Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mad Dog w/Schefter

skins fan1010

Mike and Dog opened up today's segment with Schefter talking about the Skins' HC search.

They couldn't wait to dive in. Fransesca said other than the Raiders, who are in a category of their own, the Redskins are the biggest debacle in the NFL. All agreed. They cannot believe how badly Snyder is screwing the pooch.

Later, after discussion of other league news and an expected coaching upheaval after the 2008 season, they finished the segment talking about the importance of CONTINUITY in the NFL, especially with a salary cap. Teams that stay together and run the same system year after year have an advantage. Teams that hire new coordinators and new head coaches are always a year or two away from winning consistently.

Gee, mediots bashing Snyder because they've been kept in the dark. Big surprise. It's not like the media holds grudges against people who don't talk to them. Cough- Art Monk- cough. Schefter has looked like a fool throughout this whole process, but he has no reason to be biased. :rolleyes:

What exactly has Snyder done to handle the situation so badly? How have we become a debacle? So many go on and on about it, but none ever seem to list actual reasons why. Snyder has interviewed multiple candidates, but has been secretive about it. That is why people are bashing him. Yeah, like no other owners or coaches are ever secret about their operations.

The only debacle is the perception of one being created by the media. I haven't seen any players speaking out AGAINST this. GW was their favorite, but you don't see any players demanding to be traded right now. The Pats have cycled through coordinators, and changed their philosophies based off of their personnel.

So many keep assuming GW was the only means of continuity. Like a coach with similar philosophies can't be brought in. Just to give you guys a clue about how the media works these things: The angle they take is very rarely in our favor, and if GW had been hired as HC, they'd say it was good for continuity, and then go on about how they shouldn't continue cuz the team wasn't that great, and then mention GWs track record in Buffalo, as well as the reported problems from '06.

The mediots have ben wrong at most every turn, and that is why the Post and ESPN have been coming out with uninformative, speculative articles that make assumptions about a procees they are being kept in the dark about, and take cheap shots at Snyder. There were teams who didn't make their decision on HC last season until after the Superbowl. The only difference is, they weren't criticized because they allowed leaks to the media.

I'm still mystified how we can get rid of the HC and both Coordinators and let Pretzel Boy & Mini-Dan run the show, but some people here thing we'll actually be not just decent next year, but good.

Completely mystified.

I'm completely mistified as to why some fans on here are assuming we'll be garbage next year, when they don't know who the head coach is, nor do they know the roster we'll be fielding next season.

Whew, brother, where do I begin?

...What exactly has Snyder done to handle the situation so badly? How have we become a debacle?

Um, he fired the guy that virtually everyone agreed would be the best guy to replace Gibbs?...everyone from Gibbs himself, Redskins players on both sides of the ball including Portis, to virtually every good talent evaluator in the NFL?

Um, he hired offensive and defensive coordinators and he doesn't have a head coach yet? What HC worth hiring is going to take that job?

The only debacle is the perception of one being created by the media. I haven't seen any players speaking out AGAINST this. GW was their favorite, but you don't see any players demanding to be traded right now.

Well, let's see. I heard quite a few say they wanted Williams to keep this thing going. I have heard many anonymous quotes after he was fired (anonymous for fear of typical FO retribution) saying that this is a debacle.

The Pats have cycled through coordinators, and changed their philosophies based off of their personnel.

The Pats cycle through coordinators because EVERYONE WANTS THEM AS HCs!!!!!!!!! They do NOT cycle through coordinators becuase Kraft fires them.

There were teams who didn't make their decision on HC last season until after the Superbowl. The only difference is, they weren't criticized because they allowed leaks to the media.

The Redskins could have already been planning last week for next year, say, I dunno, while evaluating talent at the SENIOR BOWL.

Through all of Snyder's nonsense in the past eight years, I was a consistent Snyder defender...until last week. The only thing that could change my mind about him at this point would be if he managed to hire Cowher, Holmgren, Fox, Reid, or convincing Gibbs to come back. Of course, these things are not going to happen.

Archived