Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does Jason Cambell RANK among the NFC East QB's Now?

LightenupSandyBaby

He's last but this is easily the best division so far as QBs are concerned so it's not really that big of a deal.

Uh NO!

I'd put the AFC North ahead of the NFC East. The AFC North has Palmer (Bengals), Big Ben (Steelers), and Anderson (Browns).

All of them are better than Eli and Campbell and possibly McNabb.

Then there's the AFC South with Manning (Colts), Gerrard (Jags), Young (Titans), and Schaub (Texans).

He couldn't even kick the crap out of his backup.

Out of range with Eli...? Ok. Maybe you should look at the NFL QB rankings.

How was the Super Bowl his weakest game when he has a season QB rating of 73?

You inserted the age-old IF because you know of his inconsistencies. The guys has NEVER had a season of over 60% pass completion rate. He's never had a seasonal QB rating of over 77. GIVE ME A BREAK. His numbers are putrid. And you'd agree if you saw those numbers for the first time and didn't know who they belonged to.

The only reason why Manning got the Super Bowl MVP because his last name is Manning. Manning's numbers were barely better than Dilfer's when he won the Super Bowl with the Ravens.

I don't have much of a problem with people claiming McNabb being better than Romo sits to pee, although I disagree. But I can understand it. But Eli is NOT better than Romo sits to pee.

Overrated...? Please elaborate, aside from him simply being a Cowboy, because I suspect that's why you call him overrated. Because Eli winning the SUper Bowl MVP and people claiming he's eiother the best or second best QB in the division... it gets no more overrated than that!

How does someone that throws 19 TDs in his first 10 1/2 games; finishes with a 95 QB rating, with a 65% pass completion rate, and one of the highest YPAs; and then the following year improves on all of that by being only one of four QBs to have over 30 TDs for the season.

How is that overrated? Would you consider Derek Anderson of the Browns overrated or does that only apply to Cowboys' QB?

And what of the questions of his mental toughness? In his starts, he's 19-7.

Is it because he hasn't won a playoff game yet? If so, did you question Eli's mental toughness last season and before because under him the Giants had not won a playoff game until this year.

What about McNabb choking in the Super Bowl to where he got tired and was unable to call plays in the huddle and then threw up? Doesn't that constitute as not having mental toughness? Or does that statement of mental toughness only applies to a Cowboys' QB?

I will try and and clarify some of my points here.

1st. The SB was Eli's weakest game of the post season. In Tb he was extremely efficiant and accurate, moved the chains and protected the ball against the leagues #2 rated pass defense. He was cool, calm and efficiant throughout.

In Dallas he was similar, virtually mistake free, he made big plays when we needed them most. As someone who has watched almost every moment of his Giants career this Game was where I saw him really take leadership of the team.

In GB he outplayed Brett Favre. Yes he was helped by Plax having a monster game but for the third straight game he threw 0 ints.

His Playoff QB rating was consistently in the 90s-100s.

In the SB he was good but not as good as he'd been throughout the play-offs. He threw his 1st INT of the post season, and while that was unlucky (a decent throw deflected off the hands of his WR) that luck was balanced out but a dropped Int on the final drive. He made some HUGE plays when we needed them ('The Play', a 12 yder to smith on 3rd and 11, pinpoint throw to boss for 45 yds on the previous TD, Hisd 1st TD throw was threaded through a tiny gap and the last TD was made in the face of a BIG pats blitz) but most of all he was cool and calm throughout. Did he deserve the MVP? who eklse would you give it to? Welker maybe, Tuck Maybe, but ultimately he was the QB who led his team for the winning TD in the final 2 minutes of the game. he deserved it as much as anyone.

I inserted the IF as you say because i know of his inconsistancies. Totally true. I have seen what he can do, I have been an Eli supporter from the beginning but I'm not so blinded by my love of the Giants that I couldn't see his struggles. You are right, he's thrown too many ints and been innacurate at times. He's also thrown a lot of TDs. for me the question is which eli do we get next year? I believe he has turned the corner and we'll see a great year from him but I'll hold off on annointing him until it happens.

As for Romo sits to pee, if you read what I said you'll see that i said 'going into the season i thought he was overrated' I was wrong. I saw him struggle at the end of last season and maybe i was a little clouded by my hatred of the cowboys but I expected him to come down to earth this season. I'm man enough to admit that he proved me wrong and had an awesome year.

I no longer believe Romo sits to pee to be overrated.

That said, I also have doubts about his mental toughness because i saw how rattled he looked when we played them, he melted down and lost his cool. not good in the big game. did i have doubts about Eli's mental toughness? yes, down the stretch last season i started to wonder if he was losing his confidence. But one thing Eli has done repeatedly throughout his roller-coaster career is rebound after bad games. I had more doubts about his ability than his mental toughness. But yes, i have had plenty of doubts about Eli. This post-season he played consistently the way we've seen he CAN play against some very tough opposition. I'm not making my point based on the Sb but on the whole Post season (and to an extent the wk17 game against the Pats).

Also please note i said there are questions about Romo sits to pee's mental toughness. In all honesty i would not be surprised if he conclusively answered those questions in this coming season. but until he does there will be questions.

I say:

Romo sits to pee

Manning

Campbell

McNabb

Romo sits to pee is a better qb than eli, I would almost say campbell is better than eli...you take plexico away from eli and he is nothing special. The giants DLine & OLine & Plexico is what won them a superbowl...eli was just an innocent bystander that got the MVP because of his last name.

What I want to believe:

1. Eli Manning: He was able to lead his team to the Super Bowl. Yes the defense did most of the work but the QB is supposed to be the leader of the team. He had his best game vs. the Pats (regular season) and he had wins over the Bucs, Cowboys, and Packers in the playoffs. Ok the Packers game was on the leg of Tynes but he is still a pretty good QB.

