Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Jordy Nelson!

illone

i got bets that say theres no way he makes it past mid 3rd. some boards have him as high as first round value. i think at this point no one knows where to put him. my guess is late second to early third when its all said and done. reminds me a lot of greg jennings.

No way dude. KState was a horrible team this season so this guy received NO attention all year. Everyone is enamored with James Hardy and now Adrian Arrington. This guy will be around in the 2nd day man.

At least I hope:paranoid:

I'm pretty sure, though.

nfl and college are so different when it comes to the passing game. defenses are different and "being open" is totally different in and of itself. don't even get me started on game plans/blitz packages & the fact that everyone in the show has speed.

it's funny. more than any other position, wr is the most difficult position to predict success...it's a total crap shoot.

if it were me, you look at measurables (not speed), but size, heart and the willingness to be physical. doesn't matter where he went to school or what his stats were.

all that being said, we do need to find a #1. (not via free agency please)

We need to find a compliment to Moss. Moss is capable of being a #1, but Randel El is just a very very poor man's Santana Moss. We need a guy like Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly here.

Essentially, a WR whose more like Cooley- sure handed with decent speed. Sweed is tall and has nice hands to go over the middle, and if he goes disrespected, he'll certainly go over the top. If nothing else, sending him on a post and Moss on a fly leaves the Safeties in a mess.

I definitely like what I see out of him. He has great hands and would be an excellent compliment to our speedsters. As others have mentioned, he has the heart and work ethic. It would be hard to argue with this pick if we took him in the 3rd.

Dang that sounds alot like Anthony Mix;) :dallasuck

only problem is Mix supposedly has a bad rep of underachieving and not working hard. dont think you can say the same bout Jordy. that being said hopefully jason can have a positive infkuence on Mix and get him playing to potential:dallasuck

Dude, its harder to teach great hands..this kid has great hands and instinct..route running comes with practice..

'cept for this guy named Brandon LLoyd... :mad:

Or something like that. ;)

Pretty impressive stuff though. Wouldn't mind giving the kid a shot with a late pick.

Man, I've been all over the draft posts lobbying for this guy. I think he would be a second day steal!

Check out this one....

:applause:

4.3 forty speed very impressive with that kind of size...Where is he projected to get drafted 3rd rounder? if so it would be very tempting.. Need 1st Right DE,2nd CB*(if Springs leaves), and we have to pick up some young O lineman talent.:dallasuck

4.3 forty speed very impressive with that kind of size...Where is he projected to get drafted 3rd rounder? if so it would be very tempting.. Need 1st Right DE,2nd CB*(if Springs leaves), and we have to pick up some young O lineman talent.:dallasuck

He actually doesn't have a great 40 (4.5) but does have football speed that makes up for that. They have him projected in the 4th.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=12364

He actually doesn't have a great 40 (4.5) but does have football speed that makes up for that. They have him projected in the 4th.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=12364

Well the annoncer was saying he had 4.3 speed? Anyhow that might be a problem since we don't have a fourth (thx FO for Duckett) or sixth round pick this year.. Would definitely be a heck of a steal in the 5th.:point2sky :dallasuck

I say no. But I am a KU Jayhawks fan. Let's not draft him. He'd just be an Anthony Gonzalez (assuming that's how you spell his last name). WRs are the last thing we need. Besides, we always hunt in the F/A for WRs.

What's wrong with Anthony Gonzalez? :rolleyes:

After Harrison retires or is cut, he'll start and will be a 1000 yards per season WR.

40 time doesn't mean much. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.6 at the combine.

It's a little early to judge Jarrett considering Carolina has a horrible oline, no running game, and played QB carousel all year:doh:

Actually, you can't coach hands or speed... The guy has hands, but if he runs a 4.6, he doesn't have much chance. Anquan Boldin and Jerry Rice are the two players with really slow 40 times that people keep mentioning, but it's not like those guys grow on trees. It's repeated over-and-over, whenever someone (like Jarrett) is mentioned. You can't blame Carolina's play on Dwayne Jarrett's performance (or vice versa)... If he was any good, he'd have probably had more than 6 catches the entire season and played in more than 7 games (since this team was desperate for another wide receiver opposite Steve Smith). Drew Carter caught 38 balls, Keary Colbert caught 32 balls (and 6 TDs between them). Even Christian Fauria (remember him?) caught 5 balls and 2 TDs! Dwayne Jarret caught 6 balls for 73 yards (granted, it's 4 more balls than Brandon Lloydd caught for us all season).

OK, so the guy could improve (nowhere to really go but up anyway)... However, how many truly great NFL receivers do you know who ran a 4.6 40 and only caught 6 balls in their rookie season? The guy will be mediocre at best...

BTW, 40 times do matter...

It's basically a crap shoot and a "I told you so", most often people are wrong, let alone scouts looking at talent.

It's all about desire and getting a chance.

Do you think Marques Colston would be this great if taken in the 7th round by Atlanta or Miami? No but, being on the right team with an opportunity gives one a chance. Colston, certainly surprised, being the 33rd ranked WR to come out of college by some experts.

Would guys like Rod Smith have flourished being undrafted if he was undrafted/signed by a team like Chicago? He got his first chance in 97, who's better John Elway or Erik Kramer.

Right place at the right time by the right team, I do not want to take a WR in this draft. If we can get any WR as an undrafted WR that produces, that is all the bonus we could ask for.

Any one of our lower named guys could surprise. Just ask the guys with a man-crush on Espy.

I would prefer to develop Mix or to pick up undrafted WR's.

Archived