Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching overhaul (M.E.T.)

wunderhill

ok...know i will get some **** for this but i can't help expressing how i feel. I just think it is time for a new start from the top to the bottom...I love JG and he was the right person for this season but i think it is time to go foward with new coaching staff..for years and years i have been saying"maybe this is the time for the redskins...maybe they will break loose from the confines that has seemed to hold them back so many years"...let me say first this was a great run to finish what was an impossible year...but this lose will have far more negatives than what possitives we got down the stretch....i just feel there will be no passion left in these guys after they fought so hard to do this for someone other than theirselves. we need a ball buster type guy to come in a rattle things up for a team that seems to have lost it's soul or maybe hasn't even had in a long long time....i just don't see people wanting to come back here to play...you get this feeling and have even seen it on the sidelines that the players don't believe in the play calling and i think that is the biggest problem with this team...yes...they have fought their guts out...and the 12TH man today goes to seattle...but fighting your guts out isn't going be enough in this league...love ya Joe Gibbs...thanks for a great run and hopes of returning to glory when for so long we have had no hope at all

give me a break. the playcalling has been FINE ever since Collins started playing. Our problem is a talent one, pure and simple. Our OL was overmatched and physically dominated today, causing TC to be beaten to a pulp.

Get a better line, and Portis is a 1500 ypg runner and the Al Saunders offense will be everything it has been supposed to be.

I have been behind Gibbs all season and I respect the OP to still hold by these views no matter how bone headed I personally think they are especially in the presence of the flim flam swagger jacking fans who flop from one oppinion to the other .

I think GACOLB said it best what he has done this year but as well as that with the team since he came back not only this year but since he returned ( 2 playoff teams in 4 years 50% since his return compared to 1 in 12 during his absence) I would give him all the time he wants . I am more concerned that HE Gibbs thinks it is time to go than what the fans think

give me a break. the playcalling has been FINE ever since Collins started playing. Our problem is a talent one, pure and simple. Our OL was overmatched and physically dominated today, causing TC to be beaten to a pulp.

Get a better line, and Portis is a 1500 ypg runner and the Al Saunders offense will be everything it has been supposed to be.

well...i think today you would have seen the same thing even if campbell was playing....collins has been great...but it's a whole different story when you and maybe a few others are the only was playing...what cambell faced most of the year...but where does the blame fall on this day...

I will say this much - the Gibbs philosophy cost us this game. The first half was completely unproductive because he once again tried to put the square peg in the circle hole. This is NOT a power running team, and despite the past few weeks, this isn't even a very good running team. This team moved the ball when it aired it out, put our 4 wide, and had short-drop releases. We missed on way too many 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and wasted countless downs with pathetic run plays.

Here's some advice Gibbs if you do decide to come back: Do what works, not what you like. As usual, he waits way too long to adopt that plan.

I have been behind Gibbs all season and I respect the OP to still hold by these views no matter how bone headed I personally think they are especially in the presence of the flim flam swagger jacking fans who flop from one oppinion to the other .

I think GACOLB said it best what he has done this year but as well as that with the team since he came back not only this year but since he returned ( 2 playoff teams in 4 years 50% since his return compared to 1 in 12 during his absence) I would give him all the time he wants . I am more concerned that HE Gibbs thinks it is time to go than what the fans think

ok...well let me ask you this...are you satisfied if we make the playoffs every year (unlikely) and do not do anything with it...how much are you willing to take just to have the glory of having JG here

I will say this much - the Gibbs philosophy cost us this game. The first half was completely unproductive because he once again tried to put the square peg in the circle hole. This is NOT a power running team, and despite the past few weeks, this isn't even a very good running team. This team moved the ball when it aired it out, put our 4 wide, and had short-drop releases. We missed on way too many 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and wasted countless downs with pathetic run plays.

Here's some advice Gibbs if you do decide to come back: Do what works, not what you like. As usual, he waits way too long to adopt that plan.

If you want to talk about planning, they wanted to run the ball up the middle because Seattle is a small quick team. But the team didn't execute and there were 3 drops on key plays in the 1st half that put this team behind the 8 ball.

Gibbs has done a great job with what he's been given here. The 1st year was awful due to rebuilding. The 2nd year this team highly overchieved. The 3rd year the team underachieved with injuries. This year this team had high expectations and with all the injuries still lived up to the lofty exectations of the fans here.

Do any of you people who want a new coach know or understand that we been to the playoffs 1 TIME IN THE PAST 12 YEARS!!!! before Gibbs 2 came. And since then we weent 2 times in 4 seasons. Cmon now he has this team on the brink and competitve again and now u wana axe him. dumb fans imo

ok...well let me ask you this...are you satisfied if we make the playoffs every year (unlikely) and do not do anything with it...how much are you willing to take just to have the glory of having JG here

You cannot win the big game if you dont make the playoffs . I think if the team made the playoffs and went no further then people would expect more BUT overhauling the coaches every couple of years just leads to more disapointment

ok...know i will get some **** for this but i can't help expressing how i feel. I just think it is time for a new start from the top to the bottom...I love JG and he was the right person for this season but i think it is time to go foward with new coaching staff..for years and years i have been saying"maybe this is the time for the redskins...maybe they will break loose from the confines that has seemed to hold them back so many years"...let me say first this was a great run to finish what was an impossible year...but this lose will have far more negatives than what possitives we got down the stretch....i just feel there will be no passion left in these guys after they fought so hard to do this for someone other than theirselves. we need a ball buster type guy to come in a rattle things up for a team that seems to have lost it's soul or maybe hasn't even had in a long long time....i just don't see people wanting to come back here to play...you get this feeling and have even seen it on the sidelines that the players don't believe in the play calling and i think that is the biggest problem with this team...yes...they have fought their guts out...and the 12TH man today goes to seattle...but fighting your guts out isn't going be enough in this league...love ya Joe Gibbs...thanks for a great run and hopes of returning to glory when for so long we have had no hope at all

As long as this team continues to be built @ss backwards, we will never get to where we want to go. We need a GM. And we need to address the lines thru the draft like real teams do.

what if we could get Cowher?...any takers?

the team would still be ran the same way: refusing to use high draft picks on lineman, no real GM that can accurately evaluate talent, this is the environment that Snyder has created and it will continue to be perpetuated until he sells the team or.........

Archived