Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now?

SkinsFanRob

But who's to say that they won't take what worked, use it, and build on that.

Lot's of you are assuming that they will have to "Start Over"

If you have observed a group of people working as a unit to perform a task that requires a team coordination, you will probably agree that mistakes occur from not being on the same page. (e.g., in a run play, a RB moves a little bit too far to one side ... and as a consequence, cannot get to block a blitzing CB).

To get people on EXACTLY the same page requires a lot of time together. Repetition after repetition, doing the same things over and over until everything becomes second nature.

Now, if you implement a new system, the players need to learn new positions, re-learn what the assignments are, etc. To get all the players on the same page on the new system will take a while. Just consider how terrible Brunell looked in Al's offense.

I just don't see how one can short-circuit this.

I think Gibbs must feel like one of those guys who gets a bad feeling before boarding a plane flight and doesn't board, and then hears about the plane crashing.

No, Gibbs didn't think it was going to crash when it left, but he was of course the pilot when he was here. We've found that the former co-pilot and air traffic control continue to be as inept as they were before Gibbs returned to the scene.

Like an ass. He said he'd see this thing through and he didn't. Don't blame him, but let's face it, he bugged out just when we needed him most and now the last four years are for naught. He should've been smart enough to realize that by leaving the team in such a lurch on such short notice, that things would fall apart. He should be feeling guilty right now.

I think Gibbs would have to be a bit disappointed if, after all is said and done, the base of the team (the coaches and players he helped choose) are completely jettisoned based on Danny Boy's whim and his personality conflicts.

Joe Gibbs has guided this franchise two two playoff appearances in 4 years. The Redskins are 1 of 15 teams to accomplish this. 8 NFL teams haven't even made the playoffs at all in that time span. I can remember a span of 11 years where the Redskins only made the playoffs one time. The past four years has been great.

To disassemble the group of people that created that would not make any sense. I think the hiring of Blache might provide some of the stability that Gibbs stressed in his retirement speech. Let's hope that is the case.

HTTR

me and about 90% of this board. The fact is that gibbs has put together a good group of guys, a real TEAM. A new head coach is likely to come in and start cutting people and that team aspect will be shattered as new group of players comes in.

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I dont know, but right now its hard to see many positives.

The sky is NOT falling, and it's difficult to see many positives as alot of negative posters keep starting threads about gloom & doom. The bottom line is this is our team, you need to support Dan and what he's going to do and has done. I'm not being a homer fan just a realist. If they hire Fassel will I personally be happy? no.........but i'll support him. Was Gibbs II an overall success and what we the fans had envisioned? no............but I supported him.

Just depends on how you choose to look at things. I'll be happy one way or the other when the process is over and we can focus on the draft. :logo:

The sky is NOT falling, and it's difficult to see many positives as alot of negative posters keep starting threads about gloom & doom. The bottom line is this is our team, you need to support Dan and what he's going to do and has done. I'm not being a homer fan just a realist. If they hire Fassel will I personally be happy? no.........but i'll support him. Was Gibbs II an overall success and what we the fans had envisioned? no............but I supported him.

Just depends on how you choose to look at things. I'll be happy one way or the other when the process is over and we can focus on the draft. :logo:

I always want the team to win. However, when I conclude - as I now have - that any success will be inspite of our arrogant, learning impaired owner rather than because of him, I will not be supporting the owner any longer.

If that's an impossible paradox for you, well then I'm sorry to be confusing, but that's the way I feel and I know I'm not alone in that.

What has he built...A decent roster but nothing special. What he hopefully built was how to run this team going forward and until we see FA, the draft, and our final coaching staff statements like these are ridiculous.

And if Gibbs really pushed Snyder hard on GW, don't you think he would have given it more serious consideration?

And please don't act like everything Coach Joe did here was golden Round 2:

1. Too many coaches. Lets just hope we continue to slim down the roster some.

2. Potentially opening up a qb controversey next year with JC. There was no reason for him to say what he did in his post season presser is he wasn't going to be back. Collins is a good backup...But JC has the potential to take it to a level Collins can't.

3. Numerous people making personnel decisions. Cerrato may not be great, but lets have one guy make the call.

4. Building the lines!!! we failed at that and must address it this off season.

I think he is beginning to realize, like the rest of us, THAT SNYDER MUST GO.

SNYDER AND CERRATIO MUST GO

I'm amused youre username is Campbell The Savior, but you're saying you want the owner that's committing to him by the moves he's making to go. Gibbs/ Saunders would have had Collins in there by midseason. Snyder and Cerrato actually went out and got a coach who developed a QB who doesn't have near the tools that JC has and made him into a probowl player and you want them out. Just asking, who did you want to run the offense?

I always want the team to win. However, when I conclude - as I now have - that any success will be inspite of our arrogant, learning impaired owner rather than because of him, I will not be supporting the owner any longer.

If that's an impossible paradox for you, well then I'm sorry to be confusing, but that's the way I feel and I know I'm not alone in that.

What has Snyder done in the last 2 weeks to be arrogant? He didn't hire the guy YOU wanted? wow, your decision making skills are being highly overlooked I suppose. And how were you 'supporting' Snyder before that you now won't? No more 'Skins jerseys for you? no more buying tix to the games? how?

I will give you props though for using the word 'paradox' in a sentence though, now that was impressive :D

Some of the rhetoric being spewed in these threads ALMOST makes me want to quit reading the boards. If not for the fact that the better percentage of us are TRUE fans, I'd be gone.

