Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Gibbs retired, if someone had told you...

Hooper

I don't think Fassel would bring Ryan, Fassel ran a 4-3 with Giants so my guess is he knows some 4-3 guys. I just don't understand why Vinnie and Danny are so in love with the guy when no one else is. Once again Danny thinks the best toy is in someone else's yard.

I would be incredibly angry if Fassel was hired. If this team wants to go in a NEW direction, we must get a NEW coach. Fassel has had his chance, and he's screwed up to the point where he can't even be a competent offensive assistant coach to one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL (Baltimore). Either dance with the girl you brought (Grilliams), or find a new hottie...not the school mattress.

As a New Yorker, I can tell you this.......If, Jim Fassel gets this head coaching job, you may as well, start looking for another team. Dan Snyder's decision to hire Fassel (or Pete Carroll) over Greg Williams or even Al Saunders will spell absolute disaster for the Redskins franchise for the next 3-4 years!

-Jim Fassel hired as new head coach

-Fassel brings in his good friend(still good friends after firing in Balt.) Brian Billick as OC

-They bring in Rex Ryan (snubbed for Balt. job) as DC after Williams obviously leaves.

-Ryan runs the 3-4 so Carter(the only guy we have to rush the passer) goes back to LB after finally getting used to DL with 10.5 sacks.

-Players must adjust to yet another new coaching staff, offensively and defensively.

-Campbell must learn yet another offense.

-This doesnt include the direction they will go with the salary cap, personel moves, etc. (Portis cut, Betts the starter?)

-Another 5+ years of "We are still trying to adjust and find what we do best"

I'm not saying this is going to happen but you never know. You can see what a Jim Fassel hiring could potentially lead to. Everyone step right up, the circus is in town...

Yeah, except Ringling Brothers is the greatest show on earth. I dont think we're gonna be so great.

-Jim Fassel hired as new head coach

-Fassel brings in his good friend(still good friends after firing in Balt.) Brian Billick as OC

-They bring in Rex Ryan (snubbed for Balt. job) as DC after Williams obviously leaves.

-Ryan runs the 3-4 so Carter(the only guy we have to rush the passer) goes back to LB after finally getting used to DL with 10.5 sacks.

-Players must adjust to yet another new coaching staff, offensively and defensively.

-Campbell must learn yet another offense.

-This doesnt include the direction they will go with the salary cap, personel moves, etc. (Portis cut, Betts the starter?)

-Another 5+ years of "We are still trying to adjust and find what we do best"

I'm not saying this is going to happen but you never know. You can see what a Jim Fassel hiring could potentially lead to. Everyone step right up, the circus is in town...

Well I'm gonna say it, Redskins fans have many dark days ahead

I don't think that Fassel would bring in Rex Ryan, unless there's some more buddy-buddy agreements with Billick. Johnnie Lynn was a defensive assistant for all the years in NY under Fassel (Defensive coordinator in 2002-03). Now, he's the 49ers secondary coach, after serving under Billick with the Ravens.

Johnnie Lynn: http://49ers.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=25

Prior to joining the Ravens, Lynn spent seven seasons with the New York Giants, serving five seasons (1997-01) as secondary coach before being promoted to defensive coordinator for the 2002 and 2003 seasons. In his first season as defensive coordinator, the Giants stingy defense ranked third in the NFL in scoring defense, allowing only 17.4 points per game. The Giants also finished ninth in total yardage defense (309.3 ypg) and ninth in passing defense (194.9 ypg).

I don't care what Snyder says ... I have a hard time thinking that Gibbs is not giving his recommendation to Snyder for GW as the HC.

I just hope Danny realizes that we are admitting the Gibbs II era was a failure if we hire Fassel (which means bye bye AS and GW). I mean, one more year ... is that too much to ask? We've already been through a decade of mediocrity and borderline failure.

What the hell would one more year hurt? Then try to get Cowher or another young gun. Fassell will still be available next year, there is no one clamoring over his services now, nor will there be in the immediate future.

Seems like we will once again be placing our eggs in another basket next year. Sadly, the excitement I felt about this team, that Gibbs helped build, the winning attitude and the overcoming of adversity in the most trying times. i don;t see how cutting the direct link to him is going in the right direction. Just my $.02.

I feel beat up over all this.

Archived