Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The redskins are on the clock...

Veretax

What if when the redskins come on the clock, someone decides that they want to pick before Dallas. What would they have to offer us to trade up into our spot, what would you want, what picks, and what would you do with those picks if they are this year.

Depends on how far down they want me to go.

I'd take 2 2nds for our pick.

Who to take? I'd take best available lineman, offense or defense, with every pick in the draft.

Well, with one exception. At some point I would draft a punt returner.

ARE is the worst punt returner I have every seen in my lifetime. He is an absolutely horrible punt returner. Who cares if he gets a return for a TD every other year when he averages almost negative yards on the other 99.9% of the punts?

So I'd take best available lineman with every single pick except maybe grab a guy like Eddie Royal (WR, VT) or DeJuan Tribble (CB, BC) [or best yet, DeSean Jackson (WR, Cal)]

Just ANYONE other than god awful ARE returning punts. I love what ARE has brought to the table as a WR for this team. But if I see him go back one more time for a punt, I'd might vomit.

Man... I think it depends on which DE or OL fall to us... Those are the two things I think we need to address... I love Phillip Daniels but he is getting old. And, our OL... just look at highlights from our game in Seattle and anyone would know why I think we need to sure up some things in that area.

I could very well see the Skins trading UP in this draft.

Leverage next year's 1st rounder, which the FO feels will be low anyways, for the priveledge to move up and take the best DE on the board.

Wouldn't shock me as much as trading up for JC:laugh:.

Who to take? I'd take best available lineman, offense or defense, with every pick in the draft.

ARE is the worst punt returner I have every seen in my lifetime. He is an absolutely horrible punt returner. Who cares if he gets a return for a TD every other year when he averages almost negative yards on the other 99.9% of the punts?

So I'd take best available lineman with every single pick except maybe grab a guy like Eddie Royal (WR, VT) or DeJuan Tribble (CB, BC) [or best yet, DeSean Jackson (WR, Cal)]

Just ANYONE other than god awful ARE returning punts. I love what ARE has brought to the table as a WR for this team. But if I see him go back one more time for a punt, I'd might vomit.

I disagree to an extent. Depth on the lines is crucial, but if we don't see a stud pass rusher, I'd only take depth at that position. Depth on the interior of teh line will be crucial, especially if we want to build for the future.

DeSean Jackson is NOT what we need. Talented, but he's Ted Ginn Jr. only not as flashy. Moreover, we need a big speedy guy, not a tiny, speedy, quick guy. Limas Sweed, Adarius Bowman, or Malcolm Kelly could do well for us.

i really hope the skins don't trade any draft picks. they haven't had success with trading picks in a long time. TJ Duckett, Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd....i htink we should stick to the draft this year.

i think the OP was talking about someone else trading up to our spot, so we would be moving down and getting more picks from it.

not us trading up.

I've been an advocate of drafting 2 OL and 1 DL in rounds 1-3 for quite awhile now, with the DL in round 1.

My ideal draft would look something like this...

Round 1. Calais Campbell, DE Miami.

Round 2. Roy Schuening, OG Oregon State.

Round 3. Andrew Crummey, OG Maryland.

Problem is, Campbell may be gone by the time we pick, and I'm not sure DE's like Quentin Groves of Auburn & Derrick Harvey of FL would be worth taking at #21. I think Harvey's more suited at OLB anyway.

I would be happy with a 2nd and 3rd for our 1st, as long as our aquired picks were in the top half of each round. That way, we wouldn't have a 1st, but we would have two 2nds and two 3rds. I don't see that scenario happening since it's hard to find takers who are willing to trade up, but hypothetically I would love to see a draft like this...

Round 1. N.A.

Round 2. Roy Schuening, OG Oregon State.

Round 2. Brian Johnson, DE Gardner Webb. Small school, big talent.

Round 3. Andrew Crummey, OG Maryland.

Round 3. Owen Schmitt, FB WVU.

I don't understand why ARE fair catches so many punts. At one point in the Seattle playoff game he fair caught four straight. At some point, even if the punter is hanging em' high, you've got to try and make a play. I don't think we need to draft a returner, though. We've got several guys who are very capable of returning punts. Moss was a good return man when he was with the Jets. I remember him returning one for a TD in a playoff game a few years ago. He's one possibility. And I'm sure Rock would run straight ahead as a return man. He wouldn't be flashy but he'd get positive yards and would be a Brian Mitchell clone. Gotta agree...ARE ain't gettin it done as a return man. Too much East/West action and not enough North/South.

Archived