Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spagnuolo's appeal just got a little stronger (merged)

E-Dog Night

I still fail to see what is so bad about Fassel. He did a good job in New York. HE WENT TO A SUPER BOWL.

His team quit on him the very next season. I fear he has a little bit of Norv in him. Not a coach a player is gonna run through a wall for.

DC still calls that play and is responsible for correct substitutions. Sorry, but your precious Spags is not perfect. How the hell can you bring yourself to want a guy with NO head coaching experience and only one year of DC experience and think that hiring a SUPER BOWL COACH is a mistake? My God, man...

Yes, his nickname still sucks.

DC still calls that play and is responsible for correct substitutions. Sorry, but your precious Spags is not perfect. How the hell can you bring yourself to want a guy with NO head coaching experience and only one year of DC experience and think that hiring a SUPER BOWL COACH is a mistake? My God, man...

Yes, his nickname still sucks.

My precious? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Here's a list of a few people who had no head coaching experience when they were first hired:

Joe Gibbs

Bill Walsh

Chuck Noll

Bill Parcells

Not saying Spagnuolo will someday be mentioned in the group, but the greats had to be given their start at some point.

And the all time record-holding Patriots have been held to zero or less yards on about half their plays, with 7 points to show for it in the 4th quarter. That's a total team effort by the Giants. It's great game planning. Yes, the d-line is talented. But the coach is clearly getting the most out of that talent, not to mention the rest of the team.

His team quit on him the very next season. I fear he has a little bit of Norv in him. Not a coach a player is gonna run through a wall for.

I attribute that to Tiki, honestly. He seems like quite a child.

I'm sorry, but Fassel went to a Super Bowl. Fassel was coach of the year. If you take out his last season, he went 54-41. If I'm an idiot because I want a guy with that track record over a first year DC... :doh:

Spags is a genius! This is the man who can save our franchise and put us in multiple Super Bowls, starting next season. To hell with any interviews, Danny better have that contract waiting for him before he makes it into the locker room after the game.

Was he the one who decided to cover Moss with 1 guy in the end zone?

Genius is taking it a bit far don't you think. I'm attributing this defensive effort on the fact that Spags has the best D-Line in football. That can cover a lot of flaws in the back seven. I'm actually still a fan of Mooch over Fassel. I just don't think Spags will come here because he won't be able to get hire his own coordinators.

No safety help against Moss? You know Brady is going to hit that even if he didn't fall.

The play was 3rd and goal from what, the 6, I think? Moss was out wide. Hard to double him with a safety in that situation on a quick throw like that. Welker was in the slot, so the doubled him, which was probably a wise move considering that Welker had been Brady's go-to guy.

I don't feel like looking for the right place to say this, so I'mma say it here. That throw to Tyree is my generation's "the catch." That play will be remembered for years upon years. It will be part of the NFL Films intro montage. That play was absolutely amazing from every aspect.

folks...do you want Fassell who hasnt coached in 2 years or the guy who just shut down the most potent offense in NFL history?

This is a no brainer....even for Snyder.

Dont even interview...offer the man a contract tonight

I don't feel like looking for the right place to say this, so I'mma say it here. That throw to Tyree is my generation's "the catch." That play will be remembered for years upon years. It will be part of the NFL Films intro montage. That play was absolutely amazing from every aspect.

On this we can agree. That was a "Holy ****" moment.

Notice Moss doubled on that last play? :D

Especially now that they've won the Super Bowl!

Archived