Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Jason Cambell RANK among the NFC East QB's Now?

LightenupSandyBaby

1. Eli (always has been even before the super bowl, Romo sits to pee is nothing without TO)

2. McNabb (done it for a long time with no true #1 WR other than TO and he made super bowl that year, Romo sits to pee still hasn't made it with TO)

3. Romo sits to pee (as i stated above, tako TO away and he is not that great)

4. JC (same place he was before the season, TC would rank #3 if he were the starting QB, Romo sits to pee would fall to 4)

Yeah whatever. Funny as to how when Bledsoe was in there and had T.O. he couldn't get it done.

You guys keep singing that stupid ol' song: "take T.O. away... and Romo sits to pee's nothing!".

What about when T.O. led the league in passes dropped last season?

Take away that defense of the Giants, and Eli would NOT Super Bowl MVP.

Take away Randy Moss from Tom Brady, and they don't go 16-0.

Take away Todd Collins and you guys don't make the playoffs.

We can do takeaways with any and every scenario.

Campbell's nothing with Cooley. Take Cooley away, and he'd be less than nothing.

Why do the takeaways only apply to the Cowboys?

Better O-line play. If it's not that, then Todd Collins has better scrambling ability than Campbell, which is definately false.

So yea. Better o-line play.

So you mean to tell me that when Campbell got hurt in the Bears' game and Collins came in, the Oline MAGICALLY AND INSTANTANEOUSLY started playing remarkably better?

Campbell in his 13 games was sack 21 times. That's an average of 1.6 sacks per game.

Collins was sacked 7 times in 4 games. That's 1.8 sacks per game.

It isn't about scrambling but rather getting rid of the ball. Campbell holds onto the ball TOO LONG---like Ramsey did.

"Duh! Which way do I throw? Which way do I throw?"

So you mean to tell me that when Campbell got hurt in the Bears' game and Collins came in, the Oline MAGICALLY AND INSTANTANEOUSLY started playing remarkably better?

Campbell in his 13 games was sack 21 times. That's an average of 1.6 sacks per game.

It isn't about scrambling but rather getting rid of the ball. Campbell holds onto the ball TOO LONG---like Ramsey did.

Look up Campbell's stats in the Bears game before he got hurt. He was playing well. Thanks to time given by the o-line. Check out games where he wasn't sacked, and see how well he did.

Heyer was a part of it. Our Oline manhandled the best pass rush in the league at the Meadowlands. Pass rush was a nonfactor against the Vikings. The pass rush in the 2nd Dallas game was similar to the first one, except that JC was able to avoid the pressure. CP's number picked up at the end of the year as well. The D also did a beter job of getting off the field & forcing turnovers down the stretch, making opposing defensive fronts tired.

2. McNabb (done it for a long time with no true #1 WR other than TO and he made super bowl that year, Romo sits to pee still hasn't made it with TO)

Because he had a guy named BRYANT WESTBROOK to tote water for him, to where he didn't need a #1 WR. Westbrook is like LT. The Chargers don't have a true #1 WR, but they have LT.

Take Westbrook away and then see how well McNabb does. If you had any football understanding you'd know this.

Heyer was a part of it. Our Oline manhandled the best pass rush in the league at the Meadowlands. Pass rush was a nonfactor against the Vikings. The pass rush in the 2nd Dallas game was similar to the first one, except that JC was able to avoid the pressure. CP's number picked up at the end of the year as well. The D also did a beter job of getting off the field & forcing turnovers down the stretch, making opposing defensive fronts tired.

So on that particular game they all decided to give him time? When Campbell passes the ball more than 30 times a game, the Redskins are 0-10. Is that because of the Oline?

I beg to differ. If he didn't have to re-learn another offense I would have ranked him above Mcnabb.

and then...

