Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now?

SkinsFanRob

Knowing what a spiritual man Gibbs is, I'm betting he feels it is in God's hands. I bet he prays for the team every night. This man is guided by the big man, and he is led by Him, so he made a choice that he felt was right, for him, his family, his health, his future, and certainly his 2 year old grandson. I am a believer that nothing happens in God's world by coincidence. And that sometimes, like Gibbs said, the greatest things happen after you feel the most crushed. So we are going through one of those times right now-a time of uncertainty, disarray, fear, the unknown, and we are all still in pain over the loss of Sean Taylor, although many haven't mentioned it recently. (I know I am). We have been through a ton this year.

But if you are truly a believer in God, and you seek His direction, you know that once you get the answer to where you are supposed to go, you know it was the right decision. Right now things are up in the air for the Redskins, but one day we will see that Gibbs leaving at this time was for a reason-for him, his family, and even for the team to catapult them to even more growth to where they need to be.

One thing I know is true about Coach Joe: he will always pray for the best for this team, and to him, he has left this team in the best hands possible: God's.

i bet gibbs feel upset and betrayed by daniel synder. he is probably questioning his decision of leaving the team.

You'll always wonder "What if?" in a situation like this, but I don't think Gibbs is the type of person to be haunted by it. I'm sure this wasn't a decision he made lightly, and I don't think he'd reverse it if he could.

The man had to do what was best for him. As much as I think gibbs cares about the fans, his family had to come first. That to me is completely understandable.
Exactly why we need a younger, driven coach willing to sleep on a cot in his office, just as dedicated and single minded as JG 1 was when we had success.

Like an ass. He said he'd see this thing through and he didn't. Don't blame him, but let's face it, he bugged out just when we needed him most and now the last four years are for naught. He should've been smart enough to realize that by leaving the team in such a lurch on such short notice, that things would fall apart. He should be feeling guilty right now.
Probably like a lying quitter, that's how he should feel right now.
If he was that concerned, he wouldn't have quit his contract and bolted back to NASCAR.

Well that just told him.

How dare he leave this team. How dare he look at his life at 68 with a two year old grandchild who he really DOESN'T know.......(remember he has been sleeping on a cot as turbodiesel said the coach should for the last four years).

What an ass.

What a liar.

What an unconcerned piece of a man.

I am just appalled.

I just don't know how the three of you can even stand to write or read his name.

Spit when you have to say it. I mean, you are so disgusted with him.....spit that horrible name out of your mouth.

You all should be so very happy right now that he has left the building. You should be writing nothing but wonderful rhymes since the wicked witch has gone.

He believes in the 3 F's. Faith, Family, and Finances (Football/Making a Living). He followed his philosophy in life. He brought this team back from the disaster known as DOUBLE S.

I admire that man. I respect his life on and off the field.

He said in his weekly message to pray for this team.

I think that pretty much sums up what Joe Gibbs thinks of all this.

I am sure he is happy as a pig in mud. He is home with his family, spending time with his grandchildren, and watching J.D. run Joe Gibbs racing.

No more sleeping on the cot in his office, eating fastfood in the middle of the night (even though he said he gave that up), watching game film until early morning, dealing with the media and their questions, trying to figure out a game plan that works each week, and the pressure of having to live up to the expectations of a city that expects miracles (just because he is Joe Gibbs).

I am sure he is very, very happy and besides........ he has great seats for the Daytona 500.

He believes in the 3 F's. Faith, Family, and Finances (Football/Making a Living). He followed his philosophy in life. He brought this team back from the disaster known as DOUBLE S.

Gibbs put the team above family and his own health last time he was here. He has admitted that publicly, and it was one of his main reasons for leaving last time. His single minded approach to COACHING the team was far and away the key to our glory years. How he thought he could be away from the game a dozen years and come back to be the coach, president AND GM of the team is beyond me.

And Blondie, I heard straight out of Gibbs mouth on MANY occasions he was going to stay and finish his contract. As recently as his mid-season slump. Did you not get the memo?

Gibbs put the team above family and his own health last time he was here. He has admitted that publicly, and it was one of his main reasons for leaving last time. His single minded approach to COACHING the team was far and away the key to our glory years. How he thought he could be away from the game a dozen years and come back to be the coach, president AND GM of the team is beyond me.

And Blondie, I heard straight out of Gibbs mouth on MANY occasions he was going to stay and finish his contract. As recently as his mid-season slump. Did you not get the memo?

Silly him.

Again, how DARE him deal with life changing experiences and CHANGE his mind.

What was he thinking?

I mean, my lord. He SAID he would be here. I mean, come on Joe, people are NOT allowed to have a change of mind due to experiences that effect them deeply.

I just don't know why he thought he was special like that.

I really believe at THIS point Joe is very glad to be DONE with coaching! Not so sure what he thanks about all this if anything. Its not his problem anymore, thats why he left. To many headaches, and I don't blame him ONE bit!

This is Little Danny boys toy let him continue to FCK it up, hes good at something!

Silly him.

Again, how DARE him deal with life changing experiences and CHANGE his mind.

What was he thinking?

I mean, my lord. He SAID he would be here. I mean, come on Joe, people are NOT allowed to have a change of mind due to experiences that effect them deeply.

I just don't know why he thought he was special like that.

Preach on sistah

:notworthy

If you have observed a group of people working as a unit to perform a task that requires a team coordination, you will probably agree that mistakes occur from not being on the same page. (e.g., in a run play, a RB moves a little bit too far to one side ... and as a consequence, cannot get to block a blitzing CB).

To get people on EXACTLY the same page requires a lot of time together. Repetition after repetition, doing the same things over and over until everything becomes second nature.

Now, if you implement a new system, the players need to learn new positions, re-learn what the assignments are, etc. To get all the players on the same page on the new system will take a while. Just consider how terrible Brunell looked in Al's offense.

I just don't see how one can short-circuit this.

Not sure if you quoted me to add on, or learn me sumtin.

In any event, your preaching to the choir my good friend.

Somewhere between the continuity talk at Gibbs retirement press conference, and the mention of Jim Fassel as a possible head coach, something happened. Snyder obviously talked continuity with a deseased heart, because his actions don't go hand and hand with what he was talking before. I think Joe Gibbs is shocked, because he had hope for the franchise. He's probably thinking, geesh, I could have remained in Nascar and not risked my .670 winning percentage for this crap.

I'm sure Joe Gibbs is sad to be leaving again. Joe put his family before football. I'm sure most would do the same. I admire Joe Gibbs for the good things he had done for this team.

You Joe Gibbs haters should be happy. I hope that you have accomplished and contributed 1/10th of the good, positive things that Joe Gibbs has. I hope the next coach will satisfy you but I doubt it.

Archived