Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mad Dog w/Schefter

skins fan1010

They dont have a QB and o-line a WR a TE and a defense :laugh:

Were in alot better shape than them....and they went 1-15!!!!!!!:)

They also had a soft coach who wept after the win. Now they have someone who doesnt tolerate weeping, losing or more importantly, excuses along with 50 million dollars more in cap space than we do. We certainly appear headed in opposite directions.

I think everyone is blowing this all out of Proportion...yes Dan didn't handle this in the best way but by no way are we screwing the pooch or a debacle...just because Dan didn't hire Gregg doesn't mean it is a bad move.

let's review the bidding

- williams

- caroll

- fassel

- schwartz

- meeks

- mora

- whomever post SB from NY or NE

does it strike you that any one these guys influenced the selection of the OC/DC coaches?

does it bother you that some of these guys turned the Skins down and not the other way around?

why are so few of these candidates saying good things about the Skins or the interview process?

is it odd that so many DCs were initially interviewed? does this suggest that Blache was the fallback...and not the first choice?

You know what? I think many are right...Joe left DS/VC in the lurch and they are doing the best they can in a lean year. I also think the DS/VC team don't have much to attract the talent other than money....they can't sell themselves first before selling everything else....they are part of the "hard sell" problem....

Mike and Dog opened up today's segment with Schefter talking about the Skins' HC search.

They couldn't wait to dive in. Fransesca said other than the Raiders, who are in a category of their own, the Redskins are the biggest debacle in the NFL. All agreed. They cannot believe how badly Snyder is screwing the pooch.

Later, after discussion of other league news and an expected coaching upheaval after the 2008 season, they finished the segment talking about the importance of CONTINUITY in the NFL, especially with a salary cap. Teams that stay together and run the same system year after year have an advantage. Teams that hire new coordinators and new head coaches are always a year or two away from winning consistently.

I've been critical of the way Snyder has handled all of this and indeed, things look like a mess right now.

But, in my opinion, it would have been a worse debacle had Snyder jumped the gun and hired Fassel out of the gate.

I sincerely believe that Snyder wanted to hire Gregg Williams, but GW didn't like the set up or something. I don't think Snyder didn't hire GW as much as GW wouldn't agree to Snyder's stipulations. Either way, I understand how both would feel.

Without GW, Snyder is now doing the right thing. He's giving careful consideration to other candidates that include two top DC's in the game today (Meeks and Spags), possibly a top OC (McDaniels), and possibly two other proven winning head coaches (Fassel and Mooch, though I am not in favor of hiring Fassel but would love to have Mooch).

If we come out of this with a top coordinator or Mooch, I'll be okay with it all. Do I wish Snyder had handled his coaches and the media a little better by giving us a little something instead of all of this speculation, indeed I do. And do I think hiring the DC and OC before the HC is a little strange, yeah. But the results can overshadow the process.

Hail,

H

"But the results can overshadow the process."

well that is something we say...every 3-4 years.

Oh I don't know 62. When we hired Spurrier, almost everyone was all for it. There was no process, other than the drama of letting Marty go. But, at that time, many of us, including me, liked the hiring of Spurrier. Then when Spurrier was canned, it looked like Fassel was the guy - then out of the hat Snyder pulls Gibbs. I'm pretty sure that move had almost 100 percent approval.

We'll see what happens. I contend that things are better right now than would have been had we hired Fassel. We still might hire Fassel, but at least now Snyder will have more of a chance to become swooned by someone else (and I hope someone else bowls him over!).

If we hire Mooch, I think a lot of people (not all, and maybe not you) will be willing to forgive the process.

Don't get me wrong. I like continuity, but I don't like the continuity of losing one year and barely scraping into the playoffs the next. There's nothing continuous about that. Therefore, I'd rather take my shots at finding the next diamond in the rough.

Hail,

H

These are two buffoons, these guys are the laughing stock of talk radio......

Please tell me that you are kidding!

These guys HATE the Skins. They make statements all the time about them blowing games that they lead at halftime, can't run a 2 minute offense, can't get their field goal team on the field in time, can't come down with the important interception, calling back to back time outs, etc. The problem with them is that they are just about always right.

Oh I don't know 62. When we hired Spurrier, almost everyone was all for it. There was no process, other than the drama of letting Marty go. But, at that time, many of us, including me, liked the hiring of Spurrier. Then when Spurrier was canned, it looked like Fassel was the guy - then out of the hat Snyder pulls Gibbs. I'm pretty sure that move had almost 100 percent approval.

We'll see what happens. I contend that things are better right now than would have been had we hired Fassel. We still might hire Fassel, but at least now Snyder will have more of a chance to become swooned by someone else (and I hope someone else bowls him over!).

If we hire Mooch, I think a lot of people (not all, and maybe not you) will be willing to forgive the process.

Don't get me wrong. I like continuity, but I don't like the continuity of losing one year and barely scraping into the playoffs the next. There's nothing continuous about that. Therefore, I'd rather take my shots at finding the next diamond in the rough.

Hail,

H

Hail...after a lot of anger...I'm coming around to respecting the optimists like you. but *amn...you will never convince me that DS has the touch. more fundamentally....he's simply not someone worth looking up to or even believing...he has finally blown whatever tether of trust existed between himself and the fans. can he get by? sure. but he weill never, ever be respected...hether the Skins win again or not.

So....keep pluggin.....many of us need the balance folks like you provide. But you can pick up a theme or two from the disaffected as well.

let's hope you are right about next season.

Hail...after a lot of anger...I'm coming around to respecting the optimists like you. but *amn...you will never convince me that DS has the touch. more fundamentally....he's simply not someone worth looking up to or even believing...he has finally blown whatever tether of trust existed between himself and the fans. can he get by? sure. but he weill never, ever be respected...hether the Skins win again or not.