Can you explain to me how you rank Campbell over Mcnabb? Mcnabb will finally be healthy next season, and he already has over 4 years experience in the same offense. I would like to be a homer too, but i just don't see it.

do i sense a flip flopper?:silly:

An extra second was all Todd Collins needed to make his reads because he has been in Saunders system for 8 years instead of two.

But why then were the WRs all of a sudden catching the ball more and better if you will? They also were in that same system for two years.

Learning a NEW system is NOT limited to just the QB. Every player must learn it and conform to it. That's why this new system crap excuse is just to make you guys avoid facing the reality of Campbell and make you feel good.

Plus he is more accurate than JC on the short to intermediate passes.

We saw what happened to TC in the Seattle game when he didn't even get the extra second.

It's been mentioned that Campbell is a better scrambler than Collins. Of course he is. That's obvious. Since the Oline was giving him much time as you guys claim, why is it then with his scrambling ability, Campbell is unable to make plays with his feet/on the run? IT'S CALLED IMPROVISING. It's a gift that many QBs DON'T have. Has nothing to do with or without talent. It's the ability to take a seemingly busted play and make something out of it.

Romo sits to pee has this. Him and Favre are the two best examples of improvisional play. That's what makes Romo sits to pee the elite QB that he is. Not because of T.O. or Witten, or whatever disparagement you try to come up with.

With all his scrambling ability, Campbell is unable to do this.

Eli is not the best QB in the division. Just because he won the Super Bowl MVP, does not make it so. The Giant's defense was the MVP of that game and Strahan in particular.

It's the height of intellectual laziness to proclaim this about Eli simply because he was awared the MVP.

If that's the case, then Eli is the best QB in the entire NFL period.

campbell would have to be ranked behind your very own backup q.b. so how many other backups would he be behind?out of 4 teams and 8 q.b.s campbell should be ranked 5th.
i believe that campbell may have the best upside who knows? but as of right now he is mediocre, eli is good, but has his moments, however he is very young and has proven himself. Romo sits to pee is probably the best of all as he has been in 2 probowls for 24 games played. and has broken passing records against the likes of aikman and staubach. mcnabb is proven, however is less apt to use his legs as he once did, and should retire soon. in my opinion the nfc east quarterbacks are among the elite with the exception of campbell who is still very young. and may just need more time. however even campbell is as good as 70% of the q.b.s in the nfl overall.

Maybe I'm being a homer , but Jason showed me more upside than Mcnabb did. He was finally getting the offense down. I believe Gibbs would have open up the Saunders playbook next year, and wouldn't have him cuffed like he did this year. Mcnabb's game is all in his legs. I believe without his legs he is a one dimensional threat that needs Westbrrok more than ever. Look what the Giants D did to him this year. I believe they got double digit sacks in one game.

McNabb was still suffering from the season-ending injury of last season.

Romo sits to pee has been a Cowboy since 2003. He has had more time to develop and become a polished QB in the NFL.

By sitting on the bench? Romo sits to pee has only 4 more starts than Campbell.

Jason was drafted in 2005, there is more to learn in the NFL than just systems. Its the most difficult job in sports. Have you noticed the veteran QBs who get an opportunity very often do well?

Campbell is not a rookie. And he's had more playing time than Collins.

Have you ever had to learn to do something very difficult? It becomes easier with time if you can stick with it. Lets not give up on JC, he played great at times this year and showed me enough to keep believing.

Every QB has some great moments. Thing is, the bad moments for Campbell outweighed the great ones.

3rd, with eli 1st, Romo sits to pee 2nd,and mcnabb 4th

Campbell is not better than McNabb. And Eli is not the best QB in the division. If you are going to go by the reasoning for Eli being the best in the division because he won a Super Bowl, then you have to say he's the best in the league. That's simplistic and illogical thinking. The Giants' defense won that game. Anybody could see that.

To me the list is like this

1, Mcnabb - healthy he's a great QB - the question is; can he stay healthy? He's at the the top now but he's not going to get any better and I can easily see him sliding down a couple of spots this year.