Joe Gibbs did the organization a favor by coming back in the first place. True, he was paid handsomely for it. But the man did not need the money. He loves this team.

Mr. Gibbs is probably the ONLY coach this team could have that Snyder couldn't/wouldn't try to control. That's all based on Mr. Snyder's modus operandi.

I'm going to watch and cheer for this team no matter who the next leader is.

Do we deserve better than this cloak and dagger crap? Hell yes we do. But there is nothing that can be gained by talking down Joe Gibbs and the legacy he leaves us.

Shame on all those that have done that!

Geez.

I am not sure why we don't just forfeit the season, the way some of the posters are acting.

This does NOT have to be a start over. I said in another thread.........let us build on what we have now.

Believe me Blondie, I would love to see this happen more than anything. However I picture this team looking completely different next year. I really hope that some of the players do not want to start jumping ship on us though because its obvious Snyder never took into account their wants.

Do you really see a new coach keeping things the same?

What is being torn down? Gibbs 2 assistants leave, and everyone pretends Snyder has put the franchise into shambles. Let's just ignore who is behind this rampant speculation which has put the fanbase in a whirl, and bash Snyder and Cerrato like the media wants us to with all their retaliatory hit pieces because they were left in the dark.

Why would Gibbs stay on as an advisor, why would he be contacting current coaches and staff, if he was upset with the way Dan was handling things?

The only thing being torn apart, ruined, is the collective sanity of ES.

Please dont get me wrong. I will always be crazy in love with the burgundy and gold, and I will support whoever we have. However, for me it would have been alot easier to do with someone like Williams leading us at the helm.

Like I said earlier, Win, lose or draw I will always wear my Jerseys with pride. :point2sky

Please dont get me wrong. I will always be crazy in love with the burgundy and gold, and I will support whoever we have. However, for me it would have been alot easier to do with someone like Williams leading us at the helm.

Like I said earlier, Win, lose or draw I will always wear my Jerseys with pride. :point2sky

AMEN 'SkinsFanRob' :applause: :logo:

I wonder too, Gibbs is not the type to air out dirty laundry in public, so even if he was to speak out I would suspect, their would be a nice spin to everything said about everyone from Dan on down to Al, GW and every player.

It would be nice to pick his brain in private as to what the heck is going on behind the scenes, but that is not going to happen.:(

Guest ComebackKing
Geez.

I am not sure why we don't just forfeit the season, the way some of the posters are acting.

This does NOT have to be a start over. I said in another thread.........let us build on what we have now.

I have a hard time having faith in building what we have now when any sort of foundation that we had gets knocked out.

It's like climbing a mountain and halfway up you fall back to the ground and promptly get up and say "Well lets get climbing again- woohoo I'm so happy!" Nah most of us are mad and angry and doom and gloom because we've got to start climbing all over again... Ah the trials and tribulations of the NFL, isn't it great?

I would assume he feels a little bad. He seemed to leave the team thinking it was ion the right track and everything was in place to make it happen. Instead its blowing up. And because of his departure the players are losing their favorite coach, Gregg Williams.

He seemed content that things would move up to the next step, instead they are taking a step back. So his departure HAS put a damper on the franchise's future.

But who's to say that they won't take what worked, use it, and build on that.

Lot's of you are assuming that they will have to "Start Over"

Geez.

Believe me Blondie, I would love to see this happen more than anything. However I picture this team looking completely different next year. I really hope that some of the players do not want to start jumping ship on us though because its obvious Snyder never took into account their wants.

Do you really see a new coach keeping things the same?

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, not tearing this team apart is exactly what Snyder wants to do. Who's to say that Saunders didn't want to get a new quarterback? Or Gregg Williams didn't want to draft/acquire new players on defense.

Perhaps Zorn, Blache, & (gasp) Fassel were told that with this job, comes no player control. Dan & Vinny will pick/keep the players together (CONTINUITY!), all you have to do is coach them.

The only thing being torn apart, ruined, is the collective sanity of ES.

What little there was left before Gibbs retired..... :)

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, not tearing this team apart is exactly what Snyder wants to do. Who's to say that Saunders didn't want to get a new quarterback? Or Gregg Williams didn't want to draft/acquire new players on defense.

Perhaps Zorn, Blache, & (gasp) Fassel were told that with this job, comes no player control. Dan & Vinny will pick/keep the players together (CONTINUITY!), all you have to do is coach them.

What little there was left before Gibbs retired..... :)

If this is the case my friend then I would stand corrected, and I would happily shut my mouth :) . I really hope this is the case, because I really love the team we have now even if we are not winning superbowls. We have a group of very classy guys with ALOT of HEART, and that to me is almost worth more than winning.

Do I want to see this team win, and make it to a superbowl? Hell yes! But I want to win with this awesome group of guys that I have come to love and respect.

I'm amused youre username is Campbell The Savior, but you're saying you want the owner that's committing to him by the moves he's making to go. Gibbs/ Saunders would have had Collins in there by midseason. Snyder and Cerrato actually went out and got a coach who developed a QB who doesn't have near the tools that JC has and made him into a probowl player and you want them out. Just asking, who did you want to run the offense?

Are you referring to Collins? Collins came with Saunders. Snyder and Cerrato dumped Saunders in case you haven't heard.

Archived