Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Tyson-Ruddock is another one people probably dont remember all that well, since it was in between his lost to Douglas and the rape conviction.

Those two were exchanging MASSIVE shots. Brain damage shots. I don't think anyone had ever taken that much of a pounding from him and stayed on their feet to go the distance. Tyson was getting hammered too.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Tyson, whoa !

Mike Tyson declares 'I'm back'

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/boxing/news/mike-tyson-training-session-boxing-comeback-retire/12ohsikr5nz631gidaael6lxdh

"Mike Tyson declared "I'm back" as he cut an ominous figure during an intense training session.

The heavyweight boxing legend raised eyebrows when he recently revealed his plans for a return to the ring at the age of 53. He's open to exhibition fights for charity 15 years after he retired. Evander Holyfield, 57, said he would be up for a trilogy bout with Tyson, who looked in great shape as he showed he can still very much pack a punch in an Instagram clip posted on Monday. "

Holyfield is 4 years older, and he didn't hesitate to jump right into the fray, for a trilogy match.

But I don't think that's what Tyson is looking for. He mentioned "exhibition match for charity".

I'm no boxing expert, but isn't that basically like glorified sparring, if I'm not mistaken ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Holyfield is 4 years older, and he didn't hesitate to jump right into the fray, for a trilogy match.

But I don't think that's what Tyson is looking for. He mentioned "exhibition match for charity".

I'm no boxing expert, but isn't that basically like glorified sparring, if I'm not mistaken ?

It is.....until it isnt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I remember when Apollo Creed fought in an “exhibition”.

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

ducked the trilogy fight with Clubber Lang too.............

Then gets jealous of all the shine his young, emotionally vulnerable youth protege is getting, and attacks him and his lawyer in an illegal street fight

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ortiz was contacted about a Tyson fight.

Says it was not even specified whether it would be Boxing or MMA.

He also didn't say who made the call. So for all we know, could just be one of his buddies, askin, "Hey would you fight Tyson ?"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/05/tito-ortiz-contacted-about-mike-tyson-fight-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-mma-boxing?taid=5ecb35484d8fc40001420170&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't been on here in a minute. But over on DAZN, Dillian Whyte just got KTFO by Alexander Povetkin with a brutal uppercut. This, after Povetkin was down twice in the previous round. Whyte talked a lot of trash only to get slept!!! 

• 1 month later...

Top Rank Championship boxing on ESPN tonight for the UNDISPUTED Championship at Lightweight (135 lbs). 

Vasiliy Lomachenko (WBA, WBC, WBO Champ) vs Teofimo Lopez (IBF Champ). Loma is favored at 3-1 at most betting sites.  

Loma (Amateur 396-1); Pro 14-1 (10 KOs)

Lopez (Amateur 150-20); Pro 15-0 (12 KOs)

No love lost between these two guys. Some think this will be a Mayweather/Canelo type of schooling? Not many saying that Lopez will upset Loma.

Seeing on social media, Loma by UD or KO and a few saying Lopez by KO (supposedly his only chance). LOL! Haven't seen anyone say Lopez will outbox Loma. 

This is boxing, so anything can happen. Just don't want to see some crappy scorecards and a controversial decision. 

Put $$$ on Lopez. I got Teo by TKO within 9. #AndNew #Undisputed #TheTakeover

• Thanks 1