2/3 (too close to call right now) Manning/Romo sits to pee - I'm a Giant's fan and I've been a believer in Eli since the beginning. IF he picks up next season playing like he did in the postseason where the SB was his weakest game he could vault to the top of this list. I think he will but he's #2 until he proves it to me. Going into this season I thought Romo sits to pee was overrated, but he had a great regular season. big questions on his mental toughness though.

4, Campbell. he's last at the moment but he's also the least experienced and he has plenty of upside. Give him time and good coaching and he could be pretty good. I will be interested to see how Zorn's hiring has HC impacts him. persoanlly I think he's have been better as OC where he could really devote time to Campbell without the distractions of being a HC.

Look people let's be objective and realistic. I love JC too but McNaab is hands down the best QB in the division when healthy. When healthy, none of the QBs in the division have had the stats and the performance that Donovan has put up. In my opinion when healthy, McNaab is easily behind Peyton and Brady in the NFL. Now, I think JC can be like Brady. He really can be great but not as of now. As for Eli, yes he won the super bowl.

e

gomo

mcnugget

jason

be cool to see jason kick the crap out of gomo and mcnugget this year.

He couldn't even kick the crap out of his backup.

e is still out of range for jason.

Out of range with Eli...? Ok. Maybe you should look at the NFL QB rankings.

To me the list is like this

2/3 (too close to call right now) Manning/Romo sits to pee - I'm a Giant's fan and I've been a believer in Eli since the beginning. IF he picks up next season playing like he did in the postseason where the SB was his weakest game he could vault to the top of this list.

How was the Super Bowl his weakest game when he has a season QB rating of 73?

You inserted the age-old IF because you know of his inconsistencies. The guys has NEVER had a season of over 60% pass completion rate. He's never had a seasonal QB rating of over 77. GIVE ME A BREAK. His numbers are putrid. And you'd agree if you saw those numbers for the first time and didn't know who they belonged to.

The only reason why Manning got the Super Bowl MVP because his last name is Manning. Manning's numbers were barely better than Dilfer's when he won the Super Bowl with the Ravens.

I don't have much of a problem with people claiming McNabb being better than Romo sits to pee, although I disagree. But I can understand it. But Eli is NOT better than Romo sits to pee.

I think he will but he's #2 until he proves it to me. Going into this season I thought Romo sits to pee was overrated, but he had a great regular season. big questions on his mental toughness though.

Overrated...? Please elaborate, aside from him simply being a Cowboy, because I suspect that's why you call him overrated. Because Eli winning the SUper Bowl MVP and people claiming he's eiother the best or second best QB in the division... it gets no more overrated than that!

How does someone that throws 19 TDs in his first 10 1/2 games; finishes with a 95 QB rating, with a 65% pass completion rate, and one of the highest YPAs; and then the following year improves on all of that by being only one of four QBs to have over 30 TDs for the season.

How is that overrated? Would you consider Derek Anderson of the Browns overrated or does that only apply to Cowboys' QB?

And what of the questions of his mental toughness? In his starts, he's 19-7.

Is it because he hasn't won a playoff game yet? If so, did you question Eli's mental toughness last season and before because under him the Giants had not won a playoff game until this year.

What about McNabb choking in the Super Bowl to where he got tired and was unable to call plays in the huddle and then threw up? Doesn't that constitute as not having mental toughness? Or does that statement of mental toughness only applies to a Cowboys' QB?

4, Campbell. he's last at the moment but he's also the least experienced and he has plenty of upside. Give him time and good coaching and he could be pretty good. I will be interested to see how Zorn's hiring has HC impacts him. persoanlly I think he's have been better as OC where he could really devote time to Campbell without the distractions of being a HC.

Both Brunell and Todd Collins had the exact same coaching as him. Coaches tried to dumb playbook down for him and work on his mechanics... what more can they do? Sometimes it isn't the coaching but rather the player.

Archived