8) SB 32 - John Elway's helicopter run

7) SB 1 - Max McGee's one handed catch

6) SB 18 - Marcus Allen's redirection run

5) SB 17 - Riggo's Run

4) SB 23 - Montana's TD pass to Taylor

3) SB 34 - Mike Jones' tackle of Kevin Dyson

2) SB 10 - Lynn Swann's juggling catch

1) SB 42 - Manning to Tyree

Manning to Tyree #1? Honestly, can we not remember back before what we saw yesterday? That play next year won't be any higher than 8...if it's even in the top 10. Riggo's Run was a 4th and 1...while behind that could have sealed the game for the Dolphins. Instead, it was the straw that broke the Camels back. Manning to Tyree was 3rd down, they still had another shot.

Defining play of that super bowl? yes

Top play of all super bowls? an emphatic NO.

Manning to Tyree #1? Honestly, can we not remember back before what we saw yesterday? That play next year won't be any higher than 8...if it's even in the top 10. Riggo's Run was a 4th and 1...while behind that could have sealed the game for the Dolphins. Instead, it was the straw that broke the Camels back. Manning to Tyree was 3rd down, they still had another shot.

That's a good point. It's so fresh that everyone is high on it. When the dust settles it may lose some luster. But it was still an amazing play.

while riggo's run was a key play in our history, it wasnt a completely spectacular play. i mean he broke the tackle and had an open field in front of him. the play last night was amazing. first off that eli got away and then that catch was crazy. it well deserves its credit. its natural to be biased as we are skins fans, but i try and look at things unbiased and applaud an amazing effort. unless of course it has to deal with the cowboys haha

That's a good point. It's so fresh that everyone is high on it. When the dust settles it may lose some luster. But it was still an amazing play.

Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing play. One of those Holy S moments that make you sit up when watching the game. But seriously, it wasn't a game changer like every other play on the list is. It was just simply, a great play.

To put this in context...if Riggo's run had been a 3rd and 1 and not 4th, it still would have been the defining run of the game. But it wouldn't nearly hold the mythic status as it does now, because the absolute desperation was not there. If Riggo's run was a 3rd down run, it just took it from a top 10 play, to just a really good play that helped to win the game.

Manning to Tyree was just about the best Super Bowl play that I ever saw... Riggins' run was amazing, but I don't remember it being the last drive of the game. :) Manning to Tyree was very close to being a disaster, but an amazing play by Manning and an equally amazing catch by Tyree is what kept them alive in that game. Last drive, about a minute left... Can't top that. AMAZING,uh? Think I overused that word?

riggo's run was pure amazment but i have to say watching last night as a fan of just football tyree's catch got me off my feet!Now this is biased because im only 16 and never got to see riggos run LIVE so i dont know the magnitude of the run other than it won the game for us...

I think that most of the time people don't give certain games/plays credit for how great they are because they just happened. There's not a harder catch to make, and the 30 some yards it gained probably won the Super Bowl for them.

Forget about the Redskins a moment---that tackle which ended the Rams/Titans game doesn't make the top ten??? I still think THAT is number one!

Then again, the Rams probably don't have as many fans in St. Louis as the Giants have in Manhattan alone...

I'll have to agree that the Rams Mike Jones tackling of Frank Wycheck to prevent overtime should be up in the top 10.

Eli Manning pass to David Tyree should be in the top 5 because it was an incredible escape, throw, and reception.

The immaculate reception probably ought to be in there.

Yesterday's catch was amazing. The only reason I wouldn't put it in the top 3 is because he didn't score. Great, amazing, unbelieveable moment and catch, but if the Giant's don't score afterwards, the Pats probably win and the catch is a footnote.

I think the greatest has to be include a score or a denial of a score.

Archived