Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Jordy Nelson!

illone

Did you even watch the clip?

:laugh:

Yeah I did, and it showed him making some pretty great catches that were behind over or way in front of him. Brandon Lloyd made the same catches in SF, but he's a crap receiver cause he sucks at running routes.

nfl and college are so different when it comes to the passing game. defenses are different and "being open" is totally different in and of itself. don't even get me started on game plans/blitz packages & the fact that everyone in the show has speed.

it's funny. more than any other position, wr is the most difficult position to predict success...it's a total crap shoot.

if it were me, you look at measurables (not speed), but size, heart and the willingness to be physical. doesn't matter where he went to school or what his stats were.

all that being said, we do need to find a #1. (not via free agency please)

what i dont understand is how you can judge his route running when you most likely have no idea what he is suppose to be running. IE WC offence quick snap routes, Gibbs or Coryell rounded option routes, most every offence has its own specific route design, example spurrier with his chop steps

Yeah I did, and it showed him making some pretty great catches that were behind over or way in front of him. Brandon Lloyd made the same catches in SF, but he's a crap receiver cause he sucks at running routes.

:doh:

Brandon Lloyd did nothing close to what this guy has done in school. This guy had 122 catches last season, man! Comparing him to Lloyd is beyond ridiculous.

You ever think that maybe he's so wide open on some of those plays because he actually runs great routes?

:laugh:

iunno his name but DT for LSU #72.... bad arse DT

that is who we need... but he'll probably be gone or

that corner from VT Flowers or something like that

Glenn Dorsey is a legitimate top 5 pick.

Jordy Nelson is a 4th or 5th round potential steal in the draft. Totally different thread, man.

What a crock. How can you tell from the clips he runs bad routes? What a bunch of BS. The guy has talent no doubt! And he works hard UNLIKE Lloyd!!

I'd love for the Skins to take a look at this guy. You know he's a hard worker because he was a walk-on in college!

You ever see Chris Doering's college clips? That guy was a beast... Anyway, it all depends on how well he does in the 40!

I'm still looking for those guys who kept insisting that Dwayne Jarrett was going to be awesome for their opinion now that he has finished a season. 6 catches for 73 yards is a great game, but not such a great season. :) I think Michael Westbrook has 8 catches and 2 TDs as a rookie!

You ever see Chris Doering's college clips? That guy was a beast... Anyway, it all depends on how well he does in the 40!

I'm still looking for those guys who kept insisting that Dwayne Jarrett was going to be awesome for their opinion now that he has finished a season. 6 catches for 73 yards is a great game, but not such a great season. :) I think Michael Westbrook has 8 catches and 2 TDs as a rookie!

40 time doesn't mean much. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.6 at the combine.

It's a little early to judge Jarrett considering Carolina has a horrible oline, no running game, and played QB carousel all year:doh:

i got bets that say theres no way he makes it past mid 3rd. some boards have him as high as first round value. i think at this point no one knows where to put him. my guess is late second to early third when its all said and done. reminds me a lot of greg jennings.

Yeah, he seems like a guy who will rise late, but who knows, really? Sporting News has his 40 as 4.62, so it depends a lot on how much he can improve on that, I would think.

Archived