Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now?

SkinsFanRob

This is what worries me. I dont want a new coach coming in and trading some of our key players away and putting us back at square one. This team was definately headed in the right direction, Im just not sure that the types of changes that are being made are going to be beneficial to the team in the long run. Only time will tell my friend. One things for sure however... Its going to be a hell of a long off season.

I know i'm going out on a limb here in giving Dan some benefit of the doubt, but i'm sure these are some of the things he discussed with the candidates during their marathon interviews. I'm sure they were asked about the current roster, how many more pieces they thought were needed, etc., etc.

I really DON'T know my butt from a hole in the ground. Happily admit to that. LOL. What I do agree with is that 2 playoff appearances in 4 years wasn't that great. The nucleus of the team is better than that. Jason Campbell will only improve as time goes on. I still believe in the team itself. Regardless of how I feel about how poorly the front office is running the show, I think we're close to being a powerhouse team. As far as Gibbs, I'm glad he's gone.

Hmmm...let's count how many teams in the NFL made the playoffs twice in the last 4 years...

Don't know who's more spoiled, impatient, or arrogant. Snyder...or this fan base.

Hmmm...let's count how many teams in the NFL made the playoffs twice in the last 4 years...

Don't know who's more spoiled, impatient, or arrogant. Snyder...or this fan base.

I agree despite the mediocre showing, i was quite happy these last 4 years compared to what we'd been through before Gibbs came back.

I seriously see a MISERABLE season the Redskins.

The players were FINALLY getting use to some continuity and that has been shredded.

I just hope they get an influx of new, young players in here because you can almost certainly bet the old ones aren't buying into this whole Dan Snyder Vinny C. cluster ****.

Maybe whoever comes in wont blow halftime leads and wont make us have to win out in Decemeber just to get a #6th seed in the playoffs. I hope the next coach has a clue on how to manage the clock, because Gibbs didn't know how to do that at all

To answer this question we need to know know how much influence Gibbs has on the selection process as the "special advisor." My personal take is that he isn't all that happy because he wanted GW to succeed him, but that is only what I have gathered by reading the news over the previous 4 years.

Happy.

Happy that he has the title of advisor in name only......meaning he gets paid the final year of his deal without really having to do anything.

Happy, that he's home and no longer has to sleep in a cot at Redskins Park 3-4 days a week.

Happy, that his every move is no longer criticized or future moves are speculated about before they're even made.

Happy, that he can go back to working with both his sons,JD and Coy.

Coy, was the son that wanted to try a career in coaching. If you remember, it's one of the reason he came back and was willing to give coaching another shot.

When Coy left the team and then Taylor got sick, the writing was on the wall as far as Joe staying on,IMO. Now Coy is into motorcross and starting up a new team in that sport.

That's where Joe will be. Helping Coy build their motorcross team.

Building a new team, dropping by the race shop to check in on JD,Tony and the boys,all the while getting paid by the Skins.

Happy is how he feels. If you were in his shoes, you'd be happy too.

I don't think that he is really going to care all that much. He retired and is dealing with his family. That is what he should do. He might feel a little bad about the fact that Williams and Saunders were let go, but I don't think that he is going to go and tell Mr. Snyder how to run the team. He will probably just say that it is Mr. Snyder's team, like in the press conference, he will feel bad quietly about it, and then move on.

I think I'm going to sit back and see how this thing unfolds too much speculation by people that have no idea whats going on behind closed doors. Take a chill pill guys this may not turn out as bad as some of you chicken littles think.

Anyone who watched Gibbs over the years must know that he probably feels bad for Williams right now but I'd bet, if he knew Snyder wouldn't tolerate Gregg as HC, that he suggested to Dan to keep as many of the Assistant Coaches as he could and promote some as well (Blache as DC, Olivett retained, etc.) to help with some semblance of "continuity". UnWise Mike's article in the post this morning was right on the money, btw. It's not Gibbs' problem but he still cares, there's no doubt about that. But there's only so much he can do and, if "Bonehead-Dan" won't listen to him, all Coach Joe can do is throw his hands in the air and say, "I tried." I bet he's frustrated though.

We are a few players from being an extremely good football team, and that's the good news.

:2cents:

In defense, that argument can be made.

But in the offense, we have torn apart the underlying system.

Unless Zorn implements the same system, the players will have to start over.

This is different than what happened in Dallas.

In defense, that argument can be made.

But in the offense, we have torn apart the underlying system.

Unless Zorn implements the same system, the players will have to start over.

But who's to say that they won't take what worked, use it, and build on that.

Lot's of you are assuming that they will have to "Start Over"

I'd be willing to bet we probably know less than 10% of what's really happening in that front office right now.......Who really knows how Gibbs felt about Williams and how Cerrato felt about Gibbs, etc., etc., etc. Most of what we've come to learn is directly from the media, and lord only knows how much of that is pure bulls***.

Some of you have already cashed in next season even before we selected a coach. Be honest with yourself, and think...Snyder is all business...all the decisions made are calculated and researched behind closed doors with staff/coaches, and key Redskin core personnel/players. Watch the final Joe Gibbs exit speech with Snyder's comments and you will see the writing on the wall.

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now watching everything he has built over the last four years being torn apart right infront of his eyes? I thought he was staying on as a special advisor to dan snyder. How can he stand by and just let all this happen. I really cant see him approving of whats going on right now, especially the williams situation. This is just so unbelievable. I had very high hopes for the skins after this season, but now it looks like we are heading towards a couple seasons of double digit losses. Win or lose I will still wear my burgundy and gold proudly every sunday. This whole situation however is just completely mind boggling.

Probably feels pretty good about the speed his Toyotas are showing at Daytona.....;)

Gibbs is thinking, I wasted my last 4 years trying to instill discipline and value into this franchise and the owner has ripped that up inside 2 weeks.

That's pretty much along the lines with what I would've said.

I'm sure Gibbs might be disappointed right now. He might feel that he has wasted about 4 years of his life.

If in fact Snyder didn't like GW, he has done his best to keep all other coaches in place.

I think we can all agree that AS offense never lived up to it's billing, not even with TC. CP carried the load for three of the four games win streak.

Maybe when Snyder and Gibbs talked about continuity, they were referring mainly to the team. The problem in the past was the shuffling of high priced FA's in and out of the team line-up. Now that the team has a core group, this has created more stability. IMO, I think we were all hoping to wait a year and give GW a chance. Then we could of expected this to happen if we didn't win.

I think JG has probably washed his hands of any of this. This is not what he would of liked to be done if he had any say so. The final decisions could of been the same but publicly it would of been handled differently.

Don't put a JG stamp on any of this.

Archived