Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 100 players in the Draft!Who I would like to see the Skins to select...?

michael_33

If the Vikings got Calais Campbell, that'd be ridiculous.

I'm really iffy on Calais Campbell to be honest. I think he is a boom or bust prospect but either way he is going to take some work to produce at the next level. I don't think he is a guy who will come in an immediately make a difference. Just being big doesn't mean everything. Actually, being 6'8 can be a liability since that would allow O linemen to get under his pads and stand him up. He would have to develop extremely good technique to allow him to stay low in his pads at that height and I think right now he basically just has raw athleticism.

I like the Campbell kid out of Miami. With a DE like that, it would seriously upgrade the D-line. Can you imagine the quick slant passes he bat down because of his size??? And he's allready sturdy enough to be good against the run. If we want impact, Campbell could be our guy.

Limas Sweed.....go get him! We need a big target and obviously Anthony Mix didn't impress enough in practice.

Calais Campbell looks like a potential bust. I love my guys from The U but this kid has one move in his repertoire (speed rush and he's no Dwight Freeney). I think he'll be another Gaines Adams who the Bucs are still scratching their heads over (our FO needs credit for identifying his limitations btw) I say take the best player on the board at the DE/DT position or possibly Sweed if he's still available.

Call me crazy but I would really like to see us take Henne in the second or third round. Henne is the type of QB we need. He is smart and has good field awareness, something Campbell is severely lacking.

You're crazy. :laugh: :silly:

No, really, you're crazy. Using ANOTHER pick on a QB would set us back, considering we have other more pressing holes to fill.

Campbell at this point hasn't fulfilled his full potential, but hes atleast servicable NOW and has the chance to get better.

Next year if he still hasn't improved then you might have a better argument (I'd still disagree), but definitely not now. :2cents:

Actually, Gaines Adams came on at the end of the year and was playing some good ball.

The Henne talk is insane, IMO. I follow Michigan and while the offense was Hart first, Henne still had Manningham and Arrington to utilize and he was still mediocre at best. Mallet seemed almost as good as a freshman.

The Golston talk needs to stop. Not because you are wrong, but there is just no way that a freak like that is sneaking past the top 10. I think he'll be the big riser after the combine hype. Would love to have him, but I don't even want to think about it... makes me sad.

I really like Campbell. I understand the fear there, but all we really need is a guy who can win one-on-one matchups. Either Campbell would free up Carter from doubles or he should be able to win enough one-on-ones to really help the team. That wingspan on a 6-8 frame is just frightening. This guy will bat around 10 balls a year.

I like the WRs mentioned above: (from Tug_72)

Adrian Arrington, WR, Michigan

Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

James Hardy, WR, Indiana

I think at least one of those guys will be there in round two. I'm almost certain of that.

In the 3rd I'd like to see an interior offensive linemen come in. Dockery was a 3rd rounder and his time here was productive. Sure he left in FA, but he played reasonably well for us and he was healthy.

Sedrick Ellis and Lawrence Jackson were the most dominate DT/DE combo in college this year. Was that due to Ellis or Jackson playing next to each other? My guess is that they are both greatly talented and benefited from playing next to each other as well.

Another offseason of pimping the next USC guy?

How did Mike Williams work out?

How about Udeze?

Truant,

I have no doubt you followed Michigan but what are you talking about with Henne? Don't get me wrong, he was not a Tom Brady in terms of his growth and 'clutch' performances at Michigan but while Henne did not show the exponential growth from his freshman year to this--Mallet did NOT look better or even similar. Did you see the Wisconsin game? Mallett was awful.

Henne pretty much set most of the passing records there, he was a better QB than Navarre was, certainly and he particularly excelled once Michigan went with a spread type offense for the Capital One Bowl. It's likely that the conservatism and reliance on Hart and the running game and 'safe' passes.

Plus, though he could not quite deliver in the past (immobility being a main problem) he has had great come from behind performances, including against Michigan State this year.

Henne was hurt basically the entire year and it was his knee then his shoulder. Finally, he was more or less healthy against Florida and shined.

I'm not saying we should take him with the second pick or anything, just that he wasn't mediocre. He was very good but not great and not particularly clutch. But then, most of the seniors of that class have not shown themselves to be clutch in the biggest games. But they did have great moments in others.

Another offseason of pimping the next USC guy?

How did Mike Williams work out?

How about Udeze?

Dwayne Jarrett...Dominique Byrd.

I'd add Reggie Bush, to be honest. Leinart showed himself to be kind of a ***** with no real production of note other than some flashes.

Winston Justice was a second rounder and he was god awful.

Steve Smith is finally showing something with the Giants in these playoffs but other than that...?

I don't know, USC top picks do NOT impress right now. and Jackson is not an explosive pass rusher.

First round= d.t. balmer/d.e. jackson

left o.t.chris williams(can play left guard)/michael oher(couldplay left guard)

c.b.antione cason

l.b.dan connor

Second round=guards roy schuening/chilo rachal

w.r.limas sweed

d.e.chris ellis

Third round=d.e.chris harrington/langford(hampton)

c.b.chevis jackson

any combo of these look like they could help the skins.

I'd add Reggie Bush, to be honest. Leinart showed himself to be kind of a ***** with no real production of note other than some flashes.

Steve Smith is finally showing something with the Giants in these playoffs but other than that...?

I don't know, USC top picks do NOT impress right now. and Jackson is not an explosive pass rusher.

Since they get paid while in school, they probably feel that they are already professionals. Maybe the jump to the NFL is a disappointment for them because they have to work harder to earn money.

LOl @ the haterade.