So....keep pluggin.....many of us need the balance folks like you provide. But you can pick up a theme or two from the disaffected as well.

let's hope you are right about next season.

Thanks 62, but trust me, I've been critical of Snyder through this process as well. But my anger is tempered by the fact that we didn't hire Fassel, which I think would have been a mistake, and I'm bouyed by the notion it might be Mooch.

I know where you're coming from though.

Hail,

H

I agree that "if" the media is right and all the assistants were left hanging and left wondering about their jobs...then that was handled badly. I think the coordinator thing isnt that big of a deal because I think the HC that they are going to name has already approved of these hires...at least I think thats what has happened. I dont see where they really messed up anywhere else. Gibbs' resignation obviously caught them way off guard. Williams was someone they didnt think could run the show. So they are being thorough and trying to find who they think is the "right" guy. What is wrong with that. They are trying to keep some semblance of continuity...the best they can considering they didnt want to keep the 2 main coordinators. Hell, if that source from a different board that bhayesp put up is true...they made the right decision. Most of the stuff being put on this board is pure opinion. No one here knows exactly what will or wont work. We are all fans stating opinion...opinion based soley on watching football from afar. No one here is an NFL expert. Anyone on here that can prove he is an expert and knows exactly what needs to happen...reply to my post and I will read only your posts from now on.

I'm completely mistified as to why some fans on here are assuming we'll be garbage next year, when they don't know who the head coach is, nor do they know the roster we'll be fielding next season.

That's exactly why... :laugh:

Getting rid of the main three Coaches on the team isn't exactly the secret to success. Top it all off, put all the cases together, Snyder keeping the Coaches in the dark, etcetera, and it's easy to figure we were pretty much Rex Ryan away from having Fassel as the HC.

Put all that stuff together with Snyder and Mini-Snyder running the show with no chains and that is why this team will go nowhere next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but history and current events have shown Snyder hasn't figured out how to be a leader.

That's exactly why... :laugh:

Getting rid of the main three Coaches on the team isn't exactly the secret to success. Top it all off, put all the cases together, Snyder keeping the Coaches in the dark, etcetera, and it's easy to figure we were pretty much Rex Ryan away from having Fassel as the HC.

Put all that stuff together with Snyder and Mini-Snyder running the show with no chains and that is why this team will go nowhere next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but history and current events have shown Snyder hasn't figured out how to be a leader.

yup. more directly....the odds are that we will hover around 7-9....or...8-8. to be honest...I don't even care about that - we've all grown accustomed to mediocrity.

what is worrisome is that the Redskins no longer stand for anything. And that is because the owner himself doesn't stand for anything. Even his greatest backers on this board can only summon two ridiculously simplistic reasons for encouragement:

- DS really, really, really wants to win

- DS really, really, really spends a lot of money

On a different wavelength....no one has really speculated on whether DS/VC would have made many changes had JG stayed. That is an interesting question in my mind since it is very clear that DS/VC...by recent actions...believe the entire leadership team/direction needed to be blown up.

Those who believe there is continuity are sadly mistaken. What we are seeing is a radical change in direction...this may be good....or not. but the point is that the entire leadership braintrust is gone. every major decision next Fall, each Sunday, will be made by somone who perceives, thinks and decides differently from their predecessors.

Gee, mediots bashing Snyder because they've been kept in the dark. Big surprise. It's not like the media holds grudges against people who don't talk to them. Cough- Art Monk- cough. Schefter has looked like a fool throughout this whole process, but he has no reason to be biased. :rolleyes:

What exactly has Snyder done to handle the situation so badly? How have we become a debacle? So many go on and on about it, but none ever seem to list actual reasons why. Snyder has interviewed multiple candidates, but has been secretive about it. That is why people are bashing him. Yeah, like no other owners or coaches are ever secret about their operations.

The only debacle is the perception of one being created by the media. I haven't seen any players speaking out AGAINST this. GW was their favorite, but you don't see any players demanding to be traded right now. The Pats have cycled through coordinators, and changed their philosophies based off of their personnel.

So many keep assuming GW was the only means of continuity. Like a coach with similar philosophies can't be brought in. Just to give you guys a clue about how the media works these things: The angle they take is very rarely in our favor, and if GW had been hired as HC, they'd say it was good for continuity, and then go on about how they shouldn't continue cuz the team wasn't that great, and then mention GWs track record in Buffalo, as well as the reported problems from '06.

The mediots have ben wrong at most every turn, and that is why the Post and ESPN have been coming out with uninformative, speculative articles that make assumptions about a procees they are being kept in the dark about, and take cheap shots at Snyder. There were teams who didn't make their decision on HC last season until after the Superbowl. The only difference is, they weren't criticized because they allowed leaks to the media.

...Dan, is that you???

Lets see what happens after the season before we call ourselves laughing stocks.

While I understand enthusiam, can you disagree with that statment? Lets just talk about Snyders tenure here.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck...

No one here knows exactly what will or wont work. We are all fans stating opinion...opinion based soley on watching football from afar. No one here is an NFL expert. Anyone on here that can prove he is an expert and knows exactly what needs to happen...reply to my post and I will read only your posts from now on.

You have asked for me and I have come to help you... Seriously, know as much as any other fan on this board, I know my opinions. However, since we don't have any real football minds in the front office making the decisions, my amature opinion is as good as theirs.

Mooch is supposedly out because get this, he wants to pick his own coaching staff and have a say in personnel.

The nerve of that guy!

I was giving DS the benefit of the doubt that if Mooch was the guy (or whoever the HC will be) , that he signed off on the hire of Zorn and promotion of Blache.

If an agreement with a HC hasn't already been made and the two coordinators were really put into place first, then yeah, Danny and Vinny really are clowns.

Archived