal, he will be placed near the bottom of a lot of lists.

At the same time, I do think that he can turn the corner and be the QB that we need to win Superbowls.

1. Eli (always has been even before the super bowl, Romo sits to pee is nothing without TO)

2. McNabb (done it for a long time with no true #1 WR other than TO and he made super bowl that year, Romo sits to pee still hasn't made it with TO)

3. Romo sits to pee (as i stated above, tako TO away and he is not that great)

4. JC (same place he was before the season, TC would rank #3 if he were the starting QB, Romo sits to pee would fall to 4)

Romo sits to pee had MUCH more time to throw than JC. JC was running for his life half the time. Even when he completes a pass, a lot of the time he gets clobbered while throwing, or just gets the pass off. Sacks alone don't reflect the difference in the amount of protection between the two.

LOL!!! Whatever! Then how do you explain Todd Collins?

we do play in the best division in football

IF he played in

NFC north, hes 2nd

Now he wouldn't. He might be third...MIGHT. I wouldn't put him ahead of Kitna. You guys like to make excuses as to how, "If Campbell had better Oline protection...blah blah blah." When you look at the Lions Oline... YOU HAVE NOT RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

And if Campbell was behind that Oline... his numbers are bad enough but... no. He wouldn't be second.

NFC west, likely 2nd, leinart hasn't showed anything

And Campbell has? Oh I know, Leinert's started more games than Campbell, but unlike Campbell he didn't get to sit an entire year and learn the game. He was thrown immediately into the fire. Isn't that an adantage that Campbell enjoyed? You guys seem to claim it as an advantage for Romo sits to pee.

AFC east, 2nd behind brady

No he wouldn't. I find it funny as to how Losman has a 76.9 QB rating---and it gets him replaced in Buffalo. Campbell is at 77 QB rating---and it's only going to get better, at least that's what you guys claim! LOL!!!:applause:

Archived