Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Army looking for more high school dropouts

Thanos

What isn't good about it?

In Britain, our armed forces recruit people for roles with 0 qualifications whatsoever in some roles. Generally they look for recruits across the board to possess GCSE education standards (the equivalent of a high school diploma for a guess - kids sit exams in 8-12 subjects when they get to 16 yrs old basically and then leave school) or higher education. Any that don't make the grade however aren't immediately shunned by any stretch of the imagination, in fact the complete opposite. They are actively encouraged to better themselves through hard work towards any number of qualifications and skills that will benefit them back in civillian life AND in the armed forces too.

To be a good soldier you need to be mentally strong and possess a degree of common sense. The rest can be taught in a much more disciplined environment than any school I have ever been in.

These are obviously not our best and brightest.

I love it when the fascists love to suck up to our military (that's what fascsist do - look it up if you'd like) as if these people are somehow better than everyone else. Yea, it's great for them to put their life on the line (in this case for an unworthy cause overseas), but almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs. Also, almost all of them are doing it mostlly for the money and/or because they simply have no other opportunities (not that this is necessarily their fault, though). I'm not being less American, I'm being more honest.

HOO-HAH!

I actually agree wit Loxely to a large degree...it is good both for the Army and the recruits.

ATV on the other hand is showcasing his lack of intelligence :laugh:

While there are many that enlist that are hardly college material(nothing wrong with that), there exists standards that reward intelligence and a much higher baseline than the private sector.

I love it when the fascists love to suck up to our military (that's what fascsist do - look it up if you'd like) as if these people are somehow better than everyone else. Yea, it's great for them to put their life on the line (in this case for an unworthy cause overseas), but almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs. Also, almost all of them are doing it mostlly for the money and/or because they simply have no other opportunities (not that this is necessarily their fault, though). I'm not being less American, I'm being more honest.

HOO-HAH!

You are way out of line here.

"....there exists standards that reward intelligence and a much higher baseline than the private sector."

You mean all those dumb private sector people that don't have high school diplomas? What "private sector" are you talking about? The poor uneducated people that haven't entered the military yet?

Edit - No, I didn't say every enlisted person is stupid. I don't mean these persons are necessarily bad people, either. I need to go out, I'll argue with the pseudo-fascists later.

"....there exists standards that reward intelligence and a much higher baseline than the private sector."

You mean all those dumb private sector people that don't have high school diplomas? What "private sector" are you talking about? The poor uneducated people that haven't entered the military yet?

Are you saying there are no people employed with GED's or less?

The military is not unlike the private sector in that skills and intelligence determine your worth and advancement.

The military needs cooks,janitors and most other jobs filled as well as the more skilled or technical ones.

Added

What you said was

""almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs. "" :rolleyes:

Which makes you a idiot or blinded by your prejudices....or both :2cents:

Edit - No, I didn't say every enlisted person is stupid. I don't mean these persons are necessarily bad people, either. I need to go out, I'll argue with the pseudo-fascists later.

The kind that figured out the quote button? :whoknows:

almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs. I'm not being less American, I'm being more honest.

HOO-HAH!

""almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs. "" :rolleyes:

Which makes you a idiot or blinded by your prejudices....or both :2cents:

I completely agree with twa. ATV's comment is incredibly arrogant. Problem is, people who make such comments don't recognize them as being arrogant.

HOO-HAH!

Please permit me to point out that, over and above the "candidate for most ignorant post in the history of Tailgate" level of both ignorance and arrogance displayed in this post, at least one of the regular posters here has two children who both chose to turn down college and volunteer for the military, instead.

And somehow, I suspect that if I were a parent who's children had declined college educations in favor of a life-risking tour of service to country, I'd rather resent your assertion that my children were too stupid to know what they were doing.

HOO-HAH!

No, you're talking out of your ass. And out of ignorance

Nothing new :rolleyes:

I've had this on my mind for a while, this is as good of a thread to bring it up: an 18 year old male, with no high school diploma cannot be trusted under ANY circumstances to be responsible with alcohol in this country. He is however eligible for the draft, or in this case, a welcome recruit to the armed forces where they might stick him in a multi million dollar piece of machinery like an M1A1 and trust him to end the life of other men if necessary.

