Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 RUMOR/SPECULATION: Fassel being Hired, Rex Ryan DC (M.E.T.)

Cambl2Moss

I tell you one thing, if Snyder does hire Fassel and we have a great season, Snyder will look like a dam genius, cause right now this does not look like a good move.

Well, that is the only 2 ways he can go.

He'll either look like a shrewd genius for bringing in a guy NO ONE had any inerest in as HC and winning SB glory, or he will look like a complete buffon for bringing in a guy NO ONE had any interest in as a HC, and falling completely on his face. :)

I'm sure we'll give the ravens all sorts of compensation for Ryan - if this is in fact true. And it'll be a shame when he leaves after next year to take a HC position. Especially after we start turning the roster over on defense to get some guys compatible with playing the 3-4.

All that said, I've thought for a while that the 3-4 is the way to go in today's nfl. Seems more suited to stop pass happy offenses. By confusing the QB.

I absolutely agree about the 3-4 and the modern NFL. It's all about an efficient passing offense and a running game setup by the pass. Sure the Skins are good against the run, which makes the other team one dimensional, but there are more better QBs than bad QBs that can pick it apart if given time.

Unless you have a front four like the Giants who can generate a Pass rush on their own, you need to blitz. Our front four was adequate but that allows the other team that extra second or two. Thus it's easier via scheme in a 3-4.

It's going to be till at least the 2nd year that we can hope to go back to the playoffs. Dallas took their lumps and made the change, they just have a crappy secondary.

Paying compensation for Ryan seems like a terrible move to me. The guy will be in demand for HC jobs in the next year or two. So in essence we'll be renting a coach at a high price. Marvin Lewis 2.0, except it will take picks and not just dollars.

If he's smart Ryan will just refuse to coach for B-more and ask to be let out of his contract.

But don't think Ryan is only a 3-4 guy. That is definitely not the case. Keep in mind that his dad is the guy who taught Gregg.

Rex Ryan was fired with Billick and some other assistants. I would think this means he is no longer under contract.

Rex Ryan runs the 46, like his Dad and like Williams,his brother Rob Ryan runs the 3-4.

You're in luck, the media is batting a whopping .000 on this coaching search, just like the rest of us. So take consolation in that.:)

I'm not sure they know any more than we do.

Maybe Gregg insisted Vinny get the heck out of Redskins Park. That might be the sticking point?? :2cents:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWCREDSKINS

Tell me this guy is deaf. We better not give draft picks for Rex Ryan. Come on, utter stupidity. Some one tell me why I root for this team?

Exactly what I was thinking

Trust me friends...I wish I were deaf. Lets hope its not true. Thanks for most of you not attacking me...Like I said, it was just what I heard...

Archived