Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Guerrero already turned down the Keith Thurman fight. More attractive fights at Golden Boy than Top Rank for him, (Garcia, Maidana, Malinaggi, Matthyssee, Alexander, Porter & Khan). Unless he is trying to cash out against Manny Pacquiao, I don't see a big reason to switch promoters. One big fight vs Manny or a bunch of smaller fights against decent competition that still would pay well.

Even Robert Guerrero earned 3 or 4 mil against Floyd. 

...and Cotto got 8mil

Didnt Cotto get like 15 or 16 million?

And yeah, Broner needs to go back down to 140 and beat them up before he starts talking about 147 again. His power didnt translate. It may eventually, but he has to grow into it.

Guerrero already turned down the Keith Thurman fight. More attractive fights at Golden Boy than Top Rank for him, (Garcia, Maidana, Malinaggi, Matthyssee, Alexander, Porter & Khan). Unless he is trying to cash out against Manny Pacquiao, I don't see a big reason to switch promoters. One big fight vs Manny or a bunch of smaller fights against decent competition that still would pay well.

if he getting a fight against Manny, then he is cashing out. I have no problems with that.

Not sure what else Guerrero thinks a promoter should be doing for him.

Guerrero is ready to retire.

Doubt he's trying to switch. He's not the brightest crayon in the box but i can't believe he's actually THAT stupid. He's trying to become a "free agent" to make the Manny fight then retire with his second highest career pay day.

If you really think about it, who does Guerrero think he is? Fight Mayweather, then fight Pacquiao?

A 30yr old mediocre boxer who realizes the door is closing on a somewhat lackluster career, caught a break on a career high pay day and realizes one more of those or anything close to it can have he and his family set for life.

• Like 1

If Guerrero is cashing out, he needs to make sure he can get out of that contract legally. If they want, GB can put him on the shelf for a minute, if they want to get nasty about it. I'm pretty sure they don't want to do that. Something about the story sounds a little fishy to me. With his wife's medical bills, he'll need to get a decent payday, if her conditions worsens. I'm sure he'll get paid well for a fight with against Manny, if it fight happens. He still better watch out, because "Rob" Arum is a crook. Manny still needs to redeem himself against Bradley.

I wouldn't for a second believe it was ever Pac himself turning down the 40 million. "Rob" Arum was in his ear the entire time, making sure it never happened unless he himself got more out of the deal.

There is a reason Mayweather left Arum and went into business for himself.

I think what people have to realize is at this point I don't think Floyd or Manny care nearly as much about a fight between them, as the fans still do.  Maybe Manny does a little more because of all the tax problems he is going through. He could definitely use the pay day, but other then that, both guys are in their twilight years of the sport and neither really needs it.

They will go down as #1 & #2 likely of their era, and all a fight would really do is flip flop that ranking. But I don't know if either guy really cares about that much anymore.

Personally, I've said all along I think Floyd would dominate Pac, teach him a boxing lesson for 12 rounds if the fight would have taken place five or so years ago. NOW?  I think he could possibly even stop Pac due to the wear & tear Pac has taken in his last couple of fights with JMM. 

• Like 1

For the past couple years I have been telling any and everybody who would listen, Errol Spence Jr. is the next big star in boxing. He will take over. Trust me!!

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/errol-spence-jr-the-truth-coming-to-light-after-a-successful-2013

Roach just indirectly implicated Manny.

Yea and I'm sure those weren't his intentions but yea it is what it is.

Alvarez V Angulo announced for March 8 in Vegas.

Fight of the year, right there!

Yea this will be a damn good one. Plus we'll finally get to see if Canelo was right by saying from now on all his fights will be ppv headliners; no more undercards. Hope he does decent numbers tho.

Edited by T-REX1240

And exactly where dies it say Manny was juicing? Where's the failed drug test? Where's the smoking gun? All we hear is Freddy saying that Arixa was giving Manny drinks he knew nothing about. For all we knew it could have been protein shakes.

You guys want Floyd to be proven right sooooo bad.

And exactly where dies it say Manny was juicing? Where's the failed drug test? Where's the smoking gun? All we hear is Freddy saying that Arixa was giving Manny drinks he knew nothing about. For all we knew it could have been protein shakes.

You guys want Floyd to be proven right sooooo bad.

in a convo about doeboy Rios testing positive for PEDs, Roach says "I dont know what Ariza was giving him in that bottle. He wouldnt tell me."

Dont be silly here. It may not have been intentional, but he def just implicated Manny.

Canelo should handle Angulo easily. Angulo is pure pressure, but he can be outpressured himself. Canelo is probably going to outbox him, he throws decent enough combos to keep Angulo off of him and Angulo is there to be hit.

Angulo is a relatively bigger name than Carlos Molina and probably an easier fight for Canelo as well.

Dan Rafael        ✔ @danrafaelespn

Follow

According to Schaefer, @AdrienBroner has picked up his right to a rematch with @ChinoMaidana. He said rematch likely in April on @SHOsports

Follow

Schaefer said Maidana-Broner II could be 4/19 or 4/26 at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., or again at Alamodome in San Antonio. #boxing

Broner deserves some measure of credit for going right back at Maidana. A lot of fighters would have taken a "get right" fight before doing a rematch. Better fix that defense though, its extra leaky.

Follow

According to Schaefer, @AdrienBroner has picked up his right to a rematch with @ChinoMaidana. He said rematch likely in April on @SHOsports

Follow

Schaefer said Maidana-Broner II could be 4/19 or 4/26 at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif., or again at Alamodome in San Antonio. #boxing

Broner deserves some measure of credit for going right back at Maidana. A lot of fighters would have taken a "get right" fight before doing a rematch. Better fix that defense though, its extra leaky.

file_182595_1_broner_vs_maidana_4_201312

Canelo should handle Angulo easily. Angulo is pure pressure, but he can be outpressured himself. Canelo is probably going to outbox him, he throws decent enough combos to keep Angulo off of him and Angulo is there to be hit.

Angulo is a relatively bigger name than Carlos Molina and probably an easier fight for Canelo as well.

yeah, this is one of those fights that look better on paper than in reality.

What I will say is that Angulo has some pop in his punch, and Canelo hasnt fought a true 154er with 154 power before.

• Like 1

Follow

Follow

I do give Broner credit, but I think it's arrogance more than anything else. He better not lose this one.