Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF? Did Steinberg take a shot at ES?

TCO

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/01/redskinscom_delivers_the_truth.html

"The Next Coach Will Be.... (Which is a link to the message board, which has evidently banned anyone who "doesn't have a clue but yet makes an opinion.")"

Seems like someone didn't really read the boards to see what type of people are really here.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but this day sucks. If Fassell is named HC, I'm going to barf.

DS: Well it's not filtered by a 26-year old reporter that really doesn't know necessarily what's really going on. Doesn't necessarily meet with the coaches, the players, that doesn't have a clue but yet makes an opinion about a left tackle in comments that you say to yourself, 'You know, they obviously don't have a clue what's really going on.' So what we're delivering is the truth.

You can stop reading Dan Steinberg's blog after this quote, because though the age Snyder quotes may not be Steinberg's age, the quote is most definitely a description of him. While Extremeskins.com is technically a part of Redskins.com, they are largely seperate entities. If I wanted to read official news regarding the team, I would go to Redskins.com. If I wanted to read fan opinions and rumors, I would go to Extremeskins.com

I was banned in this thread after suggesting the only reason Art's threads achieve multiple stars was because of his mod status in response to being consistently having my intelligence attacked for suggesting we should have just kept Clark instead of signing Archuleta.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192852

I consider that being banned for having an opinion because I was considered as a person who "doesn't have a clue".

You can stop reading Dan Steinberg's blog after this quote, because though the age Snyder quotes may not be Steinberg's age, the quote is most definitely a description of him. While Extremeskins.com is technically a part of Redskins.com, they are largely seperate entities. If I wanted to read official news regarding the team, I would go to Redskins.com. If I wanted to read fan opinions and rumors, I would go to Extremeskins.com

#1-WTF is up with the size of your sig?

#2- Plenty of news stories and press releases have been announced on ES.

Guest ComebackKing

He is right though, I don't know about banning but I was on last night and I was trying to respond to like 4 different threads in a span of 5-10 minutes and each got locked or deleted as I was typing. It was rather scary.

I was banned in this thread after suggesting the only reason Art's threads achieve multiple stars was because of his mod status in response to being consistently having my intelligence attacked for suggesting we should have just kept Clark instead of signing Archuleta.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192852

I consider that being banned for having an opinion because I was considered as a person who "doesn't have a clue".

Then you still don't have a clue. :)

#1-WTF is up with the size of your sig?

#2- Plenty of news stories and press releases have been announced on ES.

1) Yeah. Get that fixed.:)

2) New stories with links that go back to their original source. Just like the original post in this thread. Press releases to everyone on the PR Dept's mailing list. In fact, just yesterday, JLC had a blog enrty that was nothing more then the same press release I had posted on here minutes before.

2) New stories with links that go back to their original source. Just like the original post in this thread. Press releases to everyone on the PR Dept's mailing list. In fact, just yesterday, JLC had a blog enrty that was nothing more then the same press release I had posted on here minutes before.

I didn't mean that to say ES was an exclusive news breaker, but that you'd most likely find it on ES BEFORE you'd find it on redskins.com

He is right though, I don't know about banning but I was on last night and I was trying to respond to like 4 different threads in a span of 5-10 minutes and each got locked or deleted as I was typing. It was rather scary.

He is right, but you don't know about banning?

Which is it?

Hmmm, Dan Steinberg been allowed to roam in the tailgates before games, and this lawlessness is how we're repaid for our leniency?

I think the next tailgate he attends, he's going to have to go through "Crossing the Desert" followed by "The Unseeing Eye." Then we'll attach the Stone of Shame.

Yes, I've just somehow combined Braveheart with the Simpsons. Deserving? I think so!

Guest ComebackKing
He is right, but you don't know about banning?

Which is it?

I have no way of knowing if they were banned, all I know is numerous threads I was attemping to post in magically disappeared. :)

Now far be it for me to tell Mr. Snyder how to run his own Internet, but if I were him I'd throw up every interview and the length of each interview as soon as it happened, graphically chart the progress of Redskins One across the country every time it moved an inch, include profiles of every candidate who's been interviewed and post breaking news whenever the next interview was scheduled. To me, that would not only be "the truth," it would be wildly popular among fans and would put the professional rumor-mongerers out of business, which was supposed to be the point.

Perhaps this was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else, but as unrealistic as it really is, this makes a point. Putting forth your own truth derails the rumoring before it starts. But what does rumoring really hurt? It gives us something to do at least.

Maybe when the new HC finally is announced, then Snyder can offer up a recap of the whole search process. I'm sure that part would be interesting to most on this site. If only to see how close some of these wild projections were to actually happening.

Then again, another problem I've got is that we're entering the offseason "no wake" zone, but I'm still moving at regular season speed.

I've e-mailed Dan about his claim & asked him provide a link to his claim.

MHO, 21 is that one of the reasons our community gets flak from time to time is because of the defensive attitude we sometimes take towards outsiders. I'm not looking to be a prick by saying this, but it's my 2 cents.

I have no way of knowing if they were banned, all I know is numerous threads I was attemping to post in magically disappeared. :)

They were either merged or lock as they were duplicate threads. You'd think we'd have some Forum Rules around here or something. Oh wait.....:)

4. Please post your message in the appropriate forum. Familiarize yourself with each forum description. Please be considerate and respectful to our visitors who frequent particular forums to gain knowledge on particular topics. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics on an inappropriate forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators may move your post if it more relevant to another forum.

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted. If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts.

Adherence to this rule assists visitors in utilizing discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed, and potentially prevents multiple threads being started on the same topic.

Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content, provided without the editorializing of titles by members.

9. False posts or misleading subject titles are prohibited. Deception at the expense of the audience devalues the medium and the content it provides. Violation of this rule is regarded as a serious offense.

MHO, 21 is that one of the reasons our community gets flak from time to time is because of the defensive attitude we sometimes take towards outsiders. I'm not looking to be a prick by saying this, but it's my 2 cents.

While I'm typically pretty critical of this site, I think what 21 did was a good thing to do. Back-up what you say.

While I'm typically pretty critical of this site, I think what 21 did was a good thing to do. Back-up what you say.

I'm not saying it was wrong, or trying to tell him what to do. I'm saying from an outsiders perspective this board at times looks elitist and defensive. I personally have nothing against other boards or blogs and was always put off by the strange competitiveness between them.

My opinion (again, I'm not telling 21 or any other mod what to do, just putting in 2 cents) is that it may be more effective to show the rules to someone like DS so he can see that this isn't a willy nilly throw out whoever doesn't step in line kind of place. Or invite him to spend a day or two here so he can see that they keep this place running when other boards get taken over by trolls and sidetracked all the time. The mods truly make this board a place worth coming to, I couldn't appreciate them more.

Archived