Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 RUMOR/SPECULATION: Fassel being Hired, Rex Ryan DC (M.E.T.)

Cambl2Moss

I don't cuss, but...

Time to raise the flag on this one.

:bsflag:

Yea, you have to wonder...I mean, if the whole "GW is gone is Fassel is hired" talk has any validity to it, why would they hire Fassel and not already have a DC lined up should that be the case? It wouldn't make any sense.

980 (internet) just said to expect an announcement soon, maybe tomorrow, then called Fassel the leading candidate and Ryan a possibility for DC, also mentioning compensation paid for Ryan.

My interpretation: did NOT sound like Fassel is a shoo-in, but they're definitely pushing him as the leading candidate.

Didn't sound very solid to me overall, but the "expect an announcement soon" seems like a development.

They also said something about GW's relationship with VC too much to overcome.

I'm sure we'll give the ravens all sorts of compensation for Ryan - if this is in fact true. And it'll be a shame when he leaves after next year to take a HC position. Especially after we start turning the roster over on defense to get some guys compatible with playing the 3-4.

All that said, I've thought for a while that the 3-4 is the way to go in today's nfl. Seems more suited to stop pass happy offenses. By confusing the QB.

Paying compensation for Ryan seems like a terrible move to me. The guy will be in demand for HC jobs in the next year or two. So in essence we'll be renting a coach at a high price. Marvin Lewis 2.0, except it will take picks and not just dollars.

If he's smart Ryan will just refuse to coach for B-more and ask to be let out of his contract.

But don't think Ryan is only a 3-4 guy. That is definitely not the case. Keep in mind that his dad is the guy who taught Gregg.

If true then we are right back to being the Joke of the NFL

Starting over with Fassel as head coach?? :doh:

Dan and Vinny show for you

I hope this isn't true

i think we've already reached the joke status as of a few weeks ago. what a terrible turn of events. gibbs retires thinking the ship has been righted, but no, dan had to give the keys to the ship right back to vinny for him to screw it all up again...awesome :doh:

Archived