Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

weights for tomorrow's fights:

Paul Williams: 157lbs

Winky Wright: 159lbs

Chris Arreola: 255lbs 3.gif

Jameel McCline: 271lbs

Arreola should be at 235lbs, 240lbs at the most. after every fight he says he's going to train harder and do better..........and this is supposed to be America's best HW prospect :doh:

It won't matter. Neither of the Klitshko's get beat the rest of their careers. Arreola is actually a little lighter than I expected. McCline is a fatbody. Wow.

i got McCline by KO and Williams by unanimous decision. Let's hope for a good nite of boxing.

EDIT: McCline is a sorry SOB. I should have known better. That was my upset pick. Arreola KO'ed McCline in Round 4. He could have got up, but he didn't want to. Chump!!! :mad:

Edited by ksun247

i've never seen winky's face look like that after a fight

complete domination for the Punisher. what i like most in this fight was his head/body movement. it kept him from eating too many clean shots tonight, for a dude that damn tall he did a great job at getting his head and body out of the way after attacking.

credit to winky for taking the fight and staying in there, but even with his great defense, he couldn't stop punisher from landing alot of clean shots.

his stamina is not from this world. paul looked like he could've gone 5-7 more rounds if he needed to.

i've never seen winky's face look like that after a fight

complete domination for the Punisher. what i like most in this fight was his head/body movement. it kept him from eating too many clean shots tonight, for a dude that damn tall he did a great job at getting his head and body out of the way after attacking.

credit to winky for taking the fight and staying in there, but even with his great defense, he couldn't stop punisher from landing alot of clean shots.

his stamina is not from this world. paul looked like he could've gone 5-7 more rounds if he needed to.

:yes:

He'll fight anyone; let's just see who'll man up like Winky did :box:

Wow, say what you want about his conditioning, but DAMN impressive KO win from Arreola :applause:

Not really, they were both out of shape, and McCline didn't even look like he wanted to fight.

This is the first time I've seen Arreola fight, and I wanted to see what the "next great American heavyweight hope" looked like. Well...

1. He's obviously not serious about his conditioning.

2. He may have power, but he is slow as hell.

3. Either Klitschko would have murdered him in the ring.

We need to look elsewhere for someone to carry America's torch in that division. He'll be exposed as soon as he fights one of the big boys.

Cotto vs. Joshua Clottey on June 13th will be officially announced later today

I gave Clottey a great chance to pull the upset to begin with, but after hearing about the issues in Cotto's camp I'm gonna wager a nice sum on Joshua. However, if there is one guy who looks like he can put aside distractions it is Cotto.

I gave Clottey a great chance to pull the upset to begin with, but after hearing about the issues in Cotto's camp I'm gonna wager a nice sum on Joshua. However, if there is one guy who looks like he can put aside distractions it is Cotto.

if i weren't broke, i'd lay some cash on Clottey as well. Clottey was beating Margarito until he broke his hand.

Clottey will definitely be a great test to see if Cotto has recovered from his loss to Margarito

LOS ANGELES -- Oscar De La Hoya called it quits in the ring Tuesday, ending a career in which he won 10 world titles in six divisions and became boxing's most popular fighter.

He announced his decision at an outdoor plaza across the street from Staples Center, where a statue of the 36-year-old Golden Boy stands.

"I've come to the conclusion that it's over," the native of East Los Angeles said before hundreds of fans. "It's over inside the ring for me."

he was a bit of both IMO. he beat some great fighters but he beat them when they were older and he was in his prime. he also lost a lot of big time fights.

but the guy did a lot for the sport though..

I think I know the fight you're talking about and I remember the fight against Sweet Pea and IMO, Oscar actually lost. I also think he lost to Ike Quartey and Felix Sturm.

I think I know the fight you're talking about and I remember the fight against Sweet Pea and IMO, Oscar actually lost. I also think he lost to Ike Quartey and Felix Sturm.

I had Quartey beating Oscar on points as well, despite the late barrage from DLH. Sturm whooped his butt plain and simple.

And if anyone's interested, HBO is showing a retrospective onThe Thrilla in Manila. It's a great documentary on the rivalry between Ali and Frazier.

Watched it saturday night. It was awesome!