Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spagnuolo's appeal just got a little stronger (merged)

E-Dog Night

At halftime, it pretty clear that the Giants have put together an excellent defensive game plan against the 589-point Patriots. Now I fully expect the Patriots to make some halftime adjustments and win this game by at least 10 points, but I'm pretty impressed with Steve Spagnuolo's game plan so far. He clearly has figured out how to get to Brady and had held Moss in check.

I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable with the prospect of him as the Redskins next head coach.

I think Danny is having the contract drawn up as we speak. :laugh:

EDIT - I suppose this should be merged with the thread that was just started a minute ago.

Yup, it's amazing how smart DCs look when the D-line gets pressure on the QB.

Yeah but it's not just that. He's calling CB blitzes and safety blitzes at just the right times in the just the right places. They had a run blitz on on that 3rd on 1 play where the Pats went 3 & out.

And sometimes, D-linemen get pressure because of techniques taught by their coordinator, ya know?

Yup, it's amazing how smart DCs look when the D-line gets pressure on the QB.

nah, he hasn't blinked yet to the patriots,and he's called a bold gameplan. yes the D-line has made plays but he's constantly blitzing people and the players executing perfectly. it takes balls to put 6-7 guys in the box going against tom brady in a 4wr/1rb look.

he's not sitting back and letting brady pick him apart,he's making good use of his personnel and figuring out ways to get after the passer with more than his Dline.

he looks like a genius right now because he's allowed the highest scoring offense in history just 7 points in a half.

nah, he hasn't blinked yet to the patriots,and he's called a bold gameplan. yes the D-line has made plays but he's constantly blitzing people and the players executing perfectly. it takes balls to put 6-7 guys in the box going against tom brady in a 4wr/1rb look.

he's not sitting back and letting brady pick him apart,he's making good use of his personnel and figuring out ways to get after the passer with more than his Dline.

he looks like a genius right now because he's allowed the highest scoring offense in history just 7 points in a half.

like his mentor Jim Johnson!!

He knows how to get to the quarterback. His defense creates pressure and sacks

12 men on the field...

Way to go, Spags!

Come on guys; Spags...you want a coach named...SPAGS? Fassel is the wise choice, no matter what most of you think.

Gee that's some real expert analysis right there.

You do realize that the 12 men was on special teams, and Spagnuolo is in charge of the defense, right?

You do realize that he still calls that play and did not get the substitutions correct, right?

Next time you try to be witty, make sure you have your facts straight.

You do realize that there's a special teams coach, right?

And next time you want to act like a jerk to a poster, don't.

His defense is not brilliant. He simply has an amazing d-line. The name thing isn't so much an argument as an annoyance.

And NewCliche21, he was the jerk first. Thanks for the kind words, though.

I still fail to see what is so bad about Fassel. He did a good job in New York. HE WENT TO A SUPER BOWL. What more do you want? A guy that has NO head coaching experience? Really? We are not rebuilding, people! We are a talented team that needs a proven leader to take us all the way. Zorn was a great hire, and Fassel will be too.

You do realize that he still calls that play and did not get the substitutions correct, right?

Next time you try to be witty, make sure you have your facts straight.

Actually, no. Tom Quinn, Special Teams Coordinator, is responsible for making sure everyone is in the right place. And even if not, a second-stringer making a bonehead play is not indicative of someone's ability to create a game plan.

And someone's name is hardly a reason to make a decision on a coach (as if Fassel is something special).

Archived