Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching overhaul (M.E.T.)

wunderhill

I'd give Gibbs a "C+" in the coaching dept. I think he has really excelled at aquiring players and puting them in the right spots. For that, I'd give him a "B+".

Some people say they want "stability" at the coaching spot. But for how long? Gibbs is getting old and to me doesn't look like he can handle another 3-4 years -physically. Plus he shows no emotion, even when his players screw up. Sorry but there must be SOME accountability. It seems he has no "spark or fire".

I'd give Gibbs a "C+" in the coaching dept. I think he has really excelled at aquiring players and puting them in the right spots. For that, I'd give him a "B+".

Some people say they want "stability" at the coaching spot. But for how long? Gibbs is getting old and to me doesn't look like he can handle another 3-4 years -physically. Plus he shows no emotion, even when his players screw up. Sorry but there must be SOME accountability. It seems he has no "spark or fire".

No offense pal, but I bet you did not even think this when we man handled Dallas and MOST of the team was all lovey on Gibbs. Gibs still has it. He will unitl he is ready to leave.

There is no greater coach for this team.

WOW, I think reality needs to come in and slap some people in the face. Maybe you guys forgot but the whole right side of the offensive line was basically backups with one rookie free agent at RT. As good as TC has been he is still a backup QB so you are playing with a backup QB too. Not to mention all the injuries on the defensive side of the ball and , oh yeah, one player who was killed.

I'm as disappointed as anyone but when you really look at it it's just amazing they came this far.

The playcalling and adjustments were good today. To many drops, to much of a leaky Oline, to many missed tackles etc etc. That's all there is to it.

I say congrats on making it to the playoffs coaches and players. The future looks bright with all the playing time a lot of backups got this year and with the hope that the starters can come back healthy next season.

I hope Saunders is gone next season...his play calling is awful...no wonder Kansas City never did anything

no kansas city sucked because they didnt have a defense.....now i will admit that his short yardage calls are questionable but overall saunders knows what he is doing, he just needs a QB who knows that system and an OL to give some time

no kansas city sucked because they didnt have a defense.....now i will admit that his short yardage calls are questionable but overall saunders knows what he is doing, he just needs a QB who knows that system and an OL to give some time

I disagree, but thats ok...I would like him to be gone...i don't trust his play calling.

I have been behind Gibbs all season and I respect the OP to still hold by these views no matter how bone headed I personally think they are especially in the presence of the flim flam swagger jacking fans who flop from one oppinion to the other .

I think GACOLB said it best what he has done this year but as well as that with the team since he came back not only this year but since he returned ( 2 playoff teams in 4 years 50% since his return compared to 1 in 12 during his absence) I would give him all the time he wants . I am more concerned that HE Gibbs thinks it is time to go than what the fans think

I agree...

Yeah we lost but i look at this as postive.. We Had a hard year fans and players.. O -line was injured alot... Taylors Death.. And just a up and down year with so much going on.. But we did well getting to the playoffs.. I'm happy of our team...

Everybody did there best..

Look ahead for next year...

2 playoff apperances in four yrs for a guy that is so called not up to par with the current nfl .( rome was not built in four yrs ) give gibbs a contract ext. Because i rather have a good team that makes the playoffs than rebuilding like miami and another handful of teams out there. I think givien the circumstances of what happened this year, we are a great team if this doesn't go to our head.IF wedon't drop core redskins like we did in 06. this team could be hungry, and dangerous. GIBBS/CAMPBELL IN '08 p.s. We figure out how it feels to win and how it feels to lose big games. WE will learn from this .. httr.

:doh:

Redskins starting lineup (rotation) in the past 5 weeks and longer:

2nd string QB, FA WLB splitting starts with a 6th round rookie WLB, practice squad Nickel corner, undrafted rookie RT, a third string Tackle playing Right Guard, a 6th round 2nd year SS, a 5th round 2nd year DT, a 6th round 2nd year DT, and a rookie SS that had to learn to play FS after our Pro Bowler got murdered the morning after week 11's game.

We went 4 straight, ended up 9-7, and went to the first round of the playoffs with these guys.

Two Pro Bowl caliber O linemen go down in the first and third games of the season respectively and we still won 9 games.

