Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Redskins fan obit

gridironmike

I work at a DaimlerChrysler Jeep Dodge dealership and one of our long-time customers just passed away. My boss (who happens to be a Redskins fan) told me to read his obituary a few moments ago. Here it is and may he rest in peace.

http://www.register-herald.com/archivesearch/local_story_016221035.html

Stanley ‘Toe’ Hollinghead

LESLIE — Stanley “Toe” Hollinghead, 83, of Leslie, died early Monday morning at his home following a long illness.

Born May 8, 1924, at Greenwood, he was the son of the late Fred R. and Mary Mixon Hollinghead.

Toe often enjoyed woodworking, hunting, and was always busy with community efforts and other activities. He was a politician, and often called the “Mayor of Leslie.” He ran for public office on the Democratic Executive Committee. One of his greatest joys was watching the Washington Redskins beat the Dallas Cowboys. He retired from coal mining after 43 years in the mines.

Other than his parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters, Bea Jackson and Cicely Seay and three brothers, Cleve, Spencer, and Nathanial Hollinghead.

Those left to cherish his memory is his loving wife of 56 years, Rosie C. Hollinghead; six daughters, Sheila Smith and husband, Billy of Roanoke, Va., Faye Wicks and husband, Harold of Indianapolis, Ind., Debra Pannell of Roanoke, Rosemary Carter and husband, Kenny of Killeen, Texas, Flora Christian and husband, Charles of Beckley, Carol Ann Marshall of Alderson; three sons, Keith Hollinghead and wife, Diana of Quinwood, Stanley “Skip” Hollinghead of Leslie, and Brian Hollinghead of Leslie; a sister, Clara Wicks of Quinwood; a brother, Fred R. Hollinghead and wife, Ethel of Toledo, Ohio; 21 grandchildren, and 20 great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, and friends.

Service will be 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, at Wallace & Wallace Chapel in Rainelle with the Rev. Ronnie Sherrod officiating, assisted by Pastor Delores Hubbard. Burial will follow at Trail’s End Cemetery, Clintonville.

Friends may call 6 to 8 p.m. today, Thursday at the funeral home.

Arrangements by Wallace & Wallace Funeral Home, Rainelle.

Arrangements by Wallace & Wallace Funeral Home, Rainelle.
Wallace & Wallace do a good job. They have buried many of my family members out of their Ansted branch, with all the dressing taking place in Rainelle. Very respectful and very accomodating.

Sorry to hear about his passing, but good to see a fellow die-hard go out on top!

Archived