2. Jason Campbell: He is a good QB. He shows flashes of brilliance from time to time and just needs some consistency. If the offense wouldn't changed every year and he had some receivers who are above 6 feet tall he would be great. I mean this past season pretty much his only target was Cooley. Santana and Antwaan were fighting injuries. Lloyd sucks and went on IR. Caldwell and McCardell are well there. Everyone knew where he was going so had however many INTs.

3. Tony Romo sits to pee: Personally, I think he sucks. He chokes when the game is on the line. He may have had 13 wins but it means nothing if you can't win in the postseason. He was good during the regular season but you got to transfer that to the playoffs. He has yet to do that. He has a 6 foot whatever crybaby/suicidal/showoff of a receiver that is on the other end of the passes. If you have a franchise receiver than your QB will shine.

4. Donovan McNabb: Ever since his first hernia injury he hasn't been the same. And I don't think he will ever be the same as he was. He has lost his legs which were the biggest part of his game. He is done without them. He might as well go hang out with some other washed up QBs like Pennington, Harrington, and Carr.

I say:

Romo sits to pee

Manning

Campbell

McNabb

Romo sits to pee is a better qb than eli, I would almost say campbell is better than eli...you take plexico away from eli and he is nothing special. The giants DLine & OLine & Plexico is what won them a superbowl...eli was just an innocent bystander that got the MVP because of his last name.

How in the hell is Campbell better then McNabb? Please explain.

1. Eli Manning- He played great in the playoffs and in the SB. Gotta give it to him. He is the only one with a ring.

2. Donovan McNabb-Proven himself over and over. If he goes to Chicago, watch out.

3. Romo sits to pee- I hate this guy.

4. Campbell- Hurts to say it but I think this is the general feeling around the league too.

Having said that. I don't think any of them are bad QB's.

Because he had a guy named BRYANT WESTBROOK to tote water for him, to where he didn't need a #1 WR. Westbrook is like LT. The Chargers don't have a true #1 WR, but they have LT.

Take Westbrook away and then see how well McNabb does. If you had any football understanding you'd know this.

You mean Brian Westbrook :laugh:

Interesting thread. I mean Campbell should not be mentioned in the same breath as the other NFC East QBs and yet some people have him 2nd. Perhaps they are the same people who think the Skins WR are not so bad. Campbell may get better, but his in dead last by a mile right now.

With the fact that Jason has to learn a new offense once again ( F*** YOU SNYDER!! :doh: :doh: . I believe he is Dead Last in NFC East now. Eli has elevated himself as the best for obvious reasons. Romo sits to pee under Garrett has to be second. A healthy Mcnabb is third. Jason...I hate to admit is running well behind!!!

How would you RANK the NFC East QB's for next season?

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Uhhh. 4th.

I say:

Romo sits to pee

Manning

Campbell

McNabb

I guess you didn't actually watch the Giants postseason. PLAXico (not PLEXico) was a non factor in the Bucs and Cowboys games (4 catches for 38 yds against the bucs, 1 catch for 5 yds against the 'boys) he had a great game (11 catches, 151 yds) against Green Bay and the Pats pretty much shut him down until the TD play (2 catches, 27 yds 1td) He scored a total of ONE td in the post season.

Eli on the other hand threw 6 tds (tied for first with brady) and only 1 int (tied for first with Romo sits to pee and Young who only played 1 game each. eli played 4)

No Qb threw more TDs or fewer Ints than Eli in the postseason. He had a 95.7 QB rating throughout the postseason. Eli deserved the MVP as much as anyone in the SB (you could make an argument for Welker or Tuck and if they gave it to a unit the giants d-line should have got it but they don't.)

Yes, the D-line was the biggest factor in the Giants victory and the o-line did a pretty good job too (though eli was sacked more than any other qb in the postseason too). But ask Bulger, Brees, any Jets or Cardinals QB or Farvre before this year how good ANY QB will be without a decent o-line. Colts, Pats and Cowboys have great o-lines does that mean peyton, brady and Romo sits to pee are 'innocent bystanders'?

You can critisize Eli's play in the regular season. inconsitant and too many mistakes, but you have to be blind (or VERY biased) to say he wasn't good in the postseason. He stepped up his game big time. IF he continues like that next season then he ranks highly on any QB list, IF he returns to his inconsistant ways then he drops down the list. But QBs will always be measured by how they play in the postseason. and this year eli was great.

How many postseason games have Romo sits to pee and Campbell won between them?

Mcnabb is still 1st on this list. he has been great and barring injuries he could have been league MVP last year, this year he struggled coming back from his injuries but still had more good games than bad.

Uh NO!

I'd put the AFC North ahead of the NFC East. The AFC North has Palmer (Bengals), Big Ben (Steelers), and Anderson (Browns).

All of them are better than Eli and Campbell and possibly McNabb.

Then there's the AFC South with Manning (Colts), Gerrard (Jags), Young (Titans), and Schaub (Texans).

Anderson was a one hit wonder; he proved that in the Pro Bowl.

Vince Young IS THE WORST STARTING QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL.

Matt Schaub is average at best.

Romo sits to pee and McNabb are better than most people on here are giving them credit for. Then again, Eli isn't as good as everyone is saying now too.

Hey, stats geeks. I see the QB rating. Let's put them side-by-side with sacks allowed, hurries and knockdowns (if that stat exists), yards-per-carries, yards after catch, completion percentage, and see if they don't all line up.

My theory is a QB, a running game, and the entire offense for that matter, are a function of how good the OL play is. QB's get way too much credit when the offense does well and way too much blame when it goes poorly. These stats should stand or fall based on line play and although there may be statistical aberrations, they should line up.

But I'm too busy to spend the research time, if someone else doesn't mind.

Archived