Udeze is a starter for the Vikings, who had one of the best D lines this year.

Bush is Bush. Role player.

Justice was a rookie playing tackle on a pass first team. Not the easiest thing to do.

Smith is a rookie and playing behind Toomer and Burress.

Again, Palmer, Tatupu, Polamalu, Chris Cash, Justin Fargas, Leinart.. These are all starters in this league.

As for Jackson, I even brought up the fact that it might be the fact that he plays with Ellis that made him stand out at USC. Not once did I say that he was the best DE in the draft or someone we should draft.

Ghost, you should know better. SoCalSkins is just a straight up hater.

Udeze is a starter for the Vikings, who had one of the best D lines this year.

Ghost, you should know better. SoCalSkins is just a straight up hater.

The Vikings D line was good because of their 2 pro bowl tackles, not the bust from SC. The guy you wanted instead of ST.

I may not like the college version of the pukes, but it is hilarious that every year they magically have a player that in your opinion will be the perfect fit for our needs.

We are going to need a RB.....

so

21st on the list..... Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

I have a feeling he'll be gone before our pick, because there are some squads before us that will be needing a RUnning back.

However, in the 2nd or 3rd round there could be a couple very solid backs for us:

If Stewart isn't there, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Felix Jones, Mike Hart, Chris Johnson, or Jamaal Charles

As far as QB's

Matt Ryan likely gone

Brian Brohm certainly gone

Andre Woodson gone

John David Booty..... might depend on who our OC is but likely gone before woodson

Dennis Dixon ? Only had this one last season that's good, but he might be good for someone.

Erik Ainge (was never impressed by him)

Chad Henne might be there in the 3rd Round

I wouldn't waste more than a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder on a QB, other than these guys I'd not waste a 3rd on Dixon or Ainge. But We need not do this in the 3rd. 4th might be a good place to do it.

Round 1 - Pick #21 - DT Sedrick Ellis - USC

Round 1 - Pick #21 - DE Lawrence Jackson - USC

Round 1 - Pick #21 - DE Calais Campbell - Miami

Round 1 - Pick #21 - CB Antoine Cason - Arizona

Round 2 - Pick #51 - DE Lawrence Jackson - USC

Round 2 - Pick #51 - CB Trae Williams - South Florida

Round 2 - Pick #51 - LB Xavier Adibi - Virginia Tech

Round 2 - Pick #51 - DE Chris Ellis - Virginia Tech

Round 3 - Pick #84 - LB Erin Henderson - Maryland

Round 3 - Pick #84 - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Tennessee State

Round 3 - Pick #84 - OG Roy Schuening - Oregon State

Round 3 - Pick #84 - CB Jack Ikegwuohu - Wisconsin

any combination of those picks would be great for us

Adibi is a pretty good linebacker, but which position would he fill for us?

id really like to see us somehow get schmitt. were all about some ground and pound, we could always use a alstott like player, did you watch in the oklahoma game?

I agree, but I think he will be gone before our 3rd/4th pick.

The Vikings D line was good because of their 2 pro bowl tackles, not the bust from SC. The guy you wanted instead of ST.

I may not like the college version of the pukes, but it is hilarious that every year they magically have a player that in your opinion will be the perfect fit for our needs.

More vitrol I see.

Again, not once this year did I say "take X player" to fill X needs. All ive done this year is list the best players at each position of need.

As opposed to you, who seems to have zero take on anything that inst negative SC.

Ghost,

I always enjoy your posts. We often share a similar outlook, but I think we'll agree to disagree here. I was being a bit hyperbolic about Mallet, but as a Freshman the results were not that much worse than a 4-year starter in Henne. That game against Wisc was pretty bad, but he did throw 3 TDs in that one.

I would say Henne is better than Navarre. His health is a big question mark, but so are the results. It's been a frustrating sequence of years for Big Blue and, until the Florida game, Henne never seemed to get the team over the hump. Having Hart, Manningham, Arrington, and Long for the last 3 years (for all of them together) and to never take that next step, I place a good deal of that on Henne's shoulders. (more on Carr, but that's another story)

Anyhow, I don't want Henne. I don't want any QB, but I'm skeptical about Henne's pro potential. If he stays healthy and everything around him is great, he can do well.

Brighter times ahead for Big Blue, I think RR will bring in some powerful recruits, but I'll miss the way we used to do things. It was fun thinking that our QBs all had a legitimate shot at going pro.

Truant

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I've found him to be disappointing considering his talent (and he's a smart guy, it's not like he's some dumb as a rock QB who only had an arm and that's it. That is why I hold SOME hope he could at least be a quality backup in the league.) But I also just think sometimes you get a class that disappoints for whatever reason and he was a big part of it but not the only one.

As for RR, I'm excited but I also think we'll see adjustments to the recruiting level of MIchigan. I just looked at the draft history and man, every single Michigan player drafted since 2003 other than Charles Drake has made an NFL roster, at least for a year or two or been put on a practice squad or made significant contributions (or become outright stars.)

I think if we see Pryor come in, he'll be drafted too, it just means we'll finally see a QB who can move and escape every now and then. Can't tell you how critical I think henne's inability to do that (and all the weight he seemed to put on with the S&C coach) was in important games.

Getting 4 and 5 star recruits SHOULD mean we still see Michigan QBs getting drafted, I hope.

I would like to see Calais Campbell, and then O-line in the 2nd and 3rd... But, I would not be opposed to another outside linebacker selected, though I do think O and D line are the biggest needs. Speaking of OLB's what has happened to Dallas Sartz and will he be back for workouts in the '08 season?

Archived