Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now?

SkinsFanRob

How do you think Gibbs feels right about now watching everything he has built over the last four years being torn apart right infront of his eyes? I thought he was staying on as a special advisor to dan snyder. How can he stand by and just let all this happen. I really cant see him approving of whats going on right now, especially the williams situation. This is just so unbelievable. I had very high hopes for the skins after this season, but now it looks like we are heading towards a couple seasons of double digit losses. Win or lose I will still wear my burgundy and gold proudly every sunday. This whole situation however is just completely mind boggling.

Uhhhhh, It's not Gibbs' team. The team belongs to Snyder. It really does not matter.

This is like asking me what I thought about the way they were handling the job that I had at a company after I left. Duh, it's not my problem because I already left and it wasn't "MY" job to begin with - I was simply renting it.

Who says everything is being torn apart, you?

me and about 90% of this board. The fact is that gibbs has put together a good group of guys, a real TEAM. A new head coach is likely to come in and start cutting people and that team aspect will be shattered as new group of players comes in.

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I dont know, but right now its hard to see many positives.

Uhhhhh, It's not Gibbs' team. The team belongs to Snyder. It really does not matter.

This is like asking me what I thought about the way they were handling the job that I had at a company after I left. Duh, it's not my problem because I already left and it wasn't "MY" job to begin with - I was simply renting it.

Well whats the point of Gibbs staying on as a "special advisor" if his say means nothing? What a worthless job that would be. Who knows, Maybe CHUBAKAH is right, maybe it is all Gibbs doing.

I don't think Gibbs would have stressed continuity if this was all his doing. For that matter, why did Snyder emphasize continuity at the same time? It's all very unfortunate and it's hurting the team. I don't think Dan Snyder takes much "advice" from anyone.

I think Gibbs is more worried about how his new Toyotas will do in Daytona. He's probably happy to be done with football, and I cant say I blame him.

I would have to disagree. I truley believe that Gibbs cared about us fans, and that he wanted to win 1 more superbowl for us. However in the end he had to do what was right for him.

me and about 90% of this board. The fact is that gibbs has put together a good group of guys, a real TEAM. A new head coach is likely to come in and start cutting people and that team aspect will be shattered as new group of players comes in.

Maybe the sky isnt falling. I dont know, but right now its hard to see many positives.

I seriously doubt that is as high as 90%, of course it is a pretty well known fact that about 90% of the board don't know their ass from a hole in the ground either when it comes to the Skins.

:laugh:

Fact is, as much of a Gibbs supporter I have always been, he DID NOT get the job done. The team as far as players is damn near 100% changed since he came, and he had the ability to pretty much bring in who he wanted.

I know we are a hell of a lot better off than before he came, but ask yourself this.

Were you satisfied with two playoff appearances, only to lose in the first round?

We are a few players from being an extremely good football team, and that's the good news.

:2cents:

We are a few players from being an extremely good football team, and that's the good news.

This is what worries me. I dont want a new coach coming in and trading some of our key players away and putting us back at square one. This team was definately headed in the right direction, Im just not sure that the types of changes that are being made are going to be beneficial to the team in the long run. Only time will tell my friend. One things for sure however... Its going to be a hell of a long off season.

I seriously doubt that is as high as 90%, of course it is a pretty well known fact that about 90% of the board don't know their ass from a hole in the ground either when it comes to the Skins.

Fact is, as much of a Gibbs supporter I have always been, he DID NOT get the job done. The team as far as players is damn near 100% changed since he came, and he had the ability to pretty much bring in who he wanted.

I know we are a hell of a lot better off than before he came, but ask yourself this.

Were you satisfied with two playoff appearances, only to lose in the first round?

I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, everyone thought making the playoffs was so great, isn't that what you are supposed to do? Thank you for a little common sense. I want a little more than 1 playoff win in 4 years

That is debatable. If it wasn't for the blown leads/oddball calls at crucial times this team could have challenged the Pukes for the division.

I didn't really like GW as HC either, but who can really say that with the same team and systems, fewer injuries next year, that we wouldn't win 10+ games with a HC/OC who wants to win games rather than sit on a lead? And if JC wasn't cutting it then Collins could win some games for us.

I'm not sure that this won't happen anyway, but I can see another offseason FA run like we usually have every other year. On average we lose 3-5 more games after our FA run years so we can likely expect 6-10 or even 4-12 next year.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, everyone thought making the playoffs was so great, isn't that what you are supposed to do? Thank you for a little common sense. I want a little more than 1 playoff win in 4 years

It could be worse......

you could be a cowboys fan! :laugh: :dallasuck

We are a few players from being an extremely good football team, and that's the good news.:2cents:

Given the poll results, I'd say it's time to stop drinking the kool-aid and accept that his number is fairly accurate.

Given the poll results, I'd say it's time to stop drinking the kool-aid and accept that his number is fairly accurate.

Given the posts here on Extremeskins, I'd say my numbers are pretty accurate as well.

Also, for the record, I don't do Koolaid. Never have, never will.

This is what worries me. I dont want a new coach coming in and trading some of our key players away and putting us back at square one. This team was definately headed in the right direction, Im just not sure that the types of changes that are being made are going to be beneficial to the team in the long run. Only time will tell my friend. One things for sure however... Its going to be a hell of a long off season.

I don't think the new coach will have alot of say so about what players leave and which ones are brought in. That will be up to Vinny and Danny.

Gibbs said in his retirement speech that he knew he had to put his family above all else, including his beloved position with the Skins. Overall, he knows he made the right decision for him and his family. Regardless of what we might speculate on his feelings or regrets, he did what he had to do.

I really DON'T know my butt from a hole in the ground. Happily admit to that. LOL. What I do agree with is that 2 playoff appearances in 4 years wasn't that great. The nucleus of the team is better than that. Jason Campbell will only improve as time goes on. I still believe in the team itself. Regardless of how I feel about how poorly the front office is running the show, I think we're close to being a powerhouse team. As far as Gibbs, I'm glad he's gone.

Who cares what Gibbs thinks?

This is all his doing anyway.

First, he failed to build the Redskins FO into the envy of the league. He left it as he found it and just inserted himself at it's top. So, it's the people HE left in charge that are making all the decisions now.

Second, he failed to build this team for the long term. He was the one who tried to build a team that would win and win quickly at the expense of the future. That's why we have a joke like Mark Brunell playing for as long as he did on this team and why we have an overpriced and old offensive line. Seriously, let's look at the 4 years here. What was the plan? Looking back, was there a plan visible on how this team was to be built?

Draft JC, but don't play him or prep him.

Fail to draft or even develop young offensive lineman.

LC and Gardner at wideout. No wait let's go with Santana and Patten. Uh scratch that how about SM, Lloyd and ARE? Okay, how about just SM & ARE?

Oh how about a big receiver yeah that's what we need.

We just finished year 4 of Gibbs 2.0. If he had done a good job, we'd be enjoying the fruits of the rebuilding process. Instead, there was no rebuild. Just a build on the fly mentality designed to win from year to year with sub .500 (31-36) results.

Frankly, I'll always cherish the memories of the REAL Joe Gibbs era 1981-1992. But I'm just going to forget Gibbs 2.0 ever happened. It was just one big complete waste of time and as such, I don't care what he thinks about what is going on right now.

Archived