Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

it was a close fight

most i've talked to had it 115-113 for malignaggi

i could see an argument of 115-113 for Diaz, but anything more than that is just wrong

one judge had him winning 118-110.

smelled like a hometown decision to me

I had the fight 116 -113 Malignaggi (scoring one of the rounds a draw)

Considering the fact that it was a unanimous decision....that might be the worst decision I've ever seen.

after tonight, friday night fights goes on its usual break. we get good matchups tonight though:

Tavoris Cloud vs. Clinton Woods: Cloud is a decent prospect who needs better management. he should be fighting more often, exciting fighter. possible challenger to Dawson down the line.

Randal Bailey vs. Juan Urango: this one could end violently. Bailey might be pound 4 pound the hardest puncher in boxing, but his chin can be checked. Urango is a just a bull of a fighter with a good chin himself.

Edited by StillUnknown

Authorities seize guns and bullet proof vests from Mayweather Jr's home.

When will these guys ever learn? Answer: They won't.

www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news?ccs=229&cs=102410

What is wrong with having guns, bullets, and bullet proof vests? As long as he wasn't using them to break the law....I see nothing wrong with this.

I have guns and bullets at my house. I don't have a bullet proof vest, but If I was a well known celebrity or athlete who shot my mouth off all the time, I'd probably own one of those too!

Mosely is fighting Clottey on Dec.26th

doesn't make much sense from unification standpoint, but should be a good fight

i would rather see him fight berto, even though thats probably an easier fight for Mosely

I wonder if Clottey will throw another temper tantrum after losing again.

i would have rather seen the Berto fight....and I actually think it would be a better fight than Mosely-Clottey.

Mosely needs to fight Floyd though.

Memo to HBO: Put subtitles at the bottom of the screen whenever Floyd's Uncle speaks because I can't understand anything he ****ing says!

And tell Floyd's father, Johnnie Cochran Sr., that he doesn't have to make everything into a poem. LOL

Floyd's the best

This I do attest

You better tell the rest

My food I will digest

Mayweather is the biggest ***** known to the sport of boxing. It's a shame he didn;t take the paquiao fight. I would have loved to watch him get his ass beat. Now instead we have to watch him fight yet another lesser fighter and prolly win by decision. Then he can retire again so he doesn't have to hurt his pretty face, or risk losing until he has the opportunity to have another big money fight where he will un retire

Mayweather is the biggest ***** known to the sport of boxing. It's a shame he didn;t take the paquiao fight. I would have loved to watch him get his ass beat. Now instead we have to watch him fight yet another lesser fighter and prolly win by decision. Then he can retire again so he doesn't have to hurt his pretty face, or risk losing until he has the opportunity to have another big money fight where he will un retire

This is not a simple fight by any means after taking two years off. Ask Manny himself if this is a easy fight. That said HBO is brilliant with 24/7 they are building the little mexican up but he just isn't big enough. neither is Manny for that matter. Should be a good fight though because the pee drinker has a lot of fight in him.

What is wrong with having guns, bullets, and bullet proof vests? As long as he wasn't using them to break the law....I see nothing wrong with this.

I have guns and bullets at my house. I don't have a bullet proof vest, but If I was a well known celebrity or athlete who shot my mouth off all the time, I'd probably own one of those too!

When you surround yourself with the kind of clowns these guys seem to love, all those guns are just something bad waiting to happen.

When you surround yourself with the kind of clowns these guys seem to love, all those guns are just something bad waiting to happen.

in this case I agree with you....I was just defending guns in general. There is nothing in life more ridiculous than someone trying to justify taking guns from law abiding citizens.

i love marquez as a fighter, difference between us is that i like Floyd as well as a fighter. lol

marquez is fun to watch and I appreciate his style, but I'm not a fan. I can't stand Mayweather....I think he is one of the most overrated fighters in the game, who has dodged any true test at 147.

He hasn't fought the best the sport has to offer. Fighting a smaller Hatton and a past prime De La Hoya is pretty sad considering he fights in the same division as Cotto, Mosley, and Williams.

marquez is fun to watch and I appreciate his style, but I'm not a fan. I can't stand Mayweather....I think he is one of the most overrated fighters in the game, who has dodged any true test at 147.

He hasn't fought the best the sport has to offer. Fighting a smaller Hatton and a past prime De La Hoya is pretty sad considering he fights in the same division as Cotto, Mosley, and Williams.

your argument would be accurate if he spent his entire career at 147. as i've said before, floyd started at 130 and fought all top names during his time in that division and 135

i cant stress this enough, he fought DLH at 154lbs and beat him clean. that is a huge accomplishment regardless of DLH status. people dont (or at least shouldn't) take away from pac-man's victory over DLH. they also shouldn't take away from floyds victory over DLH

his fights at 147 should've been better, i'll concede, but its not entirely his fault. floyd tried to orchestrate a fight with Cotto after cotto beat Ricardo Torres, Cotto's people turned it down because they felt Cotto wasn't ready. Floyd tried to get Shane in the ring in 2006, shane had a "toothache"

again at 147 he should be fighting the top names, but i cant see how he can be "overrate" when he cleaned out 130lbs & 135lbs while facing top flight comp.

and remember at 130 & 135 floyd wasn't solely a defensive fighter, he was one of the better offensive fighters during his reign over those 2 divisions.

you can call him alot of things, overrated cannot be one of them

Edited by StillUnknown

your argument would be accurate if he spent his entire career at 147. as i've said before, floyd started at 130 and fought all top names during his time in that division and 135

He conveniently quite fighting the top names once he reached 147....which was about 4 years ago. The fighters currently at 147 are much better than the fighters he fought coming up.

i cant stress this enough, he fought DLH at 154lbs and beat him clean. that is a huge accomplishment regardless of DLH status. people dont (or at least shouldn't) take away from pac-man's victory over DLH. they also shouldn't take away from floyds victory over DLH

difference is....Pacman came up three weight classes to fight Oscar....he is a natural 135 and came up to 147. Also, Pacman knocked him out....Mayweather barely beat him in a decision.

although...this is pretty much a non argument for me....I wasn't extremely impressed w/ pacman's victory over Oscar....I knew what was going to happen....just happened a bit quicker than I thought.

Pacman also destroyed Haton a lot quicker than Floyd....but to be honest with you...I don't like to use that as an argument because of the different nature of the matchups.

you can call him alot of things, overrated cannot be one of them

I can call him whatever I want if marquez beats him next weekend :redpunch:

Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward fighting tonight in separate bouts on showtime. the kessler fight will be shown on tape delay, but the Ward fight will be live

lets us all hope they both win and leave injury free as they are scheduled to fight each other Nov. 21 in the Super Middleweight Tourney. they are fighting soft competition so it shouldn't be an issue.

i dont want anything ruining the tournament before it starts.

Edited by StillUnknown