Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Army looking for more high school dropouts

Thanos

I'm going to tread lightly in this one, but I did see an expose on on of those news magazine shows (48 hrs I think) and they interviewed a former recruiter who said they prey on the poor, the students who drop out, nearly drop out and the kids they know have no way of getting to college or don't know how to get to college. Alot of them promise an education, but they said most do not actually end up getting their college degrees throught the service. I have no link, just a show I watched one night. The recruiters have a quota of recruits needed every month and are under such pressure, they'll say or do anything to get a kid to sign. It's almost like a scam.

I had a friend who went in the Navy, they taught him to be an interpretor (not sure exactly what he did) and they promised him college and a great career. He never completed the college because of his duties and when he was given his honerable discharge, he tried to get a good job and he ended up taking a job for less than $30K. There was no market for an ex-navy interpretor I guess.

And your friend could have gotten a college education with his military tuition. Sounds like your friend gave up or is just to busy to go to College now that he is out.

Living next to the biggest infantry base in America (Fort Benning), I can say from my experiences that everything you have said is close to being dead on. :applause:

Many soldiers I have met are very lazy and have a sense of entitlement. They feel that they should get a military "discount" for anything and everything they purchase. Why should they get a discount at all?

The worst part of being close to a military base is the night life. Soldiers are the worst behaved persons when drunk in my experience. Downtown Columbus is crawling with MPs every night, hauling GIs to jail. That is all the Columbus area needs, is an influx of more highschool dropouts.

For once in your life, take a trip out of Columbus and experience the same type of nuisance that the rest of America is experiencing. Welcome to the United States of America.

Since you seem to dislike the Military, try moving back to Mayberry

Oh BTW, take the military out of your town and you have no town.

Living next to the biggest infantry base in America (Fort Benning), I can say from my experiences that everything you have said is close to being dead on. :applause:

Many soldiers I have met are very lazy and have a sense of entitlement. They feel that they should get a military "discount" for anything and everything they purchase. Why should they get a discount at all?

Lazy Benning???????????

Home of the Army Rangers!! and Special Forces? I spent a lot of time at Benning and Lazy does not come to mind. Most of the hardest training is done there.. What you consider lazy is a day off from serving their country.

Your also agains the Military Discount? Do you realize that a soldier gets paid very very little for the job he does? You as intolerable as ATV

Archived