Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

still not sure, he had trouble against JMM who's a skilled BOXER. PBF is more skilled than JMM. Hatton is not a boxer, he's a brawler, Pacman will carve him up all night

definitely can't wait for Pacman/PBF though, thats goin to be historic when it happens

And you can say Oscar gave PBF way more trouble than he did Pacman. Right now, Pacman is a machine.

Edited by THE OUTSIDER

I don't I love Floyd, HE WILL LOSE

:doh:

do not use this victory to compare how a fight with Floyd would go. Hatton fights nothing like floyd

a close comparison would be his two fights with Juan Manuel Marquez who gave him hell.

Pacman/Floyd is a 50/50 fight at this point in my opinion. floyd has more skill than JMM, pacman had alot of trouble against JMM.

cant wait to see that fight when it happens

do not use this victory to compare how a fight with Floyd would go. Hatton fights nothing like floyd

a close comparison would be his two fights with Juan Manuel Marquez who gave him hell.

Pacman/Floyd is a 50/50 fight at this point in my opinion. floyd has more skill than JMM, pacman had alot of trouble against JMM.

exactly hatton is not even a boxer

Pacman has been in wars. Have Pretty Boy? Pacman is quick, he can box, he has power and he can fight. Pretty Boy is VERY fasy and can box and he has decent power. PBF might be the most skilled boxer I ever saw, but he WILL NOT beat Pacman.

And you keep bringing up JMM, lets talk about common opponents. How long did Hatton and Oscar last against PBF and how long they lasted against PM?

Edited by THE OUTSIDER

Wait, what happened? I was at a live boxing show.

EDIT: Just looked it up: 2nd round TKO by Manny? :yikes:

So if Floyd beats JMM, could we see Floyd vs. Manny?

Edited by ACW

Pacman has been in wars. Have Pretty Boy? Pacman is quick, he can box, he has power and he can fight. Pretty Boy is VERY fasy and can box and he has decent power. PBF might be the most skilled boxer I ever saw, but he WILL NOT beat Pacman.

And you keep bringing up JMM, lets talk about common opponents. How long did Hatton and Oscar last against PBF and how long they lasted against PM?

Pretty Boy hasn't been in wars because his defense never really puts him in a position of being in danger. the closest he's had to a war was against Philip N'Dou & probably Emmanuel Augustus. those weren't really wars either, just more offensive attacks than floyd usually employs during a fight.

i'll give Pac the edge against Hatton no denying that, but you really cant compare their fights against DLH. Floyd fought DLH at 154lbs (floyd weight in at 150lbs for that fight, DLH was well over 160 at fight night. DLH was drained at 147 (not to say it would've changed the outcome, pac would've still probably won, just not as dominant)

i keep bringing up JMM because its the closest style to PBF, and we know he had trouble with JMM. its hard to say how PBF will handle Pac because he hasn't really faced anyone like him before. which is why i'm amped to see he fight.

i'm not saying PBF is a lock to win, i'm just sayin it won't be anywhere near as easy as some seem to be suggest (not you in particular, just some of what i'm hearing from others right now)

Agreed. Hatton is a brawling hooligan with boxing gloves. He's got strength and heart but against a fighter with true boxing skills he had very little chance.

I had Manny knocking Hatton out later in the fight, because I thought perhaps Hatton's new training under Mayweather Sr. might provide him with more boxing skill. Hatton came out at the bell in the first round in brawler mode!

Manny, surprised by Hatton's lack of defense, dominates in the first. For half of the second round Hatton attempts to actually box, which surprises Manny as he expected Hatton to still be brawling. Manny goes back to precision hits and finishes the job.

Mayweather is all about precision. He'll be animated, emotional, and arrogant everywhere outside the ring. But once he's inside with the gloves on he's as focused as an accountant in April.

It's an entirely different fight between Manny and Mayweather.

Wait, what happened? I was at a live boxing show.

EDIT: Just looked it up: 2nd round TKO by Manny?

So if Floyd beats JMM, could we see Floyd vs. Manny?

yes we will, its the biggest $$$$ fight that can be made in combat sports at the moment. i think it would get close to DLH/PBF PPV numbers

Agreed. Hatton is a brawling hooligan with boxing gloves. He's got strength and heart but against a fighter with true boxing skills he had very little chance.

I had Manny knocking Hatton out later in the fight, because I thought perhaps Hatton's new training under Mayweather Sr. might provide him with more boxing skill. Hatton came out at the bell in the first round in brawler mode!

Manny, surprised by Hatton's lack of defense, dominates in the first. For half of the second round Hatton attempts to actually box, which surprises Manny as he expected Hatton to still be brawling. Manny goes back to precision hits and finishes the job.

Mayweather is all about precision. He'll be animated, emotional, and arrogant everywhere outside the ring. But once he's inside with the gloves on he's as focused as an accountant in April.

It's an entirely different fight between Manny and Mayweather.

the part in bold is well said. Floyd is arrogant and does what he can to sell a fight, but his mind may be his strongest weapon in the ring. he & Roger Mayweather always come up with great gameplans for his fights. i have yet to see him ever surprised by anything in the ring.

damn this fight can't happen soon enough IMO

the part in bold is well said. Floyd is arrogant and does what he can to sell a fight, but his mind may be his strongest weapon in the ring. he & Roger Mayweather always come up with great gameplans for his fights. i have yet to see him ever surprised by anything in the ring.

damn this fight can't happen soon enough IMO

What is the soonest they might fight? October or November?