Yeah, fire Gibbs and Buges. They just don't know what it takes anymore.:doh:

3 Super Bowls in his first tenure

2 playoff appearances in 4 years in his second tenure

Considering that this franchise was in the ****ter when he got here in '04, I'd say that he's done one hell of a job. He didn't get it handed to him like most coaches do these days. Hell Tomlin couldn't cut it and he got a playoff caliber team handed to him. One and done. I'd be surprised if Wade gets his team past the first playoff game. He got a playoff caliber team handed to him too.

Gibbs has totally gutted this franchise and has started to build the foundation back up with quality talent and high character players. If he goes after this season and we do well in the next few years under someone else, it will be because of what he accomplished in his second tenure. If he wants to leave, that's fine. But he's not going anywhere anytime soon if he wants to stay.

HTTR

You wanna replace the whole coaching staff after a playoff run? There's not another coaching staff in the league that could've done this with all the injuries and death we had this season. Look at the Falcons. Gibbs just needs to focus on being a leader and leave the play calling to the coordinators like he started to do late in the year and we'll be fine.

I think we need to have some consistency....I think if we change our coaching staff too much, we're going to have another 5 win season, just like we did the last time we lost in Seattle in the Playoffs...

Maybe Buges needs to go. The O-line is pretty crappy.

Are you kidding? I think Buges is the offensive coach of the year after creating a serviceable line out of an over the hill vet in Fabini and an undrafted rookie in Heyer.

I think we need to have some consistency....I think if we change our coaching staff too much, we're going to have another 5 win season, just like we did the last time we lost in Seattle in the Playoffs...

Maybe Buges needs to go. The O-line is pretty crappy.

Buges???? what???? come on... we had an undrafted free agent in there... our 2 pro bowl calib. lineman were done in the first3 weeks... you cant blame him for what they could not do... i think thay did damn good with what they had... i knew it was going to start after this loss.... everyone was fat and happy for the past few weeks... we were out played, put maned and all the way around today... there seemed to be no fire there like the past few weeks... the guys looked spent.. to blame buges or gibbs is just silly... the players themselves "dropped" the ball today..

I don't see us improving by having a coaching overhaul. That is what has us in the position we are in in the first place. We have had bookend tackles for 7 years now and generally that's how you start a football team. However we have also had 4 coaches in that time period.

Let things play out and let this team stay comfortable. We need to start giving the entire organization a chance to move things along as a group for once.

I love JG, but these last few years has proven to me he can't coach in this league anymore. At 5-7, everyone was calling him to step down. Yet, once we go 9-7 and playoff, he gets all the credit. Sorry, but I believe good QB play with TC was the major difference. Not something JG did. Good QB play makes everyone look good, from HC down to even water boy. And, vice versa. But, at some point, a backup QB when revert back to being a backup QB. I have no doubt next year JG will put his anointed starter back in and we will stunk up the place again. The same excuses when come back.

Having a coaching overhaul will not improve the team. The team was well coached, considering all the injuries and the tragic death that took place this year.

And do you honestly want to fire the coaching staff after making the playoffs? That doesn't sound right...

The players like Gibbs and Snyder likes Gibbs, why mess with that? Gibbs and Company have made the playoffs 2 out of our last 3 years. You guys who are screaming for a new coaching staff need to wipe your sandy vagina's and learn that there is a reason why you're not an owner or coach at the top level of the sport.

I'll be out there next year cheering our coaches and players on and I hope Gibbs will give another year and another shot at making the post season.

Gibbs is getting old. We need to find "the next Gibbs". Someone with the same fire he had in his belly the first go around. I'm not saying he cant coach now, but he certainly can't coach much longer. Where is that next coach? I have no idea.

A good GM would make all the difference in the world for any future coach. AND he may be able to find "the next Gibbs". Just my two cents.

Damn we qualify for the playoffs, and this is the love the coaches get. :doh: What's next, cut Portis because he only gained 50 yards on a tough defense, or cut Springs because he gave up a 30 yard pass play. Come on folks we just went 9-8 and made the post-season. Let's think about this.

I love JG, but these last few years has proven to me he can't coach in this league anymore. At 5-7, everyone was calling him to step down. Yet, once we go 9-7 and playoff, he gets all the credit. Sorry, but I believe good QB play with TC was the major difference. Not something JG did. Good QB play makes everyone look good, from HC down to even water boy. And, vice versa. But, at some point, a backup QB when revert back to being a backup QB. I have no doubt next year JG will put his anointed starter back in and we will stunk up the place again. The same excuses when come back.

Wow! We just made the playoffs for the second time in three years.

Yeah, man, that Coach Gibbs sucks... :doh:

Archived