Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Gibbs retired, if someone had told you...

Hooper

... that our next head coach would be Jim Fassel.

That we would lose Saunders and Williams.

That Vinny's power would be confirmed.

I mean, this is worst case scenario stuff, folks.

Holy low expectations next year.

But still, for what it's worth, hail.

... that our next head coach would be Jim Fassel.

That we would lose Saunders and Williams.

That Vinny's power would be confirmed.

I mean, this is worst case scenario stuff, folks.

Holy low expectations next year.

But still, for what it's worth, hail.

None of that besides vinny is guareenteed or even close to happening...

Post this when it happens...

Even if GW was not the best person to lead the team in the future, he was certainly qualified to lead the skins for the short-term(1-3 yrs). Fassel is a retread that hasn't done anything in the NFL. The players respected and played hard for Gibbs because the man has 3 rings!

this is the worst possible scenario.. i guess its too early to tell what the shake up is going to be from this. But i just can't see GW or Al coaching if Fassel is hired

as of HC. For GW it would be slap in the face, after all of the endorsing by coaches, players, fans, etc and Fassel comes in and becomes the HC. For Al, i just don't think

he was ever in control of the offense until tail end of the season, Gibbs handicapped him, JC and the Offense and now he is the scape goat.... I'm going into depression

I agree...it seems scary as hell, but Ive learned that you never know. When Joe was rehired, I was positive we'd be in at least 2 Super Bowls before he left. Instead we struggled to make it in to the playoffs as the 6th seed twice, having to win every last game to do so. Maybe Fassel comes in here (or Williams) and something finally clicks. None of us really know...maybe this thing really is headed in the right direction. Ill be here regardless.

I would've threw up in my mouth. I already did a little bit.

Re-tread coach who was never that successful to begin with in New York and sucked as Baltimore's offensive coordinator.

What am I missing here? Did he say, "Dan, you do whatever you want, you and Vinny, I'll defer to you no matter what, it's your show..." and did GW not make that same pledge?

Fassel as Head Coach is a nightmare scenario. Scrap stability. It's over.

I have this image of a little kid that was punished for being bad by having his favorite toy being taken away. Now, that punishment has ended and the toy has been returned to him. Now he is going to squeeze that toy as hard as he can and never let it out of his site again. He figures he can deal with the repercussions later.

If Fassel starts off 1-4 or 2-5, there will be alot of pressure to fire his ass

First of all, members on this board would probably lead an actual revolt to Redskins Park rather than the support shown to Gibbs and the team when they came back from games. Hahaha. For the record, I do think that Fassel is the worst of the potential candidates.

First of all, members on this board would probably lead an actual revolt to Redskins Park rather than the support shown to Gibbs and the team when they came back from games. Hahaha. For the record, I do think that Fassel is the worst of the potential candidates.

At least Jim Schwartz had the young-up-and-coming type reputation.

Fassel has been FIRED the last two jobs he had. What on earth is left to think about???

If someone would've told me this all would happen I would say that Snyder is once again more concerned with fantasy football. Face it, the hiring of Fassel (if it happens) and Vinny's promotion he is going to need to bring in some big name free-agents to keep the fans interested.

I'm so sick of the hypocrisy here.

Those who always keep a negative outlook on things and have an issue with a certain player or coach say "Well, this is a 'what have you done lately' league, and our coaches and players have done nothing lately". Ok, if you wanna go that route, that's fine. But then, when faced with a player or coach that they don't like doing well, they go and turn around and look at their friggin past!

I'm sorry... but Vinny and his staff did a great job this year no matter how you look at it. We had guys who stepped in to fill roles that almost every other team in the NFL would not be able to fill, and do it admirably. We've got a team that has talent over-flowing all over the place, and we have a ton of depth in many positions. If you want to be negative and complain using the excuse of "what have you done for me lately", than you can't be down on Vinny. Cuz lately, he's done a lot damnit.

If Fassel is hired, the more i think about it, Snyder hired Gibbs as a marketing ploy to get the fans back on his side. Its a win-win. Gibbs is god here in washington and if he gets a superbowl in his 2nd stint, that means $$$$$

Not that hard to imagine. I mean Danny is interested in money first and foremost. If by some chance the Redskins win along the way great. The Redskins are the second most profitable francise behind Dallas and haven't done squat. As long as he owns this team it will never be successful and that's the plain simple truth.

Archived