Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How much time does JC need?

BMahoney

As many of you in here know, I am not a very big fan of Jason Campbell. So I will make this post short and to the point. Many of you excuse Jason's poor play because he has not had enough time in the league, system and etc. I was wondering ,when you guys feel it is ok to judge Jason as any other qb in the league is judged. What happens if we see no improvement next season or the next? When will you give up on this inaccurate turnover machine who only looked good in college because he had two great rb's. I say obviously he is the starter again next year because Collins is 36 and a career backup, but what happens when he continues to underacheive, or when we lose another game due to three Campbell turnovers.

I was completely unaware that JC was in fact playing poorly.

The guy is a kid. 24 more games before I'm willing to hazard a guess.

Ramsey was much easier to project because he never really seemed to improve at all. JC has shown flashes of top notch QB play this year.

He needs to continue to improve into next year. I love Jason...I think hes shown the MOST promise of any YOUNG quarterback for the redskins in.....well a REALLY long time.

That being said....Jason needs to have a good year next year. Drop down that interception number, and fumble number significantly. Im not saying they should bench him if he has the same kind of year this year....but if he regresses AT ALL....we need to start thinking about it.

BUT! Saunders needs to open up this offense for Jason.....have it RAN the same way Todd is running it RIGHT NOW. If that means Jason needs to STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.....THEN DO IT JC.

Did you really expect him to come out and be Tom Brady this year for God's sake? It was his first year starting in a very complex offense. IMO, give him as much time as he needs. My guess is, after watching Collins, it won't be long before we're really clicking on all cylinders next season.

As many of you in here know, I am not a very big fan of Jason Campbell. So I will make this post short and to the point. Many of you excuse Jason's poor play because he has not had enough time in the league, system and etc. I was wondering ,when you guys feel it is ok to judge Jason as any other qb in the league is judged. What happens if we see no improvement next season or the next? When will you give up on this inaccurate turnover machine who only looked good in college because he had two great rb's. I say obviously he is the starter again next year because Collins is 36 and a career backup, but what happens when he continues to underacheive, or when we lose another game due to three Campbell turnovers.

If Campbell does not continue to improve then there is obviously a problem and you can talk all the **** you want. But I'm a little confused as to what you are looking for from the kid.

And he has two great running backs here too....what's your point?

"How much time does JC need" is entirely the wrong question to be asking right now, because there's plenty of time before a decision must be made.

JC has through 2009 on his contract and has shown enough talent and production that cutting him or trading him before the 2008 season would be epically dumb. No decision needs to be made until after the 2008 season on his future whether it's to re-sign him or trade him.

AT THIS POINT, I personally think he's shown as much or more than most young QBs in the league and deserves the benefit of the doubt he will continue the improvement he's shown from 2006 to 2007. I'm sure a few vociferous folks will disagree in my assessment, but anyone who is trying to force any kind of decision before the end of the 2008 season needs to take a step back and look at the situation.

I didn't see any poor play except in the Tampa game and Portis and Moss played poorly as well.

This idea of not letting QBs (or any position really) develop has hurt this team since Gibbs left the first time and I think Gibbs sees that. Campbell deserves at least another year as the starter. If he comes out seriously playing piss-poor football then pull him, start Collins and think about drafting Tim Tebow. But I don't see him playing ****ty. He's a smart and athletic QB that is still learning a very complicated system. Look at Trent Green's numbers from KC in 2001, his first year starting in the Saunders system, they are very similar to Campbell's, then look at Green's numbers the next year and tell me what you see.

This impatience has to stop, that's what has hurt us for so long, not using the draft, dumping coaches and QBs too early like it's our job, let's try building a team for once not buying a team.

This question should be answered next season. If he plays well, he will be our QB of now and future, if he blows, we should start looking.

If Saunders goes, we should take this into consideration. JC had 4 different OC by way of college and pros in the same time span(at least that's what I heard).

Todd has shown that the only thing you have to do in this offense too succeed is NOT MAKE MISTAKES. That has been the only gripe with JC, but hes young so it is acceptable. He needs to watch a ton of film this offseason....and just make safe throws during the season. CP, Santana, Cooley and the boys will do this rest.

You truely make yourself look ignorant. Did Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams throw the ball for Campbell? Are they world beaters in the NFL? Cant the argument be made that since they did so well in college that maybe they benefited from Campbell's ability to make a team respect his deep ball and complete 70% of his passes? If you havent seen a progression then its because you dont allow yourself to see it. Yes he is making mistakes but he is showing you flashes in what his own offensive coordinator says it takes atleast 3 years in his system to be comfortable. For every pick in the beginning of the season, there was a key drop by an unhealthy WR core. For every fumble, there was a play in which he stepped up and made a tough throw. Get off his back and get off of your agenda.

I know one thing: Jason wont see the field again this year even if he is "healthy".

I would tend to agree. I did not like the article in the post about him and Saunders discussing his future status this season. Do you think that was simply to appease him? Or do you think they would actually play him again if skins go deep in paloffs?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/03/AR2008010303341.html

He needs to continue to improve into next year. I love Jason...I think hes shown the MOST promise of any YOUNG quarterback for the redskins in.....well a REALLY long time.

That being said....Jason needs to have a good year next year. Drop down that interception number, and fumble number significantly. Im not saying they should bench him if he has the same kind of year this year....but if he regresses AT ALL....we need to start thinking about it.

BUT! Saunders needs to open up this offense for Jason.....have it RAN the same way Todd is running it RIGHT NOW. If that means Jason needs to STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.....THEN DO IT JC.

That's pretty much my position. He needs to show a rapid improvement next season or we may be looking elsewhere.

I had problems with my knee cap not tracking right last year and it sucks. It hurts to walk, you can't go up stairs like a normal person, you can't sit in a chair for very long etc. I gotta believe that having it dislocated (you all saw it on the side of his knee) was pretty bad. If they just have him not dressing on the sidelines with the number 8 car and the dude from maryland as backups, he is still hurting..

Archived