Better not take a swig of jack daniels though.

Eat some numbers and revel in your ignorance

http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/library/airforcepersonnelstatistics.asp

Academic education

- 50.63 percent of the officers have advanced or professional degrees

-- 40.04 percent have master's degrees, 9.28 percent have professional degrees and 1.31 percent have doctorate degrees

-- 24.11 percent of company grade officers have advanced degrees; 17.19 percent have master's degrees, 6.64 percent have professional degrees and 0.29 percent have doctorate degrees

-- 85.19 percent of field grade officers have advanced degrees; 69.75 percent have master's degrees, 12.79 percent have professional degrees and 2.66 percent have doctorate degrees

- 99.96 percent of the enlisted force have at least a high school education

-- 72.64 percent have some semester hours towards a college degree

-- 17.06 percent have an associate's degree or equivalent semester hours

-- 4.97 percent have a bachelor's degree

-- 0.76 percent have a master's degree

-- 0.01 percent have a professional or doctorate degree

I submit that the "dumb as a doorknob" ones reside in the cake eating civilian community. I have to imagine that percentage-wise there are more non-high school diploma losers floating around the civilian world than there are in the military.

Do yourself a favor. Man up and join the military for a few years. You might learn something

I've had this on my mind for a while, this is as good of a thread to bring it up: an 18 year old male, with no high school diploma cannot be trusted under ANY circumstances to be responsible with alcohol in this country. He is however eligible for the draft, or in this case, a welcome recruit to the armed forces where they might stick him in a multi million dollar piece of machinery like an M1A1 and trust him to end the life of other men if necessary.

Better not take a swig of jack daniels though.

Probably could use its own thread, i'd hate to see the ATV-Clowning thread move off that topic.

My view is that an 18 year old in the army is TRAINED to use that M1A1. No one says much to American kids about the dangers of alcohol.

Now that we are winning the war and even the dumb liberals can't deny what they are seeing-

they have to resort to sliming and insulting our military.

Oh, but NEVER QUESTION THEIR PATRIOTISM!! :puke:

Really?

How exactly do you win an occupation?

Gen Patreus said that the only way to measure the success of an occupation is by what happens after the occupying force leaves.

Even dumb liberals know that...so how can you or anyone else claim victory or that we are winning? Keep in mind that we have been there for over 4 years so the surge you are touting as victory is a hiccup in a hurricane. If I had to guess it is because you are at the Pentagon in your pretty blue uniform picking out drapes instead of fighting.

:laugh:

They could solve the manpower problem if they'd abolish don't ask don't tell. I guess hating teh gay is more important than stopping al-Qaeda.

DADT is unAmerican IMO. Why does some of the military hate America? :mad:

but almost all of enlisted people are dumb as doorknobs.

Awesome. This doorknob should probably quit working on his Master's degree then.

You've made some of the most ludicrous claims I've seen in a while. I have 20 or so people in my section, and even the ones on the dull side are smarter than half the people I worked with in the civilian world. You do know that the military employs aircraft, computers, robotics and other assorted gadgetry that requires a bit of intellect to operate and maintain?

HOO-HAH!

OH Man are you serious??? Almost all enlisted men are as dumb as doorknobs and they do it for the money??

ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS, I am offended by that comment I enlisted, I have a college degree and I and all the men I served with did it more the the pride and feeling of acomplishment not to mention the patriotic side. You my friend have no idea what you are talkingabout

They could solve the manpower problem if they'd abolish don't ask don't tell. I guess hating teh gay is more important than stopping al-Qaeda.

DADT is unAmerican IMO. Why does some of the military hate America? :mad:

Well instead of making outrageous, baseless claims, I thought I'd actually use facts in this argument. Our military represents about .4% of the population of the United States. Current figures for homosexuality rates is 2.4% of males. Females are less, but we'll use the higher number. Males and females of military age are about 27% of the population. If 2% of those are gay, that gives us a pool of 1,640,000 or so potential recruits. We'll assume that the percentage of these people who would want to join the military is the same as the percentage of the population currently in the military. That would gives us .4% of 1.6 million, or about 6500 recruits.

Yep, you're right, that totally solves any manpower shortage.

Archived