Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do the players get out of it?

rdskns n 05

I was thinking about us making the playoffs and wondering if I was a player.....why would I keep on going to work if I did have to. I guess what I am trying to ask is do they get extra game check? I often wondered how do they stay fired up about keep on going? I think it is easy for us to sit in our couches or the stadium and cheer for them vs. the players have to work gruling hours and extreme workouts to keep going. So what do they get? I am sure somebody knows at our great site. Thanks.. Oh GO SKINS!!!!!!!

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a joke thread or not?

Every player's dream, hell, probably 90% of the board has the same dream, of winning the Super Bowl. When you're making as much money as these players are, I'm not quite sure an extra game check is why you play.

If you look at the Grant interception in the NFC Championship game, just before the snap the announcer, can't remember who it was, talks about how if they either get to or win the Super Bowl, can't remember that, either, they get $75,000. Back then the contracts weren't nearly what they are today, so I'm guessing the reward is pretty hefty.

I also think that players may get something per accomplishment, like touchdown, fumble caused, sack, interception, etc.

Here you go. All you wanted to know and more about playoff pay and such.

http://www.nflpa.org/newsandevents/playoffs_pay.aspx

A player who qualifies will receive the following amounts for each post-season game played after the 2007 season:

Wild Card (Division Winner)

$20,000

Wild Card (Other)

$18,000

Divisional Playoffs

$20,000

Conference Championship

$37,500

Super Bowl (Winner)

$78,000

Super Bowl (Loser)

$40,000

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a joke thread or not?

Every player's dream, hell, probably 90% of the board has the same dream, of winning the Super Bowl. When you're making as much money as these players are, I'm not quite sure an extra game check is why you play.

If you look at the Grant interception in the NFC Championship game, just before the snap the announcer, can't remember who it was, talks about how if they either get to or win the Super Bowl, can't remember that, either, they get $75,000. Back then the contracts weren't nearly what they are today, so I'm guessing the reward is pretty hefty.

I also think that players may get something per accomplishment, like touchdown, fumble caused, sack, interception, etc.

No joke just wondering..Nobody ever talks about it..

heres what i found at the nflpa.org in the cba.

http://www.nflpa.org/cba/cba_pdf/Article_XLII_Post-Season_Pay.pdf

it looks like for the 2007 season

in the wildcard game the players for the division winner get $20,000 and the players in the wildcard spots get $18,000

for the division playoff game the players get $20,000 for either team

conference championship gets the players $37,500

super bowl winning players get $78,000 while the losers get $40,000

at least thats how that chart reads to me.

Here you go. All you wanted to know and more about playoff pay and such.

http://www.nflpa.org/newsandevents/playoffs_pay.aspx

man, you posted all that as i was typing mine up. found the same thing on a different page on the nflpa site. mine showed up as the actual legalese of the collective bargaining agreement with all the vii. subsection 8 paragraph 4 junk.

man, you posted all that as i was typing mine up. found the same thing on a different page on the nflpa site. mine showed up as the actual legalese of the collective bargaining agreement with all the vii. subsection 8 paragraph 4 junk.

That was the other page I found. I thought I was taking a bar exam just reading it. :silly:

umm because they are atheletes and they want to in.

i take it you never played sports growing up?? it's not all about money.. any football player in the league will take a SB ring over a years pay anyday.

not everyone wins superbwols.. that's enough encentive to play good football , what are you talking about?

Well if you have ever been on any athletic team (doubt it), then you would know that they want to win. It is obvious that the main drive behind players is to win games, and to win the superbowl, money in this situation for the Redskins, is the last thing theyre thinking about.

Archived