Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which would surprise most? Grimm making the HOF or Redskins HC? (Merged) M.E.T.

michael_33

It's just a weird and crazy thought,but none-the-less possible....

Grimm being inducted into the HOF, the same year he is hired on as head coach!

So that got me to thinking...Which would be a bigger suprise to all of us?Russ Grimm making the cut and being 1 of the possible 7 candidates to be inducted into the Hall of Fame or Grimm being the "fallback" guy to be introduced as the next Head Coach of the Washington Redskins? :cheers:

Personally,I think it would be cool if both were to happen...

To be honest....As much as we slam Snyder for his "unpredictable" moves in whatever buisness decision it may be...

I would still be more surprised if he was chosen for the HOF way more than being our next head coach!Although I'm sure both seem to be far away from happening....

The Difference:At least the HOF committee actually presents info on why or why not Grimm is a HOFer!I'm wondering if Grimm is even a thought process to Snyderado...? :doh:

The possibility:If Grimm was to be selected for the HOF,I wonder how many "Sudden" openings for his services would become available?

Head Coach openings

---------------------

Redskins

Raiders?

Colts?(if dungy is firm on decision)

Seattle?(same with Holmgren)

Eagles?(does Andy step down?)

There very well could be a couple more openings as there always is!

The parties that decide are both equally insane.

QFT

It's a shame that we are backlogged with Monk that we aren't able to focus as much attention on promoting Grimm. There is zero question whatsoever that he is HOF player.

Probably Grimm as HC, since his name wasn't even being reported as a "top candidate" for the job (as far as I know anyway).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he got inducted to the HOF this year. He was great when he played here, and should be in the HOF. If it happens this year, GREAT. If not, it will happen eventually, I'm sure.

Add the fact that nobody from the "Hogs" is represented in the HOF yet. The fact that this isn't the case shouldn't be a surprise if he gets inducted this year.

Why is no one - fans, media or Skins - mentioning Russ Grimm as a candidate? Maybe I missed it, but he almost got the Bears job in 04 and the Steelers job in 07 but apparently isn't good enough to get even mentioned here? Seriously, does anyone have a good answer? Anyway, it's just no respect for the old Redskins. Speaking of that, see my argument for Art Monk for the Hall of Fame at http://www.coachmike.net/artmonk/artmonk.htm. Thanks.

It's important to note that Grimm hasn't been getting much love on the market this year. He didn't interview too well with the Steelers, and his stock has since fallen.

The Skins shouldn't hire someone for sentimental reasons alone. Spags and Schwartz are coveted by other teams as well. Grimm, not so much right now.

I was just thinking the same thing. Grimm is really the only way Snyder can save any face with a truly irate fanbase. A Washington Post article coming out tomorrow says this is the most angry the Redskins fanbase has ever been and I completely agree. A former Hog who is respected around the league is really the only shot Snyder has. We'll see what happens, but I won't be holding my breath.

I don't think Grimm is dumb enough to come here as long as Danny is the owner.

You are spot on! Who would want to come and coach us? We are already gaining a reputation of being the "duds" of the NFL ...and, leading the charge is Danny boy - who has a lot of growing up to do!:logo